River Island Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 213 reviews matching the search See all 1,262 reviews
fun and enjoyable workplace
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire16 October 2018
Working at River Island was a very enjoyable and fun environment to work in, with good management and good staff to work alongside. My hours were very flexible for me and they are a very understanding place to work.
Pros
discount, new friends
good place to work
shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2018
loved working here when I was younger but it didn't suit my family life. I needed flexible hours which they couldn't provide. work was very repetitive also
Pros
staff discount!
Cons
Good job depending on the management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 October 2018
As a company, River island provides good contracted hours, a stress free environment and a fair pay. However, if you need time off its next to impossible unless you have booked it nearly a year in advance. Most mangers I have worked with have been miserable and created a negative environment.
productive
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2018
I was a Christmas temp so I was only there for a short period of time. I cant describe it that much but overall I will say it was a very nice place to work in.
Amazing discount
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
Amazing discount and benefits, work life balance perfect. 39 hours per week after breaks and lunch therefore works out to be 45 hours. progression not so good.
Fun and productive workplace
Part-time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen City24 September 2018
It's a good place to work at. There is always something to do on most days and I manage to get along with everyone. Another amazing thing is the free uniform and the staff discount.
Pros
Free uniform and staff discount
Cons
not a lot of extra hours
Lack of progression
Sales Assistant (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London12 September 2018
Not many opportunities to take up in that particular branch. Christmas hours were awful and unfair. Pay average. Not much flexibility offered. Good uniform allowance.
Pros
Uniform allowance.
Good
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool22 August 2018
The pay was good and the staff very friendly and helpful, always gave me plentiful hours and helped me whenever I needed it. Easily accessible by bus, train, or car.
Great job whilst in education
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wigan20 August 2018
Great job over the years for people in education. During my time there the pay always promises to be more than the minimum and you get great discount. The team are great to work for, depending on your attitude to work this is a great place and family to be a part of.
Pros
discount, team work
Nice place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 August 2018
Worked here 3 years and enjoyed it immensely. Made a lot of new friends and the managers were relaxed and laid back. Was able to get extra hours if needed.
Pros
40% discount and free clothes every 3 month
Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London9 August 2018
Managers are unpleasant and mean, pay is embarrassing minimum wage has gone up and they pay under 18s £4 something and 18 and over £6.50. A typical day in river island is boring you do replenishment, stand around keep a look out in the fitting rooms and if you're needed on tills then you go on tills but it's a slow working environment.
Pros
Uniform allowence of £60
Nice, friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire23 July 2018
River Island is a great place to work with many benefits, it has nice, friendly staff/management who take care of you very well. The work hours are good as its a contracted set days/hours job.
not great
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford16 July 2018
not a great environment to work with.

staff disocunt is 40% but it is limited. So the discount can be used up very quickly. Managers have to authorise discount so this can be complicated if you just want to buy something you like and go.

Poorly paid
Good Company
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire9 July 2018
Good company to work for, great benefits and lovely team which help you as much as they can. I have learned many new skills during my time with the company.
It was ok
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London23 June 2018
Discount nice people like the customers busy was fun got to meet new people who I work with. They were all nice .just need better hours and need something new
Pros
Discount
Cons
Non really long hours
Poor
Sales Assistant (XMAS TEMP) (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade18 June 2018
Would never work there again, horrible managers and no understanding at all.Bad management and team work, bad salary and no benefits apart from a small amount to use on clothes
Fun to work in
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne7 June 2018
This was a temp job as i was studying at college at the time so i was only a weekend worker.
Great place to work and a good staff moral.
Gained alot of experience from here.
Hard Work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire6 June 2018
A typical day at work would be working hard and long hours and getting stupid orders from inexperienced managers. The wage did not sometimes reflect the work, especially if your job was to work on delivery for six hours in the middle of summer with no fan to stay cool.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Low limit on the discount
good if you don't really care
Senior Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge4 June 2018
not an awful place too work but very shallow environment. would suit someone more into fashion that I am. fairly decent hours for retail. fun in the stockroom
Pros
generous discount and uniform scheme
Cons
very low pay
The Workplace feels like a family
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset22 May 2018
All employees have a close bond and it is a lovely family to be a part of. Everyone treats each other with respect, which is very nice in the work place. There are times when it can be hard to get along with everyone but this is rare in River Island. Salary is average and decent, however i feel there is not a large amount of room to advance in personal improvement within retail.
Pros
Family-like employees
Cons
Retail can be boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Island. Our community is ready to answer.