Ricoh Employee Reviews

Found 192 reviews matching the search See all 3,519 reviews
Loved Ricoh UK
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire10 January 2019
I ended my employment at Ricoh due to personal reasons, Nothing to do with the company, Great people and great place to work, The pay is really good and also many benefits too.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Good for casual work - but not enough work offered
Casual staff (Current Employee) –  Coventry27 November 2018
This is a good company to work for as Casual Staff. You don't have to work that hard (although you do have to work), nobody is breathing down your neck, most staff are young and friendly and from all over Europe, which is cool. You get to meet loads of people. You get free food and drinks as well. And they provide the uniform.

You just need to to able to work on your feet with very little chance if any to sit down. If you work matches, you don't get a break although it's slow after kick off until half time so that's your break. If you work longer shifts such as a trade show, you get a 20 or 30 minute break. This place can sometimes seem very disorganised and total chaos - you often dont know where to go when you get there nor do you ever know your finish time in advance. You can be asked to do loads of different tasks. Including mopping floors. Whatever they need doing.

Some of the Team Leaders cherry pick staff they want at their kiosk, meaning you can be assigned a kiosk and then have it changed last minute - this is probably why. So you never know for sure where you'll be working so you need to be flexible. And some Team Leaders are great, others aren't so nice, or they aren't capable, and you wonder how they got the job.

Training is not great, particularly with alcohol service, so it's rather down to you to learn it - to ask others. Don't be surprised if you turn up for a hospitality shift and find yourself serving drinks to tables of 12, with no previous experience...

Tips are possible depending on what job you're doing, so that's an added bonus as you can keep
  more... your tips. (eg working cloakroom or serving drinks to tables or VIP rooms)

You also get paid weekly, which is great. Although the biggest con for this job is that work is not at all regular. You can work 3 days one week, then get NOTHING or barely anything for weeks even though you've made yourself available for work. That can be really frustrating. Sometimes I think they choose Agency workers or other certain Casual workers, which isn't entirely fair.

There is not much communication between management/HR and Casual Staff, that could probably improve a bit. You do feel like some second class citizen if you have to walk through their offices, shouldn't be like this. Seems a bit miserable in the office area I wouldn't want to work there. Totally different atmosphere and vibe though with Casual staff. Some shifts are actually quite fun.

Free parking most events although some events you are not allowed to park there so keep that in mind.

And if you expect to be able to stand and watch the football matches or Rugby matches, think again. No chance.
Pros
Free parking, free food and drink, good atmosphere
Cons
Not regular work, gaps in offers of work, unknown shift end times
good luck
Engineer (Former Employee) –  uk20 November 2018
Okay company to work for. No constantly pushed for work. sometimes frustrating as not always the best organised and can leave you with questions unanswered. Dont expect a pay rise even if you do the same work as others.
Relaxed working environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire12 November 2018
Best company I've ever worked for. You do your own thing and no one breathes on your neck every second. Managers and team members are very supportive. A good amount of lunch and coffee breaks. Free tea and coffee. Working spaces are modernised (bean and everything). In my experience anyway. Might depend on which department and team you join.
Pros
All in the review
Cons
Not easy to get parking
Alright place for students
Waitress/beer pourer (Former Employee) –  Coventry23 October 2018
Only worked on game days but good for students trying to earn a bit of extra cash. salary isn't that good but if you work a lot it all adds add, good place to meet other people as well.
Awful company
Finance (Former Employee) –  Northampton, United Kingdom18 October 2018
There are some nice people to work with, but the shear contempt you are treated with by management makes this probably the worst job I have ever had. If you aren't part of the in-crowd then you will be treated like dirt, be overloaded with work, and most likely pushed out the door at the first opportunity.
Pros
Cons
Management are awful
Very early days
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Telford13 October 2018
Was there not long after the site opened and was involved in the production of the photo-copiers.
Saw a lot of changes in that time some being good and others not so good.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Typical factory problems
Time based
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Work from Home4 October 2018
Ricoh is a time based project where the amount of work is high but there was flexibility in the timings and balance of work between personal and professional life
Pros
Stability
Cons
Pressure
good
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Coventry4 September 2018
Good work environment, worked as a memeber of the casual staff team. However the work is not consistent as there are times when the stadium is not very busy meaning less staff is required
Fast paced environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands20 August 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working here, the only reason i left was due to personal circumstances and relocation.
If any opportunities are available, id encourage anyone to take them
decent workplace
Patch Manager (Current Employee) –  retail15 August 2018
how the business works, you are able to climb the ranks very easy if you show the work rate,
it has a change for you to increase your skills and it give you a chance to work in every department
Pros
free lunch
A good company to work for from my perspective.
Customer Service Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrington and Northampton6 August 2018
An interesting and fast paced place to work in with a positive outlook from all levels of the business. No job is perfect but this was close to it for me. Supportive management structure whilst allowing a certain amount of independence. I worked within Supply Chain and the culture was positive, open and collaborative. The down side for me was the travelling to Northampton on a daily basis which had a massive impact on my work/life balance. The up side were its people who were in the main great to work with on a daily basis.
Overall the best company I have worked for in my working life.
Fun place
ServiceNow Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 August 2018
Amazing place to be working at with great people that love their job and motivate others. Everyday s a great day there with motivated people that want the best
Service Department Managers
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Natonwide25 July 2018
This company is now run by people that i am afraid are not fit to do there job roles.

I have worked there under managers who are very good but they move around and it is getting to the point where if the manager does not like you for any reason they will make your life unpleasant until the point you flip and then they investigate and get rid of you unfairly and for the reason only they did not like you.

Tracker systems in cars and Service reporting tools that do not match up with times and they expect you as the engineer to explain why.

Rubbish sytem's in place
Very poor people mangers
Over all poor company from what it was 10 years ago - its all about producing the correct numbers not about quality.
No rewards for those who go above and beyond.
Pros
Cons
Bad managers / no trust in staff
fast pace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Coventry22 July 2018
When i used to work for Ricoh Arena, i would tend to do game day shifts which consisted of serving customers who were there to watch the game. However, the worst part of the job was that we werent allowed breaks.
Starting
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Telford20 July 2018
Ricoh really helped me progress within my career and I can never say enough for this company. I was in a stage of my life when I needed to relocate to Manchester and had to leave.
Hard work but relaxed approach
Trainer (Current Employee) –  HQ18 July 2018
Ricoh UK are a great organisation to work for.
Yes you have to work hard and sometime work very long days.
This said, they have a relaxed approach which is reflected in their "New Ways of Working" policy. This allows people to work from home and from different locations if they need/want too.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Long days that can become the normal.
Demanding but sometimes exciting
Hospitality Staff (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands10 July 2018
Typical day at work included serving and attending to customer needs and there are times were we will have to also prepare the table (servings,glasses etc).

Learnt about the different cultures through meeting different people from work, learnt how to be even more resilient as the job is very demanding at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able watch the football games at times, the generous chefs who also save us food, transport to a near by station when shifts ended at times like 2am.

Management was very good as everything was always organised which made it easier for us workers to complete any task given.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The amount of work there is to do in such a short space of time is not adequate to the wages.
n/a
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands19 June 2018
flexible optional hours
variety of different types of shifts and workload available
every shift very different from each
parking only available on certain days
day-to-day coordination
the main point of contact (Former Employee) –  Northampton14 June 2018
• Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of installation and training requests for all internal and external customers, ensuring that service level agreements are met.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ricoh. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K