River Island Employee Reviews in Liverpool

productive
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool8 August 2018
I really enjoyed working here it was fun and everyday I had a challenge that helped me improve. The staffs and management are really nice and if I could I would go back and work there again.
Lovely place of work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 May 2018
Lovely place to work worked there for three years and was given many opportunities to enhance my skills and knowledge in retail. Lovely people to work with.
river island
sales administrator, Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 January 2018
river island is a fun place to work in and to get to know the staff and people around you different days helping customers and I loved the atmosphere in the place but the downside of the job was when stress becomes a priority especially knowing how to deal with customers its very important to have a calm temper when dealing with every situation and I am good with people are being under pressure ..
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool26 November 2017
early and late shifts, must be able to work on weekends, very sociable. lovely people, must have communication skills and a good work ethic hitting targets.
bad management but some good perks
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  liverpool27 September 2017
Enjoyed working with customers but not with management. they are not keen on developing people in their role. nice perks - free clothes every 4 months.
Best first experience
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside28 June 2017
Sales assistant in River Island was my first job experience in England. After a training day with the team, they put you straight away to serve customers or at the tills.

The team was amazing.
Good for a part-time job whilst your in education
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 June 2017
I have worked there for 4 years and it has been a good job whilst I have been in sixth form and university. However, now I have finished university and want more hours they have not done well to support me and other colleauges with this change.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 May 2017
- Nicely paced, exciting especially around Christmas.
-Good benefits and discount.
-Management team is nice and easy to talk to.
-Good brand and ethics.
work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, UK7 March 2017
Skill gained were working in a fast paced environment, dealing with customer enquiries and complaints, maintain the shop floor. Skills gained were time keeping; self management, working under pressure and customer service
Productive and fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 March 2017
A typical day at work is never really the same, this is why I enjoy my job. I have learned a lot in my job role and have been able to develop many personal skills.
Pros
Discount
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool14 February 2017
Company based on pure productivity. Great people employed here, would be better if company shown more appreciation towards the hardworking people they employ.
good student job
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 January 2017
good for a student who needs a part time job the hours are good and will work round you classes and the money is good there and the people who work there are friendly.
Pros
good money and good people to work with
Cons
have to work boxing day sales
Awful to work for
Sales Assistant Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 January 2017
I worked here as a Christmas temp, they made me feel very unwelcome and didn't give me a chance to do much in the store. I had a personal reason for leaving and none of them where interested to find out more they basically put the phone down
Pros
Cons
Everything about business
Productive and fun place to work
Team member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool3 January 2017
It was a fun and productive place to work and the work and life balance was ideal. I had a set contract so i always knew what days and what hours i would work because they were always the same and i liked it that way because it met i could easily make plans around work hours without a problem.
Develop all rounded members of management.
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool22 June 2016
Great opportunities to progress if you show commitment and enthusiasm.
Work life balance can be hard to maintain as often business instruction can be last minute.
fun workplace
Role Christmas part time sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool21 April 2016
great environment and friendly people, managers are approachable. hours are good and overtime is always available. long breaks and relaxed atmosphere
Loved every second of working for the company
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool11 January 2016
I loved my managers and the people i worked with, enjoyed working for the company. learnt a lot from the company. best retail store i've worked for.
Boring
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG19 October 2015
Walking around the shop making sure everything looks tidy. Learned how to communicate with customers. Management is very good.
Pros
Dont do much work
Cons
Can be boring standing around all day
I loved working at river island
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG14 September 2015
I learnt so much in the 10 months that i worked for the company. lovely environment and amazing managers and lovely co-workers made so many friends through the company. Sad to be leaving. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
nice managers
fun workplace
sales advisor operations (Former Employee) –  Liverpool4 August 2015
I worked in operations so as soon as I arrived I was pretty much working as I had to keep on time with the schedule. Whatever was being purchased on the shopfloor I had to send down so the shopfloor didnt look empty. It could sometimes be stressful if you couldnt find items as you had around 13 minutes to do every sheet of replenishment. Both staff and co-workers were both very nice
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours/always on your feet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Island. Our community is ready to answer.