Right at Home UK

Right at Home UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom337 reviews
Great training and induction. Regular clients and not overworked. Well supported by office team. Easy company to work for. Would recommend to people new to care.
Pros
Lots of support and friendly culture
Cons
Harder work than I thought
I felt so low working here, they talk down to you as if you aren’t a person with feelings. They are slave drivers and feel you get paid so why should you be treated as a person
The management are simply bullies, always looking for new workers because they drive the staffs out with bad attitude!

you work with your heart in your hand always scared because you are so maltreated and manipulated into feeling low.

Not nice at all. Glad it’s all over! Couldn’t take it.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Terrible management
Management don't listen, don't care about staff or clients, horrible divisive environment. If you are prepared to shut up & do as you're told regardless of what you're asked to do, never question anything & will tolerate bullying this is the place for you. It's the clients I feel sorry for, wouldn't recommend to anyone
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
I think working here was great.
If you love to work on your own with te elderly and love new opportunities this is the job for you.

I would have stayed if I was able to get a permanent contract, but with a family to provide for and sometimes just two hours A WEEK to cover I had to find a job where I would be able to get a permanent contract ... I like to have SECURITY , and I did not have this here.
Pros
Nice management, pleasant colleagues
Cons
No security
I been with Right at Home for approximately 18 months. Brilliant company to work for, the management are supportive,approachable, staff work well as a team, i found the management so supportive, i were employed as a caregiver an given the opportunity to progress higher and given the tools to do so, overall i enjoy my job role and i can see myself progressing further in the years to come within the care industry
I am new to care and have recieved fantastic support from my team leader and the office staff. The shifts are good, I am avaliable for work 7-3 and have a regular round seeing the same clients.
Pros
Good work hours, plenty of support
I have just started working for the company and so far have been very impressed. Very friendly and helpful management and care givers.
Training was very thorough and feel if I needed more support it would definitely be available. I have felt welcomed by all who I have met. Would definitely recommend right at home swindon for a career in care.
A great place to work for anyone wanting to make a difference in their local and wider community. The team is full of driven, honest and hard working individuals who work together really well and are always more than happy to help. Wherever you're new to care or an experienced carer you will fit right in. Great place to build a career.
Pros
Rewarding job
This is a great company to work for. The whole team from top to bottom really support me and have helped develop my skills and knowledge. I thought the training was first class. I love being part of an elite care company, it makes me feel proud.
Pros
Very supportive, high quality service
Cons
Once upon a time it was a good company to work for, but has drastically gone to the pits. A belittling atmosphere with poor management. If you are not in the right clique then you have no hope for anything but constant put downs and non constructive criticism. Poor outdated paper work and the clients have their rotas changed with no notice or information. Rude and patronising office staff
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Poor management, poor communication skills, bullying atmosphere
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Right at Home UK?
I have been employed with Right at Home Swindon for over 3 years now and have found them to be the most supportive company and with great career progression I started as a care giver then progressed to a senior carer and then to my current role within the office.
I have gained qualifications at no cost to myself including a level 3 health and social care NVQ, Level 2 in customer services and Level 2 in buisness admin. Highly recommended company. New care givers are welcomed into the team, fully trained and supported. Supportive management and a great team to work with.
Pros
Good pay, rewarding career, supportive staff
I've worked for Right at home for almost a year now and I've met some lovely staff members along with lovely clients along the way. Well presented company, lots of support and training for all your needs.

and giv
Hideous company to work for. Very poor management. Paperwork for clients not correct and a clicky culture. You have to be in with the right crowd to progress
Have been working for RaH since September 2019 - it is the best company I've ever worked for - make you feel like family and your always part of the team, during this pandemic we have been provided with full PPE and the management are constantly checking in with their staff
I started my apprenticeship in November and since then have loved working there!! All staff and carers are so friendly and made me feel so welcome. Management is very professional and always support me if I need help with anything.
I have worked for this company for 5 months, I received excellent training and the office staff have been very supportive.They have a very caring approach to their clients and staff and there is always a member of the team available. I only wanted to work part time to fit my busy home life and they have helped me achieve this. I would definitely recommend this company.
Working with Right at Home is a pleasure. Clients are great, someone is always on hand to talk to, should you have a problem.....even out of work hours. Working with brilliant colleagues who support one another. Definitely One Team feeling!
I have been with Right at Home for around two months and can say they truly care about their staff and service users. I have seen the owner go above and beyond with his staff to make sure they have the best work life balance possible. Every carer is taught that the service user is at the heart of everything the company does and this shows everyday in the attitude all staff have towards their clientele. I can't recommend this company highly enough and hope to work for them for a long time to come.
Very good company to work for, Registered Manager has a lot of knowledge and passes this on to staff, which is really helpful and supportive to staff when learning new roles. The carers do an amazingly wonderful job, lovely staff to work with have had many a laugh with them.
i have worked at Right At Home Swindon for 2 years now. I really enjoy my job and i am extremely grateful for the the support i get from management as well as my other colleagues. I was new to care, the training was really informative and everyone was always happy to help if i was unsure.

I love that we support people to remain in their own homes for as long as possible and aid them in having a good quality of life.
in the beginning great to work for but then when the pandemic began never checked you was OK ppe in beginning terrible no gloves limited hand gel and when 6ou do a 12 hr shift no breaks
Pros
local
Cons
the manager
Official response from Right at Home UK
8 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We take all feedback and comments very seriously and would be keen to speak with you to investigate this matter further. Please do contact the local office to speak with a member of the senior team on 020 8092 9994.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right at Home UK. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4