Riverside Employee Reviews

role
support worker (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire9 September 2019
Busy , enjoyable, can be draining.
Working with complex needs. Learning all the time. Team strong, in house training. Working with many agencies.
Lots of paperwork written and computer. Varying hours
Good Work place
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  South6 June 2019
I work for this company for over 5 yrs now. I started as PA and now I am Senior SW.
Great company who value staff. you do overtime, only if you want to. I don't agree with other reviews, appears to be from workers who left company or been dismissed for their misconduct. I am never overworked, if colleague is off sick, you are being politely asked do you fancy overtime, it is not a must as others are stating. Love my job and the difference I make
Poor management
Housing O (Former Employee) –  Riveside12 May 2019
Horrible place to work and racist! Poor management. Managers are stepping to positions which there not ready for or have the right skills, qualified etc.

If your face do not fit in you’ll will get ignored. Also if you have any disabilities don’t bother applying any jobs.

No private confidential at all for staff or customers.
Terrible place to work
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terry street hull8 May 2019
Will be expected to clean tenants sick up, needles and drugs. Overworked and underpaid avoid like the plague. Expected to work double shifts and unsafe working environments. Managers no good either.
Terrible
Income Officer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire25 April 2019
Worst Housing Assocation I have ever worked in. Management and TL are biased. They will manage people out who they don't like and favor people they do
Cons
Awful experience, dont work here
Housing (Former Employee) –  LCR27 March 2019
I also hated working for Riverside, this is a housing association in crisis, most of the merseyside stock are Victorian Damp ridden slums, they will expect you to let these properties to the poor and most vulnerable people of the city and then be prompt in evicting them.
You will not get any support of a bullying management culture and if you have a disability do not inform any management in housing as you will be discriminated against.

A typical day will consist of fire fighting crisis situations for at least the largest proportion of your day, you will then not have the capacity to take your extra hours accrued .

As mentioned most of the rented properties are that old they are desperate to off load them to other associations ,meaning further redundancy down the road .

I would not recommend working here in Liverpool , please take my advice and look to other housing associations where you will be treated more fairly.

This is only a review of the Social Housing sector which has a culture of exiting vulnerable tenants and disabled staff members.
Pros
Cons
everything
Poorly managed with face fits culture
Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 February 2019
I hated working at Riverside. The pay never reflected the host of responsibilities that grew considerably throughout my career. Great performance was only acknowledged with a £20 voucher due to the stagnant culture of management. Managers didn't want their team to develop and didn't recognise the needs of teams. The culture of the business was very authoritarian with a cult of personality focused on the CEO. I made numerous attempts to work to address the concerns that many of us had about workloads and was essentially told I was lucky to be there.

Since leaving I've been allowed to grow and develop into a much more rounded team member and have been given license to make decisions while benefitting from the rewards that strong performance should give.
Pros
Pension was ok
Cons
Lack of compassion. Stagnant culture of management. Face fits environment with a lot of nepotism.
Excellent Workplace
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear13 November 2018
This is the best job I have ever had. Excellent pay and terms and conditions. No zero hour contracts.
Customers and staff are fabulous and job satisfaction is amazing. Management are very supportive and proactive and all staff are valued.
There are days when it can be stressful but everyone pulls together as a team.
Staff turnover is minimal and staff who have left for personal reasons have asked to come back on the bank.
Pros
Vibrant work place, team work, lovely customers
Cons
negative reviews from bitter ex members of staff
Not good at all
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East9 November 2018
Get rid of you if you any mental health issues or unwell rubbish work ok but poor mangerment and lack of people who know how to do stuff as they cant keep staff
Cons
Awful company to work for
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington1 November 2018
Very long hours. Stressful very poor management. The only plus is the pay and the service users. Some of the staff are great but you have to be careful of what you say to some as there's a lot of back stabbing.
Pros
Service users. Pay
Cons
Really bad Management.
Riverside care and support not a great place to work
ex employee (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire28 September 2018
If your face does not fit boy do they let you know - nepatism for friends of management otherwise staff not teat v well at all - terrible atmosphere and bullying
Pros
avoid working here
Cons
too many to mention
fast paced
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire20 March 2018
very lovely clients and loved the job but the hours became impossible to work. you learn a lot about yourself and make good relationships with clients.
Brilliant
Care Worker/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear6 March 2018
Excellent place to work where every staff member is valued. There are days that can be stressful but team pulls together and makes it work. You will go a long way to find management that are approachable and compassionate. Cqc report identifies this is a great work place. Shame about negative review previously clearly from disgruntled ex employee. Would highly recommend
Pros
Team work flexibility strong leadership
Cons
For me Riverside wasn’t the best place I just didn’t like washing up
Washing p (Former Employee) –  Cheddar, Somerset8 February 2018
I just didn’t like the riverside I just felt like it wasn’t the job for me cause I just didn’t enjoy washing up at all, I know I’m can do much more work than washing up
Riverside
Scheme Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 January 2018
Watch out for which contract you get the is several about some better than others
watch out for constant restructuring which seem to start as soon as one stops
Ok
Gardener/Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Barnsley13 September 2017
Good company for what it is. Not sure why I need to write a review on every company I have worked for but yeah not a bad place to work to be honest cghtj
Good work ethos
Scheme Manager (Former Employee) –  Sefton4 September 2017
Good team and good management. Having to interview people again to keep their jobs was pretty poor, due to this there was staff relationship breakdowns.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
Lower salary after restructure but still doing same job.
Working in a team
Labourer/Groundworker (Former Employee) –  Lower Darwen, Lancashire24 August 2017
It was good because we was on the move alot got to see some new places and get some experience when then led to me starting at training 2000 doing a brick laying course.
Stressful beyond belief
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Merseyside13 May 2017
What can I say about this company, glossy website leads you to believe that firstly they put all of their service users first (simply not true) service users are just a cash revenue to this company and management of staff is beyond poor! Thrown in at the deep end with little support or training and expected to split yourself in two daily, avoid this company at all costs!
Pros
Absolutely none!
Cons
Poor management, limited training, and long hours.
Ever changing roles
Scheme Manager/retirement living co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool29 March 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is housing people who need a home.
the hardest part of the job is dealing with people who live in the accomodation and want to rule the other tenants.
The new changes have broken the confidence of the tentants in the company Management.
there is no typical day as you visit one place and may have to dash to another for an unforseen crisis then return to the orriginal place to carry out what ever duties you had scheduled.
Pros
Monday -Friday
Cons
with all the changes still several T&C 's