Ringtons Tea Employee Reviews

Stay away
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester13 November 2019
By far the very worst company you could ever work for!
Your hours of work are 9:30am - 5:30pm
However you are fully expected to be at work for 7am without pay!!! And if your home before 6pm you will be sacked without fail.
Theres no training,you will get someone else's uniform and the mangers will just bully you regardless of how hard you work
Anything else is Better !!!
Van Salesman (Former Employee) –  Diss8 November 2019
Can't keep staff, poor pay, vans tracked and you're watched over. No progression and the whole setup is poor. A Northern company trying to sell its Northern Tea and Coffee down South. Find somewhere else.
Do not work for them
Ok (Current Employee) –  Leicestershire24 September 2019
MY son has worked for them over the last 3 months really hard has achieved Targets but they have got rid of him rather than give him a permanent contract due to him not working after 6pm. Disgusting he has a young family and given everything to this company
Canvasser
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Market Rasen, Lincolnshire20 September 2019
Great company to work for . Really supportive management.. No weekend work . The great outdoors seeing new areas . . Warm clothing provided for winter . Free tea . The company has great credibility so easy to sell their products. Great team work always fun in the office . Highly recommended.
God help you if your off!
Van Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham27 July 2019
****AVOID ****
Never had training like it absolutely diobolical.
Tell you that you will work 8.30am till 5.30pm
You will actually need to be there for 7am and get home around 7pm
You'll wait 6 weeks+ for a uniform in the meantime where somebody else's with there name on.
Awful place to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Co Durham8 April 2019
Id avoid this place. Manager tells you what you like to hear in the interview, then when you get a van its completely different. Tried to bully you in front of ALL the staff. Saying you should be like staff who have been working there for 30 odd years. You cant disagree with them as they don't like to be undermined. The customers are great and you can have a laugh with them. Its just the management that let it down.
Pros
Free tea bags
Cons
Bullys
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne28 January 2019
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire14 November 2018
Very productive
Packing Operative (Former Employee) –  Longbenton13 September 2018
Very good company to work for some very nice people to work with. Lots of training giving to those who wish to have it a real easy job to do and many lots of different things to do
Pros
Very nice staff
Cons
Very strict managment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Market Rasen, Lincolnshire8 September 2018
busy
Van sales person (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire10 April 2018
The company expected you to constantly work over time for free, they would constantly put extra calls on your shift, although you could take your lunch break whenever you like
Pros
meet new people
productive work place
Line production (Former Employee) –  longbenton20 February 2018
tI was working through an agency when I was employed at ringtons overall ok job to do. easy going needed to have basic common sence made friends with everyone there and still keep in touch.
Cons
different shifts
Great working place
Assistant Manger (Current Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk26 October 2017
The work place in diss is great, the working days are fantastic for everybody. No weekend work and bank holidays off is superb. The downside is that the days can be long.
Pros
No working weekends
Cons
Days can be long
Fast paced
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Bedlington9 October 2017
Good company with great values as its been going since 1907, what a great idea and really nice to see them still going around.
Pay not so good and hard to progress anywhere in the company
great place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear6 March 2017
basic role feeding components into a machine. use of cardboard baler. friendly work environment. kitchen and facilities for use when on breaks. overall good place to work
Pros
overtime
Cons
agency
fast paced
Tea packer (Current Employee) –  Longbenton newcastle17 February 2017
A typical day is very fast paced and requires a lot of attention, especially attention to detail for ensuring products were packed and boxed correctly. I have learned a lot from working the machines in order to be able to pack tea and also about the paperwork side with making sure it was all filled out correctly. Also learnt about the way tea is blending from being in the blending room for a short period. Overall I got on with management and they were there to oversee what we do and if any doubts always there to double check and give feedback.
The hardest part was probably if a machine would break down as only certain people are trained to fix them but it just meant that I couldn't always get to a happy target of what I needed to do.
Most enjoyed the meeting new people and building friendships as well as being kept busy while on factory floor.
Pros
free tea, good people
Good team
Packer (Former Employee) –  Longbenton18 January 2017
Worked for a few months here. Team are friendly and helpful. Job was very repetitive. Could have stayed longer, but needed much more variety in work.
Pros
Great, friendly staff.
Cons
Very early start, boring work
cold calling
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  hinkly27 January 2015
my co workers were brill giving feed back and help were required.
on a typical day i was given an area to work i would set out my day then go about my role.
for me at times was in the cold weather cold calling from house to house in the rain etc. and the near impossible targets on the fun side meeting various people having a laugh made the job go quicker
Pros
we got free coffee and tea each mounth
Cons
on your feet all day
Brilliant Working place for life
Ringtons' Responsible Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon tyne20 January 2015
This is a 5 weeks placement. My main job is to help Ringtons’ Responsible Sourcing Manager to check the suppliers’ self-assessment questionnaires which were sent to our tea and flavour suppliers last year. I also designed an online self-assessment questionnaire for Ringtons’ suppliers. Otherwise I built up a risk assessment to measure the safety risk for each supplier. I also helped commodities tea buyer test the moisture levels in tea purchased. I spent some time at Ringtons’ factory, learning quality control, particularly around packaging quality.
The colleges are nice and helpful. They will tell you everything they known and help you solve the problem or any considering.
A secure job although staff badly paid
Tea Blender (Former Employee) –  Blending Room9 December 2014
I did various tea blends each day and did various other jobs e.g. loading and unloading wagons, housekeeping, getting and storing various ingredients. Often we did work with no recognition for the work put in by us from the management. The work was not that hard but you needed to know what you were doing properly to do the work. All the workers in the factory are very affable and easy to get on with.
Pros
Free Tea
Cons
No recognition of good work and one department workers treated like children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ringtons Tea. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9