Ricoh Employee Reviews

Fun
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry30 March 2016
Its good place to work in as it's very flexible. The team which you will work with are very friendly and you feel comfortable and welcome to work.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes
Fun place to work
Merchindiser+ (Former Employee) –  coventry22 March 2016
I enjoyed working at the Ricoh as everyday was a new challenge and got to meet new people daily and i also loved being part of a large team
lovely and fun place to work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin8 February 2016
ensuring the production line does not have any shortages
How to work in a large manufacturing business
dealing with any quality issues
lovely co worker
working environment
Pros
friday afternoons and place of work
Cons
My husband works there and eggs in one basket
staff is very friendly though management likes to make you feel away
Digital Operator (Former Employee) –  Merstham, ENG29 January 2016
work is very repetitive, many different clients but all the work is basically the same, very simple no challenge at all, company likes to relocate every 3 years
Pros
always busy can be in job for a longtime
Cons
pay is low, work is boring
enjoyed working there
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Telford26 January 2016
a typical day at work would be a 12 hour shift, working days and nights, i made some life long friends there and experienced alot of great things for my age.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Good to work for but low pay.
field service engineer (Current Employee) –  Sheffield9 January 2016
Enjoy working for Ricoh, Training is good and the work is fun and challenging.

I learned how to repair high end printers and photocopiers. I also learned a lot about customer service and skills.

The hardest part of the job is managing stock and repairing a huge range of machines, you tend to have no time to fully learn about one certain product.

Being able to repair difficult faults is an enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Wages
Empty promises
Major Contract Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northampton, ENG4 January 2016
A company that promises you the world and all of the opportunity to go with it. It delivers none. Dis-organised management structure and lack of advancement. The company brags internally of it's millions of pounds over profit each FY but seemingly none of it is passed down to the staff. The workers lives are put in the hands of the European over lords.
Technical Service Architect (Current Employee) –  Home Based28 December 2015
Good place to work. People focused company.
I work with a great team. We always get the job done as a team. Not like working for a big corporate (which is good)
Pros
Flexibility and freedom
Cons
Career progression is lacking
really good experience
engineer (Former Employee) –  other2 November 2015
have a excellent time working here and learn lot of great information
i done a lot of outher thing with the the company and they help me gain the confrdence in what i was doing
Account Supervisor, Technical support team (Former Employee) –  Northampton, ENG6 October 2015
Great company to work for, enjoyed working in the field and office with fun colleagues.

Never a dull moment and always incentives for hard workers.

Difficult travelling from London to Northampton.
People focus; Strong processes; Innovative; Ethical; Customer focused.
Field Service Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Runcorn3 October 2015
Customer centric environment where service excellence was core with strong teams focused on delivering. Established core values supported from the top contributed to performance levels and a strong achievement culture.

All employees are encouraged to suggest and participate in the development of new initiatives with management support within a Lean Sigma framework. This allows for the development of a strong talent management and mentoring environment. However this could also frustrate when changes were slow to implement ie changes to systems were required.

Forward looking working practices with good level of focus on wellbeing of the employee and awareness of work life balance.

Ricoh is a company in transition. The traditional paper based office, core to Ricoh's tradition, is being digitalised and Ricoh aim to be leading the technological transformation in it's customer base.

Consolidation of the Supply chain merged business units focusing operational activity out of Northampton.
Pros
Forward looking supportive management culture
Cons
Head office in Northampton
big company good team.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG25 September 2015
I would go into work I would either work on the bar or work waiting tables. I learnt how to take orders using a till or writing them out. There were lots of different mangers here and they come round and always checked that everything was running smoothly. I worked with a good team who were really hard working and always willing to help if the bar or restaurant got to busy. the hardest part of the job was match days when we would run out of stock and the fans would get very angry having to reassure them that we will have it sorted. I enjoyed working with a team that was like family we all got on very well.
fun workplace
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Coventry, ENG23 September 2015
I really enjoy working for this company, keeps you busy at all times and you are always on the move. Co workers were awesome, so friendly. best part of the job is serving customers who are polite and respect your service
Pros
free lunch, good pay
Good Place to work
Production/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  telford2 September 2015
Relaxed place to work
Room to progress
Learning new machines each day
Targets to work towards
swap jobs after every break to prevent stale work preventing mistakes
Pros
pool table in break room
Cons
12 hour shifts 2 days followed by 2 nights
mediocre af
waiter/bartender/cashier (Current Employee) –  Coventry21 July 2015
The shifts available are typically long and you are rarely given breaks. I remember working an 18 hour shift and getting only a 40 minute break throughout the day (bear in mind the job involves a lot of standing and walking). The skills I learnt have sort of been transferable to real life. I'm more confident now and have learnt to tolerate different types of people, however, some of the things they teach us such as folding napkins and laying a dinner table are so irrelevant to real life. Management is OK. There are certain managers who are alright and others that aren't. You just have to pray before you get to work that you don't get a bad manager. The co-workers are probably the best part of the job, in my opinion as there are a lot of Coventry Uni students that work there that make the job more enjoyable and bearable for me as I'm comfortable around them. The job is starting to get better now that the Wasps have taken over as there are more shifts available for match days plus the standard of service has improved. However there are a lack of shifts throughout the summer which is when most people want to work as there's no uni/college/sixth form. You are also not guaranteed shifts every week which can be problematic if you have monthly bills to pay or rent or are a uni student.
Pros
Uni students. New skills learnt. Pay is decent. Some managers are nice.
Cons
Looong hours. Pay is often messed up. Irregular hours
fun workplace
Hospitality staff (Former Employee) –  coventry24 June 2015
you meet a lot of new people. there is also no contract and therefore means that you would not have to quit your job. it works around your schedule
Pros
free food
Friendly workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Northampton22 June 2015
A fantastic place to work with plenty of opportunity for career progression. However, salary is not in line with similar roles in other companies. I have held other positions in this company and have found the same issue.
Pros
Standard office hours and reputable secure company
Cons
Lack of training and career development opportunities
An Experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, ENG11 June 2015
Pro's
-Free Meals Provided
-Friendly Floor Staff

Con's
-A lot of standing around not doing anything (boredom)
-Quite unorganized environment
Fast paced, professional and overall fun place to be.
Sales Order Processing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Northampton11 June 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my years with Ricoh. They always had internal and external courses available to help further your knowledge and careers within the company.
The management were skilled and well trained, with a very hands on approach.
The systems were detailed and tailored to the company, this made them much easier to use.
Ricohs processes were fantastic, always moving in line with the company to ensure smooth work flow.
Pros
Flexible working shifts, onsite canteen, onsite parking and internal training departments
Great Company
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northampton, ENG11 June 2015
This company has a really enjoyable work environment with great staff. Pays well for 1st line support. Would work for the company again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ricoh. Our community is ready to answer.