River Island Employee Reviews in Glasgow

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 1,282 reviews
Fun place to work and productive
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 September 2018
It was a great atmosphere to work in. Everyone supported each other, was always happy to go into work as everyday was a good day working in fashion always is a fun job to be in.
Overall was enjoyable, good atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow5 February 2018
I worked 4 hour shifts which usually consisted of me working fitting rooms and keeping the shop floor clean. My skills of working with the public were greatly enhanced
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 August 2017
I really enjoyed working there, not a lot of room for personal development though. My managers were nice and if you are confident with delivering customer service then this is a good role
Good place to work.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow11 August 2017
It's a good place to work, you know where you stand and the managers treat you well. it's good to keep busy in that place and the managers keep you busy.
Pros
Free clothes when you first start.
Cons
You get asked to stay on longer.
Fun place to work.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow19 July 2017
This job involved working on the shop floor and helping customers with any queries they may have. It also involved making sure that the online orders that were delivered to the shop were scanned in and given to the right customer when they arrived to collect their order.
Pros
Good pay and hours.
Cons
Could be stressful at times if the shop was busy.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow22 June 2017
busy, kept going and lovely staff members. i worked here at christmas so it was really busy. i worked on the tills, the changing rooms and also sometimes the stock room
Pros
good discount
Ok job for someone in college or uni looking for part time work
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Glasgow18 April 2017
The staff are probably the best part of working with River Island, the company itself is overshadowed by it's employees. The company lost many good staff members from my time working at river island due to river island not recognising them and offering those employees opportunity's and rewarding them with simple things like a ladder to better themselves in the company. it's not a job you would want to stay in longer than a year or two while at college or university.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Not alot of hours
Brilliant Company!
Christmas Sales Temp (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 March 2017
Brilliant company to work for, no complaints what so ever! would love to work for River Islands full time on a permanent job but sadly nothing has appeared yet
Pros
Great staff, great benefits
Cons
no cons
Rude staff member, good discounts.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow Fort19 January 2017
I was overworked and wasn't given my two 15 minute breaks/ my 30 minute break numerous times. One of the team members constantly bullied me and made me feel uncomfortable, I would try to help her and she would shout at me or ignore me, she would always make me feel out of place and would always bump into me and not say sorry. The manager was very good friends with her and would put up with it. The manager was lovely to me but her friend was rude to me while she just watched. The other staff were lovely and welcoming, not enough staff discipline. Good discounts
Pros
Discount, experience
Cons
Long hours, rude staff, inconsistent breaks
Good Enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow5 January 2017
River island was a great company to work for. I have learnt so much about the Retail enviroment and what Great customer service is. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting great customer feedback on myself.
Pros
Great discount

Want to know more about River Island?

Ask a question
Enjoyed Helping customers
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow16 December 2016
Worked at fitting rooms, tills, on the main floor (Mens and Womens Section. Organised clothing by size and style. Learnt about working with others and the difference between Good and Excellent Customer Service. Co-Workers were very friendly and helpful when stuck. Hardest part about this job was working with others in team and difficult customers. Enjoyed helping customers find what they were looking for and putting a smile on other peoples faces.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Poor Breaks, Poor Management (Treated Unfairly)
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow6 September 2016
Each day working at River Island was different as each day there was a new challenge. However you just have to be confident and deal with what happens.
Pros
good discount and uniform salary
Cons
long hours and multiple shift throughout christmas period
Great sales staff and good benefits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 August 2016
Mainly I am a cashier although we tend to share the work load and help out different departments when needed. I have gained many skills during my time with the company and have been given a level of trust from the management. I am able to override and authorise for other employees on the till. I work with an amazing team that work together when need be during busy times (i.e. sales, christmas and student events.) Its a fast paced, busy store where we always have to be on the ball to keep things running smoothly which can be tiring, the team member I work alongside and the customers make work enjoyable and different on a day to day basis.
Pros
Staff discount
Ideal for part time and student workers.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow23 May 2016
Hours can be flexible, co workers are friendly and approachable including the mangers. Staff discount and work clothes allowance is good. A typical day included fast paced work sorting incoming deliveries and would slow down later in the day is it gets stocked and sent to the store. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people your own age while there is no difficult.
Pros
good instore discount
Cons
Early starts
Wouldn't go back.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow6 March 2016
Always over staffed so not much word to do. Despite notification of days that I couldn't work due to exams I was still put in for shifts then told that I had to find cover.
Pros
Free Clothes
Cons
bad management
learning and vibrant
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Glasgow17 February 2016
it was a positive work experience that taught to work at a fast pace and with a high efficiency. It taught me how to multi task and sell dealing with more than one customer at a time, all how to prioritise my work through out the day
Brilliant and friendly enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT11 May 2015
Lovely place to work , team members are lovely and friendly. I was kept very busy as it was the holiday season this meant that my days went in very quickly and I did not feel like I was working for a very long time.
not as expected
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  glasgow5 May 2015
overall did not enjoy working there - expected a fun environment, over 15 managers and not one knew my name with me working there 1 month - poor experience
Cons
only weekend work - very unsociable / no breaks - bad management
happy, fun, productive
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT6 October 2014
I enjoyed my time there, depending on the day it could be very productive and other times if may be a bit slower. The team all enjoyed their job which is always a better environment to be in while working. I left this job to seek bigger opportunities as I felt like I was able to move up to anything higher than a store assistant and I wanted to push myself harder.
Pros
30% off clothes
Cons
no progression, repetitive
good place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT3 September 2014
As this was my first real job, i thought it was fantastic,staff were great & i never felt that i was being under put in at the deep end 2 quickly, great place to work
Pros
Good Discounts
Cons
The Money Wasn't Great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Island. Our community is ready to answer.