River Island Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

good
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent21 August 2018
good job, nice people, good timing, the staff work cooperatively as a team and it mskes it a nicer environment to work in when everyone gets along well.
productive and fun place to work
sales advisor christmas temp (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 July 2018
Fun interview process, kind employees and managers. I didn't get a break as my shift was only 4 hrs and a half so its understandable. Enjoyed working and would recommend others to apply for any positions they have available at the moment.
Pros
60% staff discount
Cons
none really
Horrible
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy7 July 2018
Horrible staff
Terrible pay
Customers were nice
Not the best place for people with some extra weight on them
Hardly any break time
Staff think there better than everyone else
Poor
Sales Assistant (XMAS TEMP) (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade18 June 2018
Would never work there again, horrible managers and no understanding at all.Bad management and team work, bad salary and no benefits apart from a small amount to use on clothes
Everyone is so nice and welcoming and the management is amazing
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London9 May 2018
I was only a Christmas temp while working there and I wish I was still there it was one of the best jobs I’ve ever had and loved any minute, the salary was good and the people you are working with is amazing!
Pros
Amazing staff, good discount off clothes, customers are usually nice
Cons
Productive and a save environment to work in
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead24 February 2018
When working at RiverIsland there was never a when there was nothing productive to do within my shifts. I have learned many retail skills which has benefited me with future jobs. The culture within the work place was well respected. The most hardest part of the job was trying to balance out college work with work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being involved in a team and experiencing a work environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
fun friendly workplace
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield31 January 2018
a fun friendly environment to work in everyone was very nice days were structured and flexible working hours management really nice and understanding good training
river island
sales administrator, Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 January 2018
river island is a fun place to work in and to get to know the staff and people around you different days helping customers and I loved the atmosphere in the place but the downside of the job was when stress becomes a priority especially knowing how to deal with customers its very important to have a calm temper when dealing with every situation and I am good with people are being under pressure ..
Busy, co operative fun workplace
Christmas staff (Former Employee) –  Victoria8 January 2018
Although this was only a Christmas position I held out some hope they would be able to keep me on as a permanent member of staff. Unfortunately as they have their full quota of staff right now this was not the case. I found this job exciting and rewarding as most of the customers were around my age group.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Christmas rush
Good work place
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent2 January 2018
Nice company to work for , busy store looks good at all times good work opportunities there I started as fitting room girl in 2004 and left to have children in 2013 I also went bk as a xmas temp in dec 2017
Pros
Discount
Cons
Communication
Fun work place
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire15 October 2017
Staff were nice but hours took up a lot of my time which made things stressful. Being a new worker, I was told to do a lot of jobs straight away and it became very intense quickly, especialy as it was during sales seasons.
Unpleaseant place to work
Sales Advisor (Christmas temp) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 September 2017
I did not enjoy this job, the managers were very inconsistent and would always give you conflicting information. I was never sure of my hours and it was a very unstable place to work.

There was no teamwork nor chances to advance your career.
work long hours not enjoyable
Christmas temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 September 2017
long hours , pressured to work overtime even when you tell them your a student. benefit of work uniform and discount however if your new they seemed annoyed that you bothered asking
Fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs6 September 2017
They are fun to work for and with, have lots of care and compassion for its staff and customers. its a fast paced environment where you meet new people and faces everyday
Nice place to work
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station, Greater London31 May 2017
everyday I had to greet customers, deal with their enquiries, make sure my section was organised. At the changing rooms I had to make sue only one person would go, hanging clothes and staying in the stock room.
Pros
one hour break paid
Cons
long hours and only one shift a week
Christmas temporary
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road13 May 2017
Time used to go slow and customers didn't use to help either, customer service didn't used to be good due to lack of training by supervisors. Would not recommend to work here if you like to enjoy work.
Fast paced working environment
Christmas Temp - Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  london4 April 2017
Worked over the busy christmas period, we had to learn new skills and techniques and also be very fast at the same time. You need to have a strong passion for clothes no matter what because you will be picking up, sorting, out, folding them quite often. I personally didn't want to see clothing on hangers/rails for a while :)
The team Management team at the store I worked for were absolutly rude. They used to get annoyed every time someone asked a question or did something differently.
Pros
40% discount, free uniform
Cons
poor management, unorganised
Terrible management!
Fashion Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Norwich14 March 2017
I worked here as a Christmas temp and was treated like dirt, I was hidden away in the stock room most of the time and even on my first day I was expected what to do. If I asked my managers what to do they rolled their eyes and reluctantly helped. There was a good uniform allowance and discount although when I tried to use it they said I couldn't.. so I didn't use the perks working here.
Cons
Terrible management
Brilliant Company!
Christmas Sales Temp (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 March 2017
Brilliant company to work for, no complaints what so ever! would love to work for River Islands full time on a permanent job but sadly nothing has appeared yet
Pros
Great staff, great benefits
Cons
no cons
not the best people to work with
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian2 March 2017
I found working at river island hard as all the girls were friends and I felt they didn't want to make friends with the Christmas temps. I enjoyed the job helping customers and being around fashion but i feel I didn't look forward to going in when I always got the feeling they all thought they were better although I know they were obviously better at their job because they had more experience but it was my first job and they didn't make me feel like I was doing it right I think I could have had more support in being taught the ropes better.
Pros
good uniform allowance and 40% off
Cons
majority of the time just standing or feeling uncomfortable around other employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Island. Our community is ready to answer.