Riverside Academy Employee Reviews

Stressful with low pay
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL23 May 2018
I wasn't fond of this job, but I did what I was told. The staff was difficult to work with, but the job got done. I was grateful for a job and thankful they chose me.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
The pay was very low
Very Stressful
Full Time Teaching (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati Ohio16 May 2018
The management of the School was more profit driven than pupil driven. The lack of leadership from the principal lead to many student issues. The students were out of control and the Principal was not a force of control of the students.
Pros
The students
Cons
The Management
Great workplace
medical records (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS25 January 2018
An amazing place to work. Great environment. Great advancement opportunities. Great people to work with! Fast paced work environment and a lot to learn!
Na
Teacher/ Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS3 August 2017
Very poorly ran. Anyone can be a supervisor. Everything is due to change at any time no time period before unexpected change. Need someone to come assist unprofessional team.
School with amazing potential
Full time Art Teacher K-8TH (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH21 May 2017
An incredible culture and capacity for growth and learning. The staff is friendly and helpful, working together as a team with a common goal. The students and families have a sincere desire to learn.
Great opportunity to be apart of child development
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS3 May 2017
It's a great place if you love to interact with kids and learn more about child behaviors and triggers. You learn how to deescalate negative problems and teach kids how to become effective citizens.
Pros
Interaction with kids
Not bad!
8th Grade English Language Arts Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MI24 April 2017
It's a comfortable working environment, but test scores rule the roost! It's a great charter school compared to others in the area. Not a bad place to work!
Great place to work. Great people and I truly enjoyed working with the students.
Cafeteria Associate (Former Employee) –  Reserve, LA30 November 2016
It was a very physical job but it was very rewarding. Typically, we would prep food for the day. Serve students and faculty daily. Daily cleanup would consist of, mopping, washing dishes and sanitizing the work station.
Pros
Being at school with my child
Cons
Physical
Challenging community and company to work in.
Principal (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH1 November 2015
Never know what each days challenges will entail. Company/Management lacked understanding to the amount of work placed on staff. Company many times lacked empathy due to challenge of low income communities.
Pros
Working with staff, children and families.
Cons
Charter school run by management company with a profit focus.
Charter
Reading Specialist (Former Employee) –  OHIO30 September 2015
An awesome charter school that has been around for years and it has been very successful. Great teachers, great admin, great stakeholders.
Pros
Diverse
Productive and fun enviornment
Long-Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MI2 March 2015
Excellent work environment with great co-workers. I developed exponentially while working at Armada learning new skills everyday. The hardest part of the job is juggling time between creating lesson plans and grading papers
Great school
Teacher /Coach / Disciplinarian (Current Employee) –  Reserve, LA11 February 2015
Riverside Academy is a family oriented school that offers Prek3 to High School curriculum. The faculty and staff are great mentors as well as educators.
Pros
Great academics as well as atheletics
Cons
Private school/private pay
Supervisor of Safety and Security (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL4 November 2014
The atmosphere was amazing and everyone was part of the team. The flexibility and pay was great and would still be there if it hadn't closed down.
Was a safe and great to work and made every work member feel like family!!
parprofessional (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MI19 October 2014
work was professional and it was a happy work place. co workers were nice and dependable and if you ever need anything everyone had your back.
Typical Day
Instructional Aide/Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH15 September 2014
A typical day at Riverside would be helping teachers with academic lessons working with students in small groups and providing classroom management
Pros
family oriented workplace felt like hanging out with friends and family
Cons
Compensation
Practicum Intern Therapist
Intern Therapist (Former Employee) –  Winston, OR3 September 2014
First job as a therapist outside of the grad school setting as a Day Treatment Therapist. Group, Individual and Family Therapy. Great experience.
Teacher's Assistant
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, Michigan13 May 2013
Working with young students to reinforce new learning materials, improve skills, and monitor progress.
Working with teachers and students daily dealing with lessons as well as behavior issues
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH19 October 2012
Working with students that may have problem keeping on pace with the class and work require of them either for not paying attention or behavior reasons. Always learning new way to meet the challenges that the students would present and way to re challenge them to compliance of what they needed to do to complete work. Love working with the teacher because they would help me as well like a refresher of school for me the hard part of the job would dealing with behavior and some of the out comes when the student got in trouble that would put them out of school for a period of time. Seeing the students excel in their work a make their parents proud and the teacher and myself that we were successful in helping this child meet their goals to pass a test to move up to the next grade. Management was okay they give us lot materiel to help us to be on top of giving the child their needs .
Pros
neeting my goal for that school year helping children to meet their goal in lfe
Cons
did like the fire drills and out door activities in the winter time
Friendly and happy environment with lots of sport.
Spanish teacher----Head of Spanish dept. (Former Employee) –  332Railroad Ave.Reserve LA.7008419 July 2012
The day begins with the supervision of various classes as a room teacher. Next I had the kids stand and salute the flag and repeating the pledge. The principal then followed with announcements for the day.Classes kept moving on to the fourth period, followed by lunch.Upon returning we continue to the seventh period which concluded the day. I learnt to organize myself and to work with others for the good of the students. management was super good. My coworkers could not be better.To me the hardest part of the job was to keep up with the records. The most enjoyable part is to teach. I really enjoy it Those kids are so loving and brilant. I love them and it makes my teaching easier.
Pros
no free lunch, lots of hall duty and fun raising
Cons
short breaks, free period, and prep period.