Robert Dyas

Robert Dyas Employee Reviews

United Kingdom123 reviews
Was my first job so wasn’t expecting anything amazing but I was satisfied with what I earned as a 16 year old and wasn’t too hard. Hours were also quite flexible
Retail is always stressful but the people I have worked with have been beyond exceptional. My health has always been first and I have never felt pressured to take on more overtime that I wanted.
Not something that most people want to do long term but it’s a good place to get some experience if you’re at school or uni. Not the most exciting work in the world but it’s simple enough and will earn you a little bit of extra money.
I enjoyed my work experience there as the employees were respectful and great to talk to. The workload was spread out fairly as it was not stressing. Overall, I think it was great place to work at.
Started working in Dorchester for 3 weeks training, lovely team and enjoyed my time there, moved to my store in Yeovil and immediately noticed the demoralised staff. Management was power crazy and never told anyone a positive comment. Had to pay for parking everyday no assistance towards it from the company. Couldn't wait to leave.
Pros
Good Staff discount
Minimum wage and only wanted more work done. High pressure and rush. Overtime for minimum wage. Get full time....even waiting time is 10 months....if you are good then you are gonna die there.
Job security, good management, and colleagues, discipline and welorganised. Understanding customer care and wel presentation to the service. Time to time visit from the head office.
Robert Dyas is an exciting company to work for, it teaches you communication skills as well as gaining an eye for detail.

Staff are friendly, and you will be well

Looked after in your role.
Good start with the company three weeks training at Thane Then started in Banbury disappointing first day shopfloor was in need of some TLC basic cleaning facing up prices on products but that’s what I was there for.What was surprising was the lack of Standards in the warehouse stock literally laying on the floor along with the rubbish from previous deliveries and also drinks cans discarded.Staff areas were disgusting and the toilets were filthy dirty and the bins haven’t been emptied and overflowing onto the floor
If you've worked in retail, you know that management make the store. Sadly at my store the management wasn't great, this translated into a working environment where people did not want to be and a high staff turnover.
The work itself was easy and sometimes mind numbing. Best part of the job was the staff discounts.
This is a great work experience , I didn't officially work here as an employee as I was studying and unable to commit work wise. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed my overall experience.
Overall really fun and I learnt a lot of key skills there too. The staff are really kind and the discount is good aswell. The only downsides are that you may be called into work overtime at a very short notice but apart from that its great.
Some members of staff are great to work with, most costumers are kind. Though the management team would bully and gang up on younger members of the team.
Pros
30 minutes breaks
Cons
Management team
Good place to work if you are looking to gain experience in a shop and build customer service skills. Includes a lot of heavy lifting if you are working deliveries.
Staff are friendly, supervisor is top of the list management good area manager is great overall it’s a great place to work pay could be better as most of us are on minimum pay ,good interaction with customers getting several 100% mystery shops
Really poor company culture. There's a real breakdown in communication between head office and stores. No career development or progression. Failed to ensure adequate cover for staffing issues and the constant push for "Hot Products" which were pure rubbish, wore really thin.
I worked here for over 6 months as my first retail job and consequently gained a lot of knowledge and experience. Although the staff were all lovely in the store I was in, there seemed to be a negative attitude regarding your individual contribution and we were often criticised for poor performance regardless of the situation. Additionally, there was little incentive or rewards to encourage working well. Consequently, the overall atmosphere towards work was negative and led to a somewhat tension between the sales and management teams. All being said, I did enjoy myself working here and it was a perfect first job for a student.
Pros
Lovely people and easy work
Cons
Little reward for staff
It is a good place as the working environment is very friendly and they treat you well. It is a extremely tiring job as there is no resting and it is constant movement.
Pros
Non
Cons
no progression and salary not great. not many benefits. people were nice and friendly and had social life. bbqs in head off and friday drinks. nice office.
I would normally stack shelves and clean up around the store. I would also help customers around the store whenever they needed guidance. I learned how to work as a team and how to interact with customers. moreover, self discipline and how to be conscientious. The team was very kind and taught me a lot and helped me when I was stuck. The hardest part would be cleaning out the storage room. The most enjoyable part would be helping the customers.
Pros
lunch times
Working with good people and good leadership. A typical day involves stacking shelves and working behind the till. The hours are typical of a retail shop, 8:30am - 5:30 pm.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Short Lunches