Ricoh Employee Reviews in Northampton

Found 34 reviews matching the search See all 3,381 reviews
Awful company
Finance (Former Employee) –  Northampton, United Kingdom18 October 2018
There are some nice people to work with, but the shear contempt you are treated with by management makes this probably the worst job I have ever had. If you aren't part of the in-crowd then you will be treated like dirt, be overloaded with work, and most likely pushed out the door at the first opportunity.
Pros
Cons
Management are awful
A good company to work for from my perspective.
Customer Service Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrington and Northampton6 August 2018
An interesting and fast paced place to work in with a positive outlook from all levels of the business. No job is perfect but this was close to it for me. Supportive management structure whilst allowing a certain amount of independence. I worked within Supply Chain and the culture was positive, open and collaborative. The down side for me was the travelling to Northampton on a daily basis which had a massive impact on my work/life balance. The up side were its people who were in the main great to work with on a daily basis.
Overall the best company I have worked for in my working life.
day-to-day coordination
the main point of contact (Former Employee) –  Northampton14 June 2018
• Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of installation and training requests for all internal and external customers, ensuring that service level agreements are met.
Weak Management & Leadership
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire9 April 2018
Ricoh was a great place to start working life but the management is weak and does not handle people's individuality and differences. They are great organising social events but do not try to include all in the relevant departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is liasing with the customers but this can be the hardest. The routine of the day is generally 9 - 5 but they can be flexible if pushed.
Pros
Flexibility with working arrangements
Cons
Weak management and communication
Not a happy experience
Facilities Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northampton13 February 2018
Due to the micromanagement of the team the role was more difficult than it should have been, the other team members felt the same, within a year the team had all left. The company on a whole was quite reasonable.
Over-Ambitious and a little Overbearing
Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire28 November 2017
When I first joined Ricoh it was a small and welcoming business, however as it expanded it lost it's connection to the staff and has become very sterile and too focused on growth without investing in the internal integrity of the business, talk g on far too many projects and acquisitions without fully considering how it will be effectively Implemented and sustained, the management are being instructed merely apply pressure on staff to meet goals and have no intentions of reducing workload or hiring new staff to meet demands and if anything area reducing headcount yet expecting higher output from staff with no increase in pay.
A once enjoyable company to work for however has completely lost its way, prepare to be very stressed very quickly with very little support or effective management, as they seem to always be in meetings and not supporting teams in all areas of the business.
Pros
Challanging
Cons
Poor Management
Enjoyable company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire8 November 2017
Rewarding and enjoyable Good company to work for Friendly relaxed but professional environment. Opportunities were available over my career. Sadly made redundant in Jan 2017
Fun place to work
Consumables Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire16 August 2017
I worked in the consumable team dealing with escalated customer orders, queries and complaints making sure to deliver excellent customer service.
I also dealt with inbound customer orders and auditing of bulk orders for the department.
I managed approvals for customer orders placed by my team and also the call centre as a whole. I trained new starters and also additional support training for existing team members.
Pros
good salary
Avoid Northampton Head Office
Invisible hard working employee (Former Employee) –  Northampton31 May 2017
Guideline friendly edit! - Worked extremely hard, with passion, dedication, was a team player, loved my job, loved my team. Didn't translate into being fairly rewarded, or acknowledged. So left for what I deserved and never looked back.
Pros
Work colleagues, flexible working, modern interior
Cons
Demoralising, demotivating, old boys club, non competitive rates of pay
Ricoh was a good place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire4 May 2017
Very busy from the moment you arrived to the minute you left.
managerial experience
management was very much on hand
hardest part of the job was pleasing everybody in the team/ contact centre as they all had different work ethics and personalities, to get them all to do the same took a lot of hard work to gain their trust and I needed confidence in practicing the ricoh way.
Most enjoyable part of my team leader role was that most of my team moved on within the Ricoh company through working together, hard work and determination through personal development plans, training and personal coaching.
Pros
work benefits
Overworked and under paid
Government Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton4 April 2017
Ricoh is the worst company I have worked for. They have no idea what a work home life balance is. Having very recently reduced its workforce by approximately 10%
Pros
Bupa
Ricoh
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Northampton28 February 2017
Ricoh is a great company to work for I will miss the people there. The company is very flexible and away there to help you when needed. This company has its ups and downs like any where. I was proud to say I worked for Ricoh
Eco aware great head for the future
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northampton18 February 2017
Good Company great eco awareness good benefits , pension people are friendly if some sections are a little clicky
Training has improved over the 6 years I was there

Overall I enjoyed my time working within Ricoh made some really fantastic friends and learnt some new skills.
If looking for a fast paced job with good prospects then this is a good place to start
Pros
Subsidised Restaurant .great people to work with good work ethic
Cons
lack of communcation in some sections, promotions for exsisting staff hard to obtai
ITS Reverse Logistics Administrator (Current Employee) –  Northampton, UK8 February 2017
I really enjoy working for Ricoh UK, great office environment, location is accessible, people are amazing, lots of opportunities.
productive fun place to work
Corporate credit control (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire18 January 2017
The atmosphere was good and friendly, the work was taxing but manageable. I had the opportunity to move to different teams/departments and learn how they work which helped me do my job more effectively.
Productive Workplace
Operation and Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northampton12 December 2016
Data extraction in the morning followed by reporting.

Excel and Access knowledge improved massively.

Financial procedures.

Management are easily approachable.

Co-workers are fun and easy to work with.
Excellent place to work
Fleet and Business Travel Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton18 November 2016
Excellent atmosphere and great management. The ethos of the 'New Ways of working' certainly means you feel trusted to complete tasks rather than hit timed deadlines
Empty promises
Major Contract Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northampton, ENG4 January 2016
A company that promises you the world and all of the opportunity to go with it. It delivers none. Dis-organised management structure and lack of advancement. The company brags internally of it's millions of pounds over profit each FY but seemingly none of it is passed down to the staff. The workers lives are put in the hands of the European over lords.
Account Supervisor, Technical support team (Former Employee) –  Northampton, ENG6 October 2015
Great company to work for, enjoyed working in the field and office with fun colleagues.

Never a dull moment and always incentives for hard workers.

Difficult travelling from London to Northampton.
Friendly workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Northampton22 June 2015
A fantastic place to work with plenty of opportunity for career progression. However, salary is not in line with similar roles in other companies. I have held other positions in this company and have found the same issue.
Pros
Standard office hours and reputable secure company
Cons
Lack of training and career development opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ricoh. Our community is ready to answer.

41K