River Island Employee Reviews

Found 1,144 reviews matching the search See all 1,260 reviews
fun and enjoyable workplace
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire16 October 2018
Working at River Island was a very enjoyable and fun environment to work in, with good management and good staff to work alongside. My hours were very flexible for me and they are a very understanding place to work.
Pros
discount, new friends
amazing enviroment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire16 October 2018
Learn lots about fashion industry a good environment.
learn about customer service as the company pride themselves on good customer service
an overall enjoyable place to work
good company
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham15 October 2018
worked years ago. review irrelevant
no need to answer
stop asking for answers. it was almost 10 years ago and companies change over the years. very silly
Shame it ended to be honest...
Sales Assistant (Temp contract) (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 October 2018
My time working for river island was very enjoyable. I didn't spend a minute feeling unwelcome and it felt like a giant family a lot of the time. The management team do not get enough credit, as they are some of the friendliest and most welcoming people I have met. This place taught me a lot of personal skills and how to handle certain situations in retail. Its just a shame my contract was only temporary and they ended it to hire new staff...
A great place to work
IT Infrastructure Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London12 October 2018
A great place to work. Fun, vibrant and forward looking both in terms of technology and in terms of business model. Fun and engaging company culture with a 'can do' attitude.
Pros
Fabulous Office Space
Cons
Park Royal can be difficult to get to if traffic is bad
amazing organization
Head cashier (Former Employee) –  romfrod11 October 2018
great company to work for, if you work hard within the company there are chances for progression, overall the staff members are lovely and nice to also work with
good place to work
shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2018
loved working here when I was younger but it didn't suit my family life. I needed flexible hours which they couldn't provide. work was very repetitive also
Pros
staff discount!
Cons
Good working environment but poor management
I work Part Time (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex2 October 2018
The work In itself was rather enjoyable and not too bad however the management was very poor and hostility was involved in the workplace from managerial people.
Good job depending on the management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 October 2018
As a company, River island provides good contracted hours, a stress free environment and a fair pay. However, if you need time off its next to impossible unless you have booked it nearly a year in advance. Most mangers I have worked with have been miserable and created a negative environment.
productive
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2018
I was a Christmas temp so I was only there for a short period of time. I cant describe it that much but overall I will say it was a very nice place to work in.
Amazing discount
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
Amazing discount and benefits, work life balance perfect. 39 hours per week after breaks and lunch therefore works out to be 45 hours. progression not so good.
Its a very good job as I have to meet deadlines so i push myself
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
A typical day at work will be 4 hour shifts with no breaks but it is me just pushing myself to helping every customer,maintaining the shop floor and serving. I have learned how to use a till correctly,approach customers,maintain the floor efficiently,how to locate items in the stockroom,address male and female customers and several more things. Management in the store is very good as they build a relationship with you opposed to just telling you to do things.The culture of the workplace is very family like even though is people from different backgrounds. Its very paternalistic.The hardest part of the job is maintaining the floor as customers are very reckless in most areas of the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that i get to socialise with many people.
Pros
There is a discount and i have people my age.
Cons
At times it can get boring
Fun engaging
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire26 September 2018
An average day at work consists of putting customers first and always engaging with the customers and your peers. Alongside helping customers, we also have to work together as a team to help each other
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours for students
enjoyable workplace
Customer Assistant Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Darlington24 September 2018
River Island was my first part time job where i got to learn many important skills that were needed when working in retail. i found working in river island very helpful. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people around helping them find what they need.
Fun and productive workplace
Part-time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen City24 September 2018
It's a good place to work at. There is always something to do on most days and I manage to get along with everyone. Another amazing thing is the free uniform and the staff discount.
Pros
Free uniform and staff discount
Cons
not a lot of extra hours
Fun place to work nice people
Sales associate/Women's Product Manager (Former Employee) –  London20 September 2018
Fun place to work while I was at Uni, the discount is good 50% if i remember correctly and we got free uniform! typical day is pretty much the same every day, just putting stock out keeping the shop floor tidy and standards good. My management team were amazing they were super flexible and I was able to transfer store when I needed to.
Fun place to work and productive
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 September 2018
It was a great atmosphere to work in. Everyone supported each other, was always happy to go into work as everyday was a good day working in fashion always is a fun job to be in.
Fun
Derbyshire (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire15 September 2018
This was my first job thatbi started at and was seen as a very good stepping stone to start of and gain experience within retail therapy. The staff and management were suttin and very friendly
Pros
Management help
Cons
N/a
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 September 2018
I enjoyed working for river island. All my needs were met and any issue were dealt with accordingly. All the staff were really nice and the ma segment team were fantastic as well.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Holidays weren’t always fair
Lack of progression
Sales Assistant (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London12 September 2018
Not many opportunities to take up in that particular branch. Christmas hours were awful and unfair. Pay average. Not much flexibility offered. Good uniform allowance.
Pros
Uniform allowance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Island. Our community is ready to answer.