River Island Employee Review

View all River Island reviews

fun challenging
Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 December 2017
The company have come a long way since i joined, and it is only for the better. Its a challenging environment but in a way that will get you out of bed each day, not make you want to stay in it.
There is plenty of room for progression within the ranks of River Island.
Pros
staff incentives
Cons
can be long hours

Other River Island Employee Reviews

A good stepping stone
Sales Manager UK (Current Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London9 December 2018
While I have enjoyed my time at River it isn't a company I see myself with long term. It could be the store I have worked in but there are still some areas the company as a whole needs to work on.

Plans change last minute with minimal communication. Communication isn't always clear. Customer service don't back stores choices and seem to lack understanding of store policies. IT support are slow and unsupportive,

I have also found where there have been massive hour and task reductions to focus on people or management with people skills have been seen as less of a priority. Being hired as a manager with people skills has meant I have been left feeling excluded and not part of the team as other management are product skill based.

Holidays have to be all booked in normally in january for the whole year but recently we had to book all of them in for November. There is then very little ability to change. You essentially have to plan your whole life a year in advance.

although career development is welcomed and can be thoroughly supported, I have found if you are not on very good terms with senior management your requests will very rarely be looked at.

The team and a number of the people are brilliant and really make the job easier. There is a sense of everyone supports each other.
Pros
team members
Cons
management
Customer relation and upselling based
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 December 2018
Have a great team I work closely with and personal understandings of products with our walk-ins and locals. I enjoy scanning in parcels, multi tasking on tills and great communication over team radios.
Pros
Great management and team work, 40% off
Cons
Part time only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Island. Our community is ready to answer.