RICHMOND FELLOWSHIP Employee Reviews

Bad management
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire5 November 2018
I worked for this company for 6 years and was often left with either fewer staff than what I should have had, or probation staff which was the same really. Complaining is futile.
The management only listen to their favourites. And when their favourites make mistakes, they either put the blame onto the workers or get off with it. I know someone who had to leave because they were blamed for something they did not do and the wording on their dismissal was so carefully engineered that their career was over.
If you fancy a career in this work don't work for this company or your stress levels will shoot up and when that happens, they don't like you going off sick. If you stand up to them they don't like you and make sure you leave as soon as possible.
The pay is rubbish, prospects are rubbish unless you become 'one of them'. Now working for a decent company.
Pros
Slim chance of becoming a 'favourite'
Cons
Too many to list.
Poor management at senior level from regional to locality. Unclear what they are doing and will pass fault down the line when things go wrong,
Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth and Hampshire5 November 2018
The senior managers are poor at best, like a blame culture and will ensure they cover their backsides first and foremost. So turn over is high because of this attitude and you have no confidence you could turn to either locality or regional manager. South West must have the poorest reputation of the organisation with Portsmouth area being the worst.
Recovery Workers and Team Leaders do a good job in giving the best to service users under hard conditions but management above that will make you feel you are the worst people in the job.
Pros
Staff team
Cons
useless senior management
Recovery focussed organisation
Registered Project Manager (Current Employee) –  East Midlands3 October 2018
Sadly, does not benchmark pay with similar organisations effectively. Does offer training, support and advancement to career development. Does not retain staff well.
Official response from RICHMOND FELLOWSHIP
9 October 2018

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a more positive experience at Richmond Fellowship. Your feedback will help us to continually improve the standard of service offered to our employees, people who use our services and external clients. We value the contribution of all our employees and wish you every success in the future.

Not great
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Erskine29 September 2018
Hours not great and wage not great for what you have to do, good to the people we supported so that's a plus, would work here again but mayb in a different service.
Cons
No exspences
Disappointing work culture
Crisis Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnley18 September 2018
Highly stressful work environment - high turnover
poor supervision in work
little support for an emotionally demanding job
working with clients most enjoyable
Pros
Good training opportunities
Cons
top down oppressive management culture
Weird
Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  High Barnet10 September 2018
The environment had a weird vibe, clients were lovely, but workers were bossing other employees around when we were all hired to do the same job it was very frustrating, and I was the youngest so I kept on being babied around. Workers were very fake to each other and spoke about each other behind each other’s backs which was very unprofessional, especially when I didn’t know anyone, it didn’t leave a good taste in my mouth
Pros
Staff food, clients
Cons
Everything else
Productive and good workplace
Head Office (Current Employee) –  London6 September 2018
Good culture, everyone gets along well and it is a good environment to work in. A good work home life balance.

I've been able to progress quickly in my role which has helped my experience and broaden my knowledge about the company, sector and my role when I was studying.

I enjoy working with my colleagues the most, however sometimes the workload can be a lot, but I have supportive managers around me when needed.

The technical equipment needs updating in order to work more efficiently.
Pros
Good training opportunities, nice colleagues to work with, job security, culture, career progression
Cons
Need better technology, would like flexible working
Official response from RICHMOND FELLOWSHIP
9 October 2018

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with some valuable feedback regarding your employment at Richmond Fellowship. Your comments are helpful and much appreciated. Your feedback will help us to continually improve the standard of service offered to our employees, people who use our services and external clients.

Its a bad joke
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North west31 August 2018
Appalling company.nepotism rife.rules broken for the favoured few.pay is a joke.pity the people who have to use this service. No proper breaks but they still deduct money for them.incompetent management
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
richmond fellowship
support practitioner (Former Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire29 August 2018
great training and support from supervisor always checking to make sure practice is up to scratch.
can be demanding at times and time with clients isnt long enough to build efficient working relationship
Pros
training
Brilliant training
MENTAL HEALTH PROJECT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Ealing14 August 2018
Excellent training on offer,salary competitive,hours ok. Working in either residential or community . Very good management and work life balance. Rate this company.
nice friendly workplace
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stranraer24 July 2018
good place to work they were always polite and friendly there clients were always saying what a pleasure it was to have people who cared looking after them
Pros
good hours friendly people
Cons
too small a company
A noble charity with a great team attached to it
Senior Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey16 July 2018
Its a busy job but with enough variety to ensure you need your wits about you. The staff employed are a great bunch of people and the satisfaction from achieving our aims are a great motivator
Good lip service!
Tenancy Management WORKER! (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire4 July 2018
Not safe here, great to manage your own diary and appointments etc . But so much game playing goes on, can't trust anyone. Management are at best pretend to listen but are dismissive and soulless. Best part is actually helping the chaotic client group but then you become cynical after realising many are just playing the system and its those that seem to get the most support as that means guaranteed housing benefit income!

Good environment for those whom are game players, ignorant, unbalanced and can say and do what they like to hurt and damage others while free to display their own ego's!...

Be careful, Management are fearful of those with strong self worth and will support them because they don't know how to manage that or conflict etc. If you are good at your role and try keep your head down and focus on that they will crush you for not playing their games or pushing the lip service...You need to be either strong willed, dismissive or a game player to survive....Good luck if you dare to risk becoming ill through stress and the constant cloak and dagger environment that is endemic and comes form above...

Also they are paying so bad now, it is an insult to the conscientious and working persons psyche...Disrespectful and demeaning!
Pros
Can display your ego and make life difficult for others, if you have those issue's and needs and that certain sad superiority complex, .
Cons
As above, loads..., Or if you like to play the sick card, every two weeks you get away with that, depending on who you are...If your a good worker, they will pile the covering on to you, for no repsect or appreciation. Its a very demanding and stressful place to be in, and its devious environment.
Great place to help people in recovery but organisation and management has a lot of downfalls
Senior Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth13 June 2018
The organisation and management were not always client-focussed. No consistent support from direct team leader and often told opposing advice or actions.

Housing support was generally good and the support team were great but the service was too overwhelmed with new high risk clients and pressure from other services.
Pros
Helping people recover
Cons
Hours, management, structure of new referrals
Lip Service Recovery Focus
Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London11 June 2018
Having worked for Richmond Fellowship for almost ten years , I found the work rewarding and the staff friendly and helpful.

HOWEVER...

Management (from area managers to locality managers ) are so focused with statistics, budgets and ‘outcones’ , they fundamentally neglect the needs of the people who use the service.
Driven by a desire to win contracts - a culture of ‘lip service’ has been nurtured - to the point that there is a fantasy versus reality at the services . As budgets are cut, staff expectations are loaded to the point that outcomes are unrealistic and the actual quality of support to those with mental health becomes increasingly reduced...

in my time I saw pay cuts, reduced quality of suppprt, deteriorating training oppprtunities, increased workloads, dreadful management, low moral and increased incidents from those that use the service ..

Be warned - if you work for RF , you will be worked to breaking point with little regard to your own wellbeing or mental health ..
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Pay. Wellbeing . Shift work .
Very quiet
Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Batley Carr10 June 2018
I left this job as there was so little to do I felt very bored and almost depressed day in day out. There is a clique amongst management and the service is not managed well. My service felt like a waste as there were so many beds available and so much funding going nowhere in a poor climate for mental health services.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Very bored and unsatisfied
pressured
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow21 May 2018
difficult job with many issues such as time constraints and lack of staff. The wage is terrible for the tasks staff carry out. It is not a positive place to work.
Poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 May 2018
Company ethos is great and the work done by the organisation is important so felt worthwhile. However, management has little understanding of front line work and attempts to fix this are superficial. People promoted to management positions with no necessary skills or experience just to get someone in post quickly.
Bad management=High staff turnover
Waking Night Lone Working Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Lytham St. Annes17 April 2018
I was given a rushed 2 week induction compared to the up to 6 month induction of others, due to being a waking night worker who they needed to start asap. On my first night lone working there wasn't even a sleep shift put on for support, infact my whole time working there i never once had a single sleep shift put in for support despite multiple incidents. Management disregarded my safeguarding concerns for my own and service users safety, instead implying that it was my own competence being the issue rather than lack of proper management. I was penalised for raising these concerns in front of an external trainer who agreed with my issues raised which eventually ended in me resigning due to the stress of feeling unsafe at work. Throughout my time working for this specific RF unit i realised it is held together by a small few people who do their jobs brilliantly, but dragged down horrendously by those who do not.
bad mangement
Assistant Support Worker (Former Employee) –  scotland20 March 2018
job was really rewarding and was not too hard , but management made it hard .. was forced to work every weekend " mon/thurs " off . never had two app near one another and got moaned at when late between them .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RICHMOND FELLOWSHIP. Our community is ready to answer.