River Island Employee Reviews

fun experience.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 September 2018
Meeting the customers who walk through the door and helping them in every way we can is of course our first priority. This means finding the perfect outfit for them, or even custom ordering whatever meets their needs. Also keeping track of stock, ordering new stock, accounting, setting up a marketing campaign for our regular promotions or special deals, … is part of our daily work day.
Great Fun
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  White City, Greater London4 September 2018
Lots of Laughs and jokes thank you for your time and i thank the whole river island company for having me, i any one to this business, great company.
Pros
free cloths
productive day
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 August 2018
I enjoy meeting new people ,helping out with the customers what they may need help with. also cashing up at the end of the day. Helping out other members of the team , making sure stock is out on shop floor to a high standard.
good
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
gained working Experian in retail, privately owned business with well organised development opportunities, someone who enjoys clothing and fashion can climb hirer in organisation.
Good
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool22 August 2018
The pay was good and the staff very friendly and helpful, always gave me plentiful hours and helped me whenever I needed it. Easily accessible by bus, train, or car.
good
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent21 August 2018
good job, nice people, good timing, the staff work cooperatively as a team and it mskes it a nicer environment to work in when everyone gets along well.
Great job whilst in education
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wigan20 August 2018
Great job over the years for people in education. During my time there the pay always promises to be more than the minimum and you get great discount. The team are great to work for, depending on your attitude to work this is a great place and family to be a part of.
Pros
discount, team work
Nice place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 August 2018
Worked here 3 years and enjoyed it immensely. Made a lot of new friends and the managers were relaxed and laid back. Was able to get extra hours if needed.
Pros
40% discount and free clothes every 3 month
Not too bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran16 August 2018
It was a long time ago but it was OK. Only a temp job and plenty of hours then. Didn't get kept on but it was no big deal. Managed fairly well but they could have been nicer.
Its in Hanger lane!
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  head office13 August 2018
If you like Hanger Lane, interested in cheap fashion and you live in the suburbs of west london then this is the job for you - otherwise you have hours of travel on the Central Line.

Young teams - very old family management, a strange combination. You either love it or hate it and they either love you or you are out!

Its like big brother meets love island everyday... with a bit of Ozzy Osbourne thrown in every now and then.
Pros
young inexperienced energetic teams running around
Cons
very old management - been there too long - stuck in their ways
Good job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire11 August 2018
Only worked here as a christmas temp but it is a fast paced environment, and you are worked hard. But it is a great place to work for anyone interested in fashion
Awful
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham9 August 2018
Worst place to work to ever! They want everything out of you for nothing. Managers are awful and i’d reccommend anyone to stay away from the horrid place
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London9 August 2018
Managers are unpleasant and mean, pay is embarrassing minimum wage has gone up and they pay under 18s £4 something and 18 and over £6.50. A typical day in river island is boring you do replenishment, stand around keep a look out in the fitting rooms and if you're needed on tills then you go on tills but it's a slow working environment.
Pros
Uniform allowence of £60
productive
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool8 August 2018
I really enjoyed working here it was fun and everyday I had a challenge that helped me improve. The staffs and management are really nice and if I could I would go back and work there again.
Part-Time Job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North East4 August 2018
I have worked at River Island, part-time for almost 4 years whilst completing my A-levels and degree at university. It's a great job to have as I am only contracted 8 hours per week which was fine when I had a lot of studying/exams to do but can also request extra shifts when I was not as busy (in the holidays).
Brilliant place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire31 July 2018
A welcoming environment and a great place to work. Great training is given and a variety of future opportunities offered. I learnt a lot at River Island due to the patience of the management team. Really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Welcoming management team
Cons
n/a
ok job.
River Island Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands30 July 2018
Ok job, management can be temperamental and often can be spoken down to. workplace culture was very friendly and all staff were nice to work with. overall ok
Fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Circus Station29 July 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help other people. A typical day at work is serving customers and helping them out when needed. The managers are very helpful and nice.
Fun Workplace
Sales Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Grimsby25 July 2018
On a typical day at work (i.e a Saturday) I will have a team briefing with one of the managers giving us our targets to meet for that day. I will then be told where in the shop I will be working on today, for example, the cash desk or on the fitting rooms. We, as a team always keep in mind the customer experience from the moment they enter the shop to the moment they leave and this is plays an important part to gaining customer loyalty.
The management are great, they are open to help you with any queries or concerns you may have.
Pros
Discount on shop items.
productive and fun place to work
sales advisor christmas temp (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 July 2018
Fun interview process, kind employees and managers. I didn't get a break as my shift was only 4 hrs and a half so its understandable. Enjoyed working and would recommend others to apply for any positions they have available at the moment.
Pros
60% staff discount
Cons
none really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Island. Our community is ready to answer.