River Island Employee Reviews in Milton Keynes

i work for PMP recruitment
packing (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire28 February 2018
the last months work is very low 2 days a week so I look a foul time job to work 5 - 6 days a week I am very hard worker and very
responsible I can work day ore night
Down to the point
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 January 2018
Normal working day is same job for the shift, picked up basic skills which I can take into everyday life, management can be unreasonable, not much interaction between workers, shifts do become stretched compared to other jobs.
depressing and degrading
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes1 January 2018
would not recommend anyone to work there. you are simply treated as a slave, you don't get recognized for any of the things you do, but to just get dissed and told of in front of your co workers, you get threatened that you will lose your job.
Pros
Cons
mangers are rude, you get paid so little for how much work you have to do, which is a LOT, mangers talk about each other and their staff in a bad light, freedom is extremely limited, lack of respect to the temps (they get treated like they are irrelevant!
Hard working
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire17 October 2017
You must work hard and the policy is not suitable for everyone. I try to manage my day life with my working life but it very hard to change what i want with what i need
Not an enjoyable job
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire30 September 2017
I like the job but it’s not worth the money and effort I put in it. I don’t get enough time off and I feel like I work all week. The hours are rubbish and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there unless they don’t want a career
Pros
50% discount
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire24 September 2017
The working environment was very productive. The management within the business is at a very good state, employees within the business are aware of what to accomplish during a specific time period
Pros
good working environment
Cons
high expectations
working at river
Warehouse Operative-Picking (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 August 2017
Working at the warehouse is not an easy job. It can be difficult sometimes, you need a lot of physical strength. But if you do good then the pay is pretty good. If you are through an agency then the biggest issue is that you will not know in advance when you will have a day off. Overall it is not that bad but not as good either.
Amazing
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes26 July 2017
Best place I have ever worked. I only left due to husband job being relocated. Management were amazing all ways available for discussions and ready to offer advise on any problems
Productive and had fun
It was enthusiastic (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire28 May 2017
Always kept motivated.The work done was always before time.Staff is really great.I enjoyed working.I learnt to locate and pack the stuff of customer's orders.The canteen was good and clean.
Pros
Always kept motivated
Nottingham
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, UK9 May 2017
Everything was alright at first then it just went downhill, management started becoming lazy, getting the weekend staff to do jobs that are supposed to be done in the week, not getting deliveries ready to be put out on the shop floor in time and alot more i could list.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything apart from the discount
Good part time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire10 April 2017
As a part time, starter job this was good however the pay wasn't that good. They didn't mix up your job roles that often so the work can get quite monotonous.
productive
Picker/Packer/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire28 February 2017
very good environment , the people are very nice but when is winter is very cold inside they are very strict when you want to take a break if you come late they paid you less money in your account .
Pros
cheap lunch
workplace
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 February 2017
i enjoyed working here as i have an interest in fashion and have been a customer of river island prior to my employment. I liked the team and working with customers.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
standing for long periods of time
Hard work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire25 January 2017
I want to change someting in my live and i want a new challenge in my live.Is a hard work place because you have to pick after the target
Pros
50% reduced for all staff from warehouse when you shopping in store
Productive and fun place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 January 2017
Good place to work, nice environment and nice people. It's a company where you can learn and group. There is courses to teach you how to deal with the employers. In one world , all its ok at River Island
sometimes hard, but good workplace
Warehouse Operative-Picking (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes17 September 2016
I started working here last year, and I did like it. Now I feel like I want to change. I want to try something new. I know I can do better than in a warehouse.
It was fun and challenging at the same time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes7 September 2016
Working and river island was challenging due to the fact that i worked during a holiday period therefore the shop was alway busy and attending to multiple customers at the same time thought me a lot especially how to be patient and how to make sure that the customer was always happy and satisfied.
Great team work
Night Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 August 2016
Everyone helped out each other and it didn't matter what position you held within the Night Replenishment team.
Great working conditions.
Pros
Good pay and pension
Productive workplace
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes19 July 2016
Good supervision, friendly and helpful staff, tasks are logical and possible. Most of the time things go really smoothly. Hardest part was during the summer sale.
Pros
Fresh food to buy in canteen
Fun workplace with opportunitites
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes22 May 2016
Work at River Island within my role consists of till work, serving customers on tills and shop floor, organising and tidying stocks and also accounting for delivery of an evening
Pros
Uniform allowance
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Island. Our community is ready to answer.