Rico Logistics Ltd

Rico Logistics Ltd Employee Reviews

There is a stereotype in the WH that I worked Mon-Fri were very similar. It takes a long time to learn what is what so you won't make mistakes and also solve problem yourself. Nobody is telling you what to do. There are no targets but tasks have to be done in certain time. Outbound job are not constant that this is what you'll do whole day. They come out randomly. You can go for a brew anytime. But most of the time it's busy so you have to remember what you doing because you'll be distracted and doing two or three task at the same time.
Pros
No targets, Brews at any time
Cons
No one know what they are doing.
Although fast pasted rest of team willing to help if in difficulty. Work varied so not boring. Only reason for leaving was that job was transferred to another part of company. Was asked if willing to train new team, which I was and did.
Pros
Easy to get to on public transport
Cons
Because part of group of companies not always informed about changes until approved
Throughly enjoyed my role hereVery fast paced gained a lit if experience staff and colleagues very helpful and fun to work withSad to leave fue to company changes and transitioning to indiaLost lot of colleagues
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Job uncertainty
You are paid the lowest possible rate, but are expected to work the longest hours, i.e. one evening per week on call from 6pm to 6am, working at least one day at weekend. Depending on what team you support, will impact on the jobs you get as management are all bigots.As a driver you are expected to sit in their car park from 6am if you want to be considered for work, however this does not guarantee work, and you could sit for 3 hours earning nothing, and then get a job worth £20, which then rules you out of more well paid runs. If you refuse a job, even if you are losing money on it, you will be penalised by not being given any work the following day,
Pros
Cons
Long hours for poor pay, management who treat you like dirt.
Very varied work. Working in same day office. Good bunch of Drivers. You are under pressure to meet targets and schedules and under current Covid situation it is hard. The amount of work is never consistent and you do get manic moments but also time to catch up.
Pros
Freedom to wotk
Cons
Long hours at times and skeleton staff due to Covid
Bosses are horrible they don't care about there drivers and if they don't like you they will do anything to stich you up and let you go they will plant stuff on you and steal from you so it looks like you lost a item and then they let you go also the wages are under minimum wage and sometimes you have to keep asking for wages to be paid in charging you money for the van each day but then you can't even use it for your own
Pros
No pros
Cons
Worst job ever I do not recommend it at all, they make you work so many hours and do long travels for rubbish payments had to pay for my insurance and petrol and I end up wiv basically 5 pounds for myself This is a big scam
Cons
The whole company is a joke
This company rewards bad behaviour and is one of the most useless companies I have ever worked for.A lot of questionable practices were seen regularly and I'm so glad I got out of there.
Pros
Non
Cons
The whole thing
I would definitely recommend that Rico is one employer to avoid due to the poor level of management. A courier should be dealt with fairness which is something that Rico fails to do. Hard work is not rewarded and the pay is so low that you will end up paying to work for Rico. Avoid at all costs.
Cons
Very poor pay
Stay away get the f**k outta here find another job total conss Also be careful if they offer you van hire dont take it its 13 weeks @ 180 work or no work
Excellent delivery service with fair prices. Good members staff. It was a pleasure to work for RICO LOGISTICS LTD. I can only recommended. The delivery with respect.
Probably the worst company i have come across in my working life.the company on a whole are robbers they charge drivers a weekly charge of £8.40 for the app and you don't find this out until it's deducted from your invoice. you get asked for feedback and if they don't like what you say they don't respond.Anyone thinking of working for these people don't do it there are far better courier companies out there.
Pros
Cons
rip off
I think well when i remember working at rico logistics. There were nice and helpfull environment. this pleace was very fast paced and busy, even a bit stresfull work but my supervisor taught me and explained me everything very well what is due to my responsibilities and i was always supported. Generally it is nice pleace to work.
Long distance driving 'with such a small return to my hard work.cost of van and cost of fuel to pay in return which made the job with no profit and living cost each week.
They did not help there workers, tried to give me lower wages than they promised what i was hired for in the beginning. And where difficult too contact.
Rico is a very fast & busy work place, it has some really great people to work with. There is always something new to learn, and it keeps you on your toes.
Not recommended at all. Better off elsewhere. Poor central management, stressful, they do not care about their staff, no amount of money could make me work for them again.
I worked at Rico Logistics for one month last year within the finance team at head office in Langley. On my first day there was no induction and as time went on I had to make my own introductions to people most of the time. The management view on work is generally one of hard work and long hours. I ensured I departed at 17:30 most of the time but towards the end of my stay there I could see the workload piling up meaning later finishes. The culture there is one of work, work and yes more work. No xmas parties or anything like that. I had people saying to me openly 'what made you want to come here'. The only good thing was that if it was someone's birthday they would get a cake in and sing happy birthday at their desk which was a nice touch. The car parking is very limited. If you don't come by 8.30 you will most likely have to block someone in to park up. However Langley station is across the road if that helps anyone. I left after a month as I could see where this role was going and the direction the management were going down. The colleagues I worked with closely spoke negatively about the place and morale was very low.
Cons
Lack of culture, management indecsion
easy job long hours 12 hour day + MONDAY TO FRIDAY no management never see or here good . its not that bad warehouse good lads pull the stops out to get you out for your drops .when come back park lorry up take paper work to office go home some late evening's not to bad for an opa
Pros
none hols 2 week notiec
Cons
to much b s inthe air
After hearing about heart attacks, suicides and everything in between I left. Head office did not care one bit how much they squeezed the workforce dry. Unrealistic targets, making old men deliver kitchens with granite worktops, it became disgusting and so sad to work there
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too many
Official response from Rico Logistics Ltd
3 March 2020
Hi Courier,After noting your comments, I have contacted RICO Southampton and Regional Management. They have no record of these events and we do not have a client that delivers kitchen units with granite worktops.We do have a major competitor who does - they would love to hear your feedback.If we can clarify any of this - please contact me on advancedcouriers@ricogroup.co.ukBest wishes in the future.
Very long hours with no support, driven by turnover and margin with very short sighted overview. Subcontractors exploited and overwork this resulted in poor quality of personal. Customer expectations at costs not possible so constant conflict of interest in day to day work.
  1. Employee reviews