Rexel Employee Reviews

was'nt great
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London7 May 2018
staff were better than management. went their through agency. its hard work and cold but what do you expect in warehouse work, good people to work with.
Great if you're at the right branch
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  East Anglia10 August 2017
Worked for rexel for a few years, both at Newey & Eyre and at WF Senate, job culture, working day and opportunities vary massively between them, if,you're lucky enough to work at what was a Newey's then expect quality environment, great support and a big, professional operation, however if you work at an old branch of WF expect high staff turnover, the branch to be understaffed in general, for example having one person running the whole warehouse+goods in/out on their own when really it's a 3 man job, shabby, underfunded buildings, poor IT, lack of H&S standards etc etc

Newey's was the best job I've ever had and I regret leaving, pay wasn't great but more than made up for in other ways, great manage,eat, engaging, enjoyable and fills you with optimism, conversly WF was the worst job I've ever had and after only a few months I couldn't get out fast enough.
Pros
Branches under Newey's banner, culture, standards, support, great team ethic, market leader
Cons
All the other smaller banners(WF, Denmans etc), undersized buildings, underfunded, poorly staffed, seen as the budget brand
Very corporate with difficult management
Advertising Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK8 June 2017
The job was okay however, management is very unfair and quite nasty towards their employees. I wouldn't recommend this place of work.

They aren't happy even if you just need time off for an appointment.
Busy Environment Work Hard Play Hard
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 December 2016
Running a Rexel Branch with a team around you can be very rewarding! There are a lot of external support functions around you to help you achieve budget.
Contrary to what competitor's would have you believe Rexel is a great place to work, if you show the right drive, ambition, attitude and enthusiasm you could start as a van driver and literally end up running your own branch, as we like to promote from within.
There are obviously a few key things that need addressing but I'm sure these are being dealt with.
Pros
Best Holidays in the Wholesale Industry start with 25 to a max of 29 with length of service, also opportunities to buy more. Excellent career progression.
Cons
Can be stressful at times but it comes with the territory.
Loved my time with Rexel
Internal Sales (Former Employee) –  West Midlands17 October 2016
I worked for Rexel under the WF Senate banner and loved every second of it i would love to go back there one day. As with every job it has its frustrating days but you have many more good and enjoyable days than bad ones. Met some friends for life there and as i said would love to go back one day.
Pros
8-5, massive organisation, good people to work for
Cons
Pushed me to learn new skills
Learning and Development Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dundee1 April 2015
My tasks in this job involved, Making sure staff members get on the relevant training, booking venue for training, getting all materials prepared and sent to right training venue, once training has been completed filling in employee record. This job was a 9 month Temporary contract
Learnt loads, busy, time passed quickly, Supervisor Fair and helpful
Temp - picker/packer - agency - First Call Romford (Former Employee) –  Romford, ENG5 January 2015
Unfortunately as I was only a temp I knew I could not advance within the company, but I still impressed the supervisor and always made sure I picked above my daily quota.

I was asked to work overtime due to showing my dedication.

It was interesting learning new skills, co-workers were fun to work with, although it was annoying to see that some did not carry their weight. But was advised this is life.
Pros
Local work, hours were good.
Cons
Poor wages
Huge Company, Different ideas
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS4 November 2014
I met a lot of very good people while working within Rexel under various different banners.

Rexel have varied ideas on the business, and I still can't understand why and how we compete with each other, within the banners.

i.e. Newey & Eyre, WF Senate, Denmans
Pros
The people I worked with
Business Executive (Current Employee) –  Warwick, ENG9 October 2014
A typical day at work would include ringing up new clients and existing clients to see if they would like our products or if they would need any more of our products, if there is a problem and how we can fix it. The management team is lovely and very helpful. My co workers are hard workers and are super friendly and always happy to help.
Busy
Product Data Controller (Former Employee) –  Birminghamm7 January 2014
it was great till they moved

typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

Want to know more about Rexel?

Ask a question
Productive - smashing budgets
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS1 August 2013
I find the most enjoyable part of my job is the people and our customers.

Hardest part I find is time. Managing how best to use it and priorities it.