Richmond and Wandsworth Councils

Richmond and Wandsworth Councils Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
Good overall, should consider hiring new staff to replace old ones who are not as adaptable to change.
Good wage for the role I had, would consider reapplying.
Good working experience with collaborative and motivated workforce with appetite for change and supportive senior management to direct the delivery of change initiative across the shared services.
Cons
There is a regular turnover of permanent and locum staff. Workload is with very complex cases is high and the staff are micro managed despite working more than the required hours.
IT equipment such as phone laptop is poor as is the wifi.
Cons
Long Hours
A council that is yet to move into the 21st Century. Lots of have staff have worked in the same role for 20-30 years! If you are not a friend or family member, then you are an outsider. Many managers have gained their positions through longevity rather than having any management skills.
Evidence of corruption and racism runs right through this council. Avoid at all costs!
Great experience at LBRW, friendly environment with knowledgable colleagues.j was mad to feel at ease by project stakeholders, who were always engaged and keen to help deliver a successful project.
My first day was a bit challenging because I was expected to shadow a member of staff who was not really free to show me much.
I was quick to learn how to review an incident report sent in by schools.

One inspection arranged was cancelled due to poor communication.

The Team were relaxed but focused on the task at hand.

The hardest for me was the unavailability of my boddy team member whom I was expected to be shadowing.

The enjoyable part was being given the opportunity to review some incident reports.
Pros
Help from other Team member
Cons
Poor Communication
Nice Place to work with some wonderful people. Relaxed atmosphere with no pressure as long as you do you work and get on with it your ok.
Plenty of scope to further your self if you show willing.
Most enjoyable part is the staff and the ability to network with both internal and external partners.
I have learnt the importance of managing and motivating staff to achieve a successful outcome for service.
Good pool, best pay for lifeguards I've heard of. The management is more or less good and the staff all work together well for the most part, you will most likely make at least a few friends.
Pros
Good pay, lots of breaks
Cons
Boring
The work place is very welcoming and positive. Also teams work well together and get tasks done when they need to be. I learnt how to work at a quick pace and also get sufficient work done. I also learnt new skills and how to work my way around new systems.
Pros
Near shopping centre and food market
Cons
hot buildings
Good career opportunities and training.
However I'm.looking for additional work to boost my income due to recent change in personal circumstances.

I am a motivated hard working manager. However I still have good clinical nursing skills where my patient's care and dignity is my priority.
Pros
Interesting role
Cons
High demands on time due to staff cuts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond and Wandsworth Councils. Our community is ready to answer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils Reviews by Location