RNLI

RNLI Employee Reviews for Lifeguard

Productive and fun
Become part of a family where you work close with one another to ensure the beach is safe for the public. Learn many life skills that will benefit you throughout your life.
stressful but can be fun
stressful but can be fun
full training is given and paid for

high level of fitness is required throughout the season (the workouts can be really fun)
Good job satisfaction
learned multiple ways of managing a team as well as the public. very good at training staff, with lots of different courses for staff to do. very good job satisfaction.
Professional
Really fun working on the beach with like minded people with similar interests. Workers are always striving for good public image with is really important for the charity.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Rain
Amazing
Amazing company to work for, great management and even greater job! You get to sun tan whilst working and awesome working perks! Payed lunch with a 30minute surf break! What more could you want?!
Pros
Payed lunch, 30 minute surf break
Good.
RNLI beach lifeguard is the best job in Britain. Working on the best beach in Europe really helps to show that. My colleagues are all similar thinking, young adults and work is an enjoyable place to be.
Amazing place to work
A super place to work with lots of fun and interesting events happening all the time extra training given to a worldwide standard
productive and a nice workplace
Working for the RNLI allowed me to develop new skills such as time management, working with different services such as police, ambulance and council. It has also developed my knowledge on dealing with different types of the general public. Allowing me to work in many different workplaces.
Pros
helping the public when in need
Cons
cullerocats being a rough beach and having no support from police at times
Patrolling
A very good Experience learning many lessons. Always alert. Always ready. Working while dealing with stress. I would like to express my deepest thanks to the RNLI for the extensive training.
I have learnt a number of new skills as a result of working for the RNLI and would highly recommend them. My position has taught me leadership, team work, handling pressure and logistics.
Exciting and Challenging
Exciting and very rewarding place to work over the summer months looking after members of the public and saving lives if required.
Pros
Outdoor summer job
Cons
Tough training
Fun work, dedicated to saving lives, lifelong experience.
I worked as a Beach Lifeguard. What better place to work? Ensuring public safety by being equipped with advanced first aid skills, prolific rescue skills, and a high standard of fitness.
Very well organised company, good management. Always someone to talk to if needed and great support from co workers. The RNLI is like a family, everyone supports everyone.

Hardest part of the job is rainy days, when no one comes to the beach. however these days are perfect for improving personal work skills and team cohesion.

The most enjoyable part of the day is leaving the beach after clocking off on a scorching, busy day, safe in the knowledge that everything you did today saved lives. Another enjoyable part of the job is knowing that no single day is the same, anything can happen on any day!
Pros
Saving lives, outside job, high fitness standards, socials
Cons
Long days