RNIB Employee Reviews

Interim Head (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 June 2018
RNIB gave me fantastic work opportunities to develop my career within management at all levels. You had the autonomy to get on and develop new areas of work which benefited people with sight loss
Pros
Good development opportunities
Cons
frequently worked 60 hours a week in last role
Great Place to work
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 February 2018
Good Work life balance ....management is very good ..friendly atmosphere... stress free environment.. flexible hours.. mixed culture ..
great place to work
Pros
flexi hours
Children make the job
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry24 December 2017
Enjoy the challenges everyday brings and thinking of ways to adapt so the children can enjoy a fuller life
Supporting them to get a education
Go out to shop enjoy places of interest access the community
RNIB encourage you to think outside the box
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Shifts
Allowed me to work from home with a young baby
Telephone Canvasser/ Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Cheshunt, Hertfordshire24 November 2017
Working for the RNIB from home was an ideal way to continue working whilst caring for a young baby, It allowed me to maintain a business mindset after becoming a mother for the first time.
Pros
Home based
Cons
Evening work only
Fun and rewarding
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Coventry1 November 2017
I learnt a lot abut myself and the care system with this job. Worked with some amazing staff and supporting the same young people everyday made my job so rewarding. You can progress here and complete your NVQ but I left before that was available to me.
Ok
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Coventry27 September 2017
It is an enjoyable place to work except lots of staffing issues and internal problems that never really get looked into correctly. The young people are great and experience vast life experiences through staff dedication although this is spoils by lack of higher management understanding of how difficult a job it can be.
Pros
Local to my address
Cons
Internal affairs
treasury operations clerk
Treasury Assistant (Current Employee) –  Finance26 July 2017
fantastic company to work for. so many friendly people. the job was very interesting, I cover so many different areas.

the only down side is having to pay for parking because it is in the city centre
Pros
lovely people
Cons
paying for parking
fun place to work
IT Support (Former Employee) –  London4 July 2017
like tackling the jobs the travel I learned to be patient with clients also it made me understand how to approach people of differing backgrounds.it gave a good understanding of customer care
Pros
travel in your own time
Cons
misunderstood
volunteer
IT Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire24 June 2017
I worked as a volunteer there for a short period of time.
as I was on call IT supporter I was not involved with the company that I can say much about RINB.
very good
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands8 May 2017
Exciting and rewarding.
Supportive environment, with lots of opportunity to excel and develop new skills

My personal review of RNIB as a whole
RNIB- fundraiser for the blind (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 April 2017
Great for some one who like to travel about and meet new people on a daily basis and who has a passion for helping a good cause and educating people on what it is RNIB dose to help people in need and what your money would be going to
Pros
Meeting new people and educating them on information
Cons
Undone getbur sales money for the first 3weeks
Friendly and supportive staff
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire5 April 2017
I did this for work experience and my typical day here including supporting the students in activities, helping in planning day activities, interacting with students and supporting staff in activities. I learnt how to interact with the students who all had different disabilities and how to support people with disabilities. The hardest part of my job was getting used to being around people with disabilities as I had never been around people like that before. The best part of my job was that I supported and interacted the one student who was upset about something but I managed to calm them down.
Pros
Supporting and helping students
Very productive work place
Security lead Architect (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 February 2017
Working at RNIB

RNIB is a very nice company to work with and inhibit accessibility research.

If require I will work again in RNIB.
Great team and workplace
Accounts Receivable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough12 February 2017
I worked with Accounts Receivable team producing invoices, chasing debts, processing payments received and dealing with various accounts enquiries as and when required.

I also assisted other teams like cashiers and management accountants when required.

I truly enjoyed working with every member of staff.

I have gained valuable experience working with Sage 500 and Sage 1000 as well as learned to use NAV.
Excellent Working Environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire9 February 2017
Employee training ongoing

Employee and management engagement at all levels.

Employees understand the company ethos and its culture. Long serving employees up to 21 years of service.
Rewarding job
Customer Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough24 November 2016
If you like speaking to people all day and helping them with their enquiries on a diverse range of product and services then this may be a place you would consider working.

It's a very fast paced ever changing environment which offers you the chance to help people on a wide scale.

If you prefer a quieter slow paced job then don't even think about it.

The job offers plenty of satisfaction because the customers you will be dealing with are always extremely grateful for your help.
Pros
Tea, Coffee and Milk are provided in the canteen areas.
Cons
Very fast paced, ever changing environment.
A lot of change required
Creative Project Management (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 November 2016
Good cause but badly managed. Managers are all interim so don't care about the permanent members of staff, are rarely in the office, and don't offer any support for their line reports, and put unreasonable expectations on stagg
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No security, bad/non-existent management
Challenging but fun environment to work in
Customer Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough City Centre, Cambridgeshire23 November 2016
It's a very full on job and a privilege to work on the Helpline for the RNIB acting as the first contact point for blind and partially customers and those just enquiring for the first time.

The calls are the most varied I have ever come across and while I can answer the majority of them there are always a few which catch me out that I've not come across. No two days are the the same, you never know what you're going to get but the customers are generally the most appreciative I've come across and are always very grateful for whatever help you can give them.

The new offices are very modern and within easy distance to the City Centre which makes it convenient when going out at lunchtimes.

On the whole my colleagues are a pleasure to work with and each person offers a unique quality that the RNIB must be very fortunate to have.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a career here but beware it is a very busy and fast pace job if you think you're up to it.
Pros
free tea, coffee & milk in the canteen
Cons
Very hectic environment at times, very full on job.
Enlightening and helpful
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 June 2016
I learnt many valuable and transferable skills during my time volunteering for RNIB. for example, team work skills are essential, as are time keeping, organisation, communicating thoroughly and confidence.

My co-workers and management were all friendly and supportive and the volunteer experience was thoroughly enjoyable.

Building my confidence around a new set of people was initially a challenge for me, but working with RNIB really helped me to develop that because during events there was always a wide range of new people and by the end of my volunteer period it was one of the parts I enjoyed most.

This role also helped me to develop my team work skills because organising events and making sure they run smoothly requires a great deal of team work. this was another aspect of the role I found really enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long commute
Work at RNIB
Audio Producer (Former Employee) –  Heathfield20 May 2016
A typical day at work - I recorded at least 2 two-hour sessions at work,having 2 volunteer readers reading articles from newspapers or magazines which were, after they had been processed, sent to blind or partially sighted subscribers in various formats. I or one of the volunteers selected the articles in advance. I also had to phone to get volunteers for the various sessions as the regular readers were not always available. I filled in at reception if needed eg. sorting post, answering the telephone, greeting visitors, data input.

What you learned - I was learning about the various technical sides of recording using Adobe Audition. I was also learning about Word and Excel during my other duties.

Management - I was always managed well even in stressful situations, eg. if several people were off ill or papers had not arrived.

Your co-workers - I got on very well with all my paid colleagues. However, sometimes the volunteers had their own ideas about how to run a session.

The hardest part of the job - Sometimes it was hard to complete the recording session within the allocated time slot eg. if readers made a lot of mistakes during their reading or there was some technical problem.

The most enjoyable part of the job - Learning different things when recording various articles and choosing the articles beforehand. Working with the various volunteers.