RM Plc Employee Reviews

Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 January 2019
I recommend anyone to join RM

work is very challenging but rewarding at the same time

You get to meet very well rounded people and i'll be surprised if you don't learn anything in the first year
Avoid at all costs
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire3 December 2018
We were given barely a days training if that’s what you call it, and shown how to key paper orders in. We were supposed to be trained on phones but they had no time to train us.
We literally spent hours wielding thumbs and staring out windows as nothing to do it was awl.
Management don seem to have a clue what’s going on, and they should seriously take part in undercover boss to really discover the environment and how workers speak about colleagues and customers, it’s dispicable.
The hardest part o job is being bored rigid, and when ask for somthing to do they tell you there isn’t anything, yet they complain about to busy to train.
It’s blatently obvious that any of the perm staff really don’t like temps, and they show it in the cruelest of ways.
There’s a gat deal of bullying and oppressive atmosphere within the contact centre, and very unhappy people.
Enjoyable part was Day I left.
This company needs a good shakeup and quickly before somthing really serious happens .
Pros
Cons
Boring, lack training, bullying and intimidation

Comment – 4 December 2018

Good Afternoon,

I think you have us mixed up with another company and have comment on the wrong one.

We are based in the North East of England and don't employ anyone from Nottinghamshire.

Please could you remove the review.

Many thanks
TTS

Good work bad company
1st Line Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire31 October 2018
I was a first line support engineer which meant on a daily basis i was answering calls, fixing problems and logging the service required for over 600 schools across the UK.
Pros
Easy work if you know about computers
Cons
some times you'll need to start work at 7 or not finish till 6
Great for honing skills, poor for appreciation and morale.
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire3 August 2018
Initial a great person to learn the tools of the trade, but quickly became corporate with unobtainable targets with poor appreciation of staff and morale.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Senior management
Employees aren't very engaged
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London29 May 2018
Employees aren't very engaged. I perceive the company to have slightly lost direction in the recent years. They are traditionally a company that used to sell machines, not sure if they know how to sell software and technology.
Do not care about staff
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire10 May 2018
As soon as I got ill needed 4 days off they cancelled my contract. Sorry, but you can’t help being ill.. so if you get a job here I’d advise to not get poorly
Pros
Cons
Hours
Micro Managers
Field Based Network Engineer (2nd/1st Line) (Former Employee) –  London6 February 2018
Pros:
- Salary/Benefits
- Largest known IT Support company in London (to schools that is)

Cons:
- Managers micro-manage your day-to-day onsite
- No trust put in consultants/technicians to do their job.
- lots of outsourcing to india.
Excellent company with supportive PMO
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2018
Very organised and structured delivery company.
Great supportive management structure.
Pro-active PMO office based in India and the UK.
All engineers highly skilled and customer facing.
Pros
Great work environment
Good company to work for
Key Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire11 January 2018
It's a good company to work for and there are opportunities for progression. The salary and overall package, however, is poor. Management actively seek feedback and this is sometimes acted upon.
A good company
2nd Line Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horsham29 November 2017
Resolving issues with the suite of products installed at 100's of schools.

The hardest part of the job was being transferred to Abingdon.

The most enjoyable part was assisting the IT managers at the schools.
Pros
An excellent canteen
Cons
Too far away
Creative and Innovative atmosphere
New Product Development Director (Former Employee) –  Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire21 November 2017
Due to the learning culture career development is totally achievable with hard work.
Management is strong and focussed.
Workplace culture is work hard play hard.
Hardest part of the job is the volume and exacting degree of detail required.
Most enjoyable part is the people.
Pros
Free fruit Friday, birthdays off.
Professional
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Oxford9 November 2017
One of the best working company.

- Increase market share and the uptake of the product.
- Interact with customers to gather an understanding their requirements from the computer system products available.
- Develop and implement databases, data collections systems, data analytics to optimise an effective and quality approach to clients
- Build a relationship with business managers within schools and Multi-Academy Trust
Constant state of change
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire18 September 2017
Good for grad experience. Continually changing management and strategy. Difficult to succeed. Supported in moves to different role disciplines but equally expected to perform.
Great place for work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen13 July 2017
I enjoyed time with RM Education very much, Very open minded team and always willing to teach you new skills.
Felt positive vibes every time and no stress at workplace.
IT systems were brought up to high standards and planning and procedures were in place. Safe environment was to work.
very busy growing company
warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire5 July 2017
start work at 7:30 am depending on if I am on admin duty or if I am on warehouse duties will depend on if I check the company emails for the day deliveries , inform my manager of whats coming in , then start the filing of yesterdays deliveries , deal with all the
questions from staff and from or Kirkby site .

the culture is many languges to deal with at a very fast based environment the hard thing is balancing the phone calls the drivers coming in and the questions from our Kirby site by phone call .

the most enjoyable time is the parties and days out that they plan through out the year
Pros
discounts and bonus
Cons
wage for what is expected of you
Fun learning
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire23 February 2017
I was an apprentice at RM Education and was shadowing a technician and learning the trade of the business. It was fun and I learnt alot whilst enjoying myself.
Excellent company to work for.
Apprentice Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 February 2017
I learnt a lot of things working with this company. Every day was different as I was based on site within a school. Honestly, I would have liked more interaction with network infrastructure, but I still enjoyed the day to day tasks as a whole.

I met with my manager once or twice a month, which is fine as these meeting always covered everything we had to talk about. The managers are always very grateful of the effort the engineers put in and will help you not only with work problems, but problems outside of work to, they're very down to earth. All the team members were always down for a laugh too.

The hardest part of the job? there wasn't really any challenging parts to this job apart from difficult customers from time to time, especially when our servers dropped for whatever reason. I really enjoyed the entire job as a whole, best working year of my life so far, highly recommend working for this company. Not to mention they provide any training you want to take and will assist you in your personal development in any way they can.
Pros
Great training opportunities and work life balance
Cons
not in control of IT budget, all decisions made by other parties
Great company to work for.
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire15 February 2017
Large organisation, based in Didcot, oxon. Left many years ago, but was the place to work at the time. Gone through many changes now, so can't comment fully on what it is like now.
shrinking for last 5 years
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire1 February 2017
Tough market place
Hard to tell what the future will hold for the company
People make the place
Time will tell if they can turn it around
Great Place to Work
Resource Controller (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire18 January 2017
RM on the whole is a great immersive place to work; the people and the ethic are the main attributes towards this.

The management although lenient in allowing workplace chat and interaction have a tendency to distance themselves from their subordinates creating a barrier between the SMT.

The atmosphere within RM is one of an enlarged family and in that is unlike any other place I've worked previously. Your colleagues take an invested interest and go out of their way to help you and make you feel welcome.

Across the majority of the teams it's very seasonal, within school term times it tends to be quieter and the main focus gearing towards the high intensity of the summer and school holiday periods.

The most enjoyable part of this job aside from working within a friendly team is the benefit that you feel as though your working towards bettering school and teaching environments. At RM the customer really does come first and is at the core of everything they strive towards.