Robert Dyas Employee Reviews

fun
Store manager (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2019
Staff happy and worked well.
management was on the end of a phone
shop always was loved and head office approved and helped us keep it that way.
Good
Great management and comfortable enviroment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chichester22 January 2019
Overall, Robert Dyas is a good place to work. The management and store collegues are friendly and understanding and willing to teach. We have regular training to make sure we know how to be safe at work and what we are doing as well as benefits such as a completely paid for Christmas meal. You are never thrown into a task where you dont know what you're doing and collegues are always around to help.
Pros
Free Christmas meal and paid holiday
Cons
Salary isn't particularly competitive
well organized company
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London17 January 2019
i was sales assistant. my job was to deal with any kind of customer related support, till handling, cashing up, stock check, warehouse management and shelf filling. management and head office colleagues were very supportive.
Pros
break time was fairly divided.
Cons
frequent change of management
Not For Everyone
Senior Buyer / Trader (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey9 January 2019
You need to be a particular type of person to thrive here.
You can do well if you do not try to deceive the CEO, be upfront and honest and if you screw up take accountability you will get more respect from Theo that way.
Robert Dyas was a great company to work for
Marketing and Property Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greater London8 January 2019
Robert Dyas has existed for a long time. It provides an excellent introduction into the world of retail and home and garden products. The people are friendly.
good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford30 December 2018
typical day at work busy I learned to be proactive workplace was nice hardest part of the job long cues best part customer satisfaction I gained a good set of skills
Pros
unpaid
Cons
long hours good money
Good
Customer Adviser (Former Employee) –  Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire21 November 2018
Was okay but didn't get on with manager. But the staff were nice to work with and it helped my customers service skills. So overall was a pretty good company to work for to improve your skills in the costumer service side of things
Pros
Cons
On feet all day
productive place of work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  london8 November 2018
i enjoyed my time working in robert days it was nice working with different people and learning different things along the way i would recommend this place of work to most people.
productive
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London18 October 2018
it was a okay place to work is kinda a struggle to get to as i live about an hour and half away. it helped me develop my knowledge throughout the year.
Pros
long breaks
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2018
When I was at Robert Dyas it taught me the basics of shop retail and what it takes to work 9-5 hours 5 days a week also teaching me on what I have to do in retail
Pros
Good lunch break and people who I had the experience with created a good environment to work in
Cons
Long hours for a starting job
Enter at your own risk
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London West, Greater London7 September 2018
I worked for Robert Dyas for about a year and in that time, I think the company is outdated and it always felt being in the movie Groundhog Day doing the same thing day in day out and the job gets boring after a time also staff are not treated too well neither. If you make a simple mistake you might as well as don’t pass go or don’t collect the money and go straight to jail.
Pros
Good discount for staff
Cons
Products overpriced, poor management, staff treated poorly
Regualr form of work but with great colleges.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey23 August 2018
Robert Dyas is a shop that has not left the past. It's equipment and techniques are outdated, but it is supported by it long standing customer relations. This is provided by the great qualities of the people I worked with there.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
oudated and poor managing.
Managers are not supportive
London-Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 August 2018
Too much pressure on up-selling and not having quality experience in the workplace. A lot of writing required for training. Managers are not supportive.
Relaxed workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodley28 July 2018
I would recommend Robert Dyas as a workplace to anyone. It is especially good as a first job due to the relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I have experienced supportive managers who I have enjoyed working for.
Great Benefits
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  North Finchley, Greater London20 July 2018
*Helping customers purchase goods at the till point was a typical work day.
*While I was working there I learnt how to process refunds.
*I found that while some of the management were polite some would talk down to you, this seems like a growing popular culture in retail.
* There was some heavy lifting and I was on my feet all day.
* Talking to all of the customers was great, helping them to make a purchase.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
heavy lifting and climbing ladders
productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thame17 June 2018
very enjoyable workplace, good moral among colleagues, management are really helpful and always willing to teach sales assistant new areas of expertise, always room to advance whether its learning returns and refunds, to working the computer in the office.
Pros
staff discounts and general moral
productive
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wandsworth8 June 2018
working within a small team created a good workplace, people are friendly and always help when needed. Progression is always available aslong as you are willing to work and prove yourself to management aswell as yourself.
Amazing work place!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex5 June 2018
I cannot fault my team at Robert Dyas! we all chip in to help each other out and have made a lot of strong bonds over the years, which make them all so pleasant to work with!
Pros
generous staff discount
Cons
cover for shifts
Friendly Staff, Brilliant Part-time Job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey14 May 2018
I have enjoyed working at Robert Dyas for the past few years as the staff and customers are very friendly. Learning about the products we sell has allowed me to gain useful knowledge for important day-to-day skills as the company is a hardware retailer.
Pros
discount on products we sell is very good
Cons
sometimes not much to do at the weekend
Busy, but not the best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 May 2018
A very busy day working, helping customers and restocking shelves making sure everything is full for the customer but isn't the most fun place to work at and can be pretty dull, but the staff are great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Dyas. Our community is ready to answer.