River Island Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Depends
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London24 December 2017
It can be terribly boring and uncomfortable, or fun and lively, depending on the people who are present and the current weather. Windows never opened.
Cons
Lack of oxygen; extreme temperatures in certain parts of warehouse.
Hard working
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire17 October 2017
You must work hard and the policy is not suitable for everyone. I try to manage my day life with my working life but it very hard to change what i want with what i need
Not an enjoyable job
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire30 September 2017
I like the job but it’s not worth the money and effort I put in it. I don’t get enough time off and I feel like I work all week. The hours are rubbish and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there unless they don’t want a career
Pros
50% discount
fun environment
Stock Room & Warehouse Assistant/ Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swansea24 August 2017
really nice, environment. chilled and no ones ever angry everyone seems to enjoy working there. really nice staff and plenty of benefits thoroughly enjoying my time here.
Pros
discount
Cons
the heat
working at river
Warehouse Operative-Picking (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 August 2017
Working at the warehouse is not an easy job. It can be difficult sometimes, you need a lot of physical strength. But if you do good then the pay is pretty good. If you are through an agency then the biggest issue is that you will not know in advance when you will have a day off. Overall it is not that bad but not as good either.
I was only in river island for a few days and didn't really enjoy it.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Belfast18 June 2017
I was helping out a friend because they needed staff, it was only over the Christmas period. I was working in the warehouse getting the clothes and packing them for stores.
Hard work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire25 January 2017
I want to change someting in my live and i want a new challenge in my live.Is a hard work place because you have to pick after the target
Pros
50% reduced for all staff from warehouse when you shopping in store
fun, hard-working workplace
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath21 January 2017
early morning shifts, can be hectic with a lot of boxes to unpack, but with a good team to work with it goes fairly quick. can be hard when there's a lot of boxes and one member gets taking away to do something different and we end up fallen behind.
not fun
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol18 January 2017
bad managers ungreateful staff not polite. they never appricated how much work i put in to get nothing but hate back and kept getting it.
Cons
sometimes hard, but good workplace
Warehouse Operative-Picking (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes17 September 2016
I started working here last year, and I did like it. Now I feel like I want to change. I want to try something new. I know I can do better than in a warehouse.
Productive workplace
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes19 July 2016
Good supervision, friendly and helpful staff, tasks are logical and possible. Most of the time things go really smoothly. Hardest part was during the summer sale.
Pros
Fresh food to buy in canteen
Ideal for part time and student workers.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow23 May 2016
Hours can be flexible, co workers are friendly and approachable including the mangers. Staff discount and work clothes allowance is good. A typical day included fast paced work sorting incoming deliveries and would slow down later in the day is it gets stocked and sent to the store. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people your own age while there is no difficult.
Pros
good instore discount
Cons
Early starts
consistant
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes21 April 2016
A compact day lots to keep you busy,friendly people and very helpful, There is a high standard to keep but very rewarding.
Pros
Happy workers
Cons
weekend work
Amazing work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG21 January 2016
River Island in Milton Keynes was a wonderful place to work at easy to get use to,the staff are respectful and approachable,never disrespectful,always support when you need it no matter what you are doing.

Main jobs that i did involved;

- Packing.

Packing involves- De-hanging which is where you take hangers of clothing and put them neatly into a trolley to be taken to induct area and located by locators which i also did while working with River Island.

I enjoyed Locating the most as your scanning a bar code and putting the item in the locating area (specific area).

Overall i believe that River Island Warehouse is one of the best jobs out there to date,if you have travel or live in Milton Keynes near Magma Park try and apply for the job.

Shift patterns are good too no matter what time you want,Morning or evening shift.
Good.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG19 January 2016
Nice working environment, friendly colleagues and security team. Good management staff. Flexible working with good timing breaks.
Pros
Friendly.
Cons
None.
A good place
warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG13 January 2016
A good place to work. . great team and willing to support in any situation. I have been offered great training in Picking.
Long time ago
Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre19 October 2015
Can't remember much, was only a temporary Christmas contract years ago, don't remember hating it. Seem to remember liking the staff.
Cons
Temporary contract
work at work
Warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG11 September 2015
you have to be capable to do everything no matter you able or not, moreover co-workers dont respect what you do and how are you are working
fun work place
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG31 July 2015
great place to work had a laugh in the stock room had to leave due to new job. but overall would recommend a job there to any 1.
casual work instead of full time
warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG31 July 2015
instead of full time, it is upon call shifts usually around 30 hours per week, wiht shorter and longer shifts vary

employed through agency after 12 weeks you may be transferred to permanent :-), at least 90% prod. rate necessary to stay on job, you better run!

good luck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Island. Our community is ready to answer.

River Island Reviews by Location