Rexel

Rexel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom80 reviews
Loved my time at Rexel
Great company to work for and I would have loved to have stayed.
Unfortunatly there was no progression for me. That is not to say there isnt in other aspects of Rexel.

Bonus scheme could have been better and more achievable to my role.
Awful place
homophobic manager,staff stealing,managment corrupt,lots of bullying.staff laid off excuses are lame,place needs a full clear out of the managment from top to bottom
Good company to work for...
Good company to work for, Great colleges, Good Communications between departments, Great management and directors to work for.

Great perks to job, be positive, needs more training for new employees.
I like the job
Really enjoyed working for the company and the management was really good and helpful. The hardest part of the job for me was the being The delivery driver.
Stressful and non-rewarding
A corporate machine run by accountants who have no idea what really goes on at the frontline. Far too many chiefs.

Very little by way of progression or advancement within. It is of no surprise that smaller independent companies are doing so well in comparison.
Average
Ok place to work but job stability uncertain. Clean vans and warehouse, hours are good and driving runs are easy and local. Wages low but overall not too bad
good place to work
early start make yourself available for all trade counter functions
processing special order helping in warehouse and acting as back up

for delivery driver function
Pros
good work ethics
Ok but stressful
Started as a driver. I am now responsible for the day to day running of the warehouse.
Office staff (not all of them) are helpful and happy to assist with issues arising from sales
Friendly office
Friendly office but a lot expected with not much help. As an apprentice I felt somewhat excluded occasionally. My trainer was great although he did not get any extra payment for this and was expected to keep on top of his workload which meant I didn’t always get the help I needed.
Work here at your own descrecion
Many people have worked here and many people have left, the management have no idea themselves, they think that just because they wear orange that they don't have to do a thing, I have always learnt that if a manager is lazy then the staff will follow suit
Poor
Big corporation, couldn't care less about the staff. Too much upper management, only interested in lining their own pockets. Makes life so difficult, making a easy job very difficult. Clueless
Good company
Good company to work for, very competitive for sales both within the company and externally with other wholesalers. Commission structure was poor.
Rexel Sales culture led
Supply chain had excellent leadership and a real goal.
Moved around various locations trouble shooting to a certain extent.

Reward did not always match effort or results.
Waiste of time
Worst paying company in Peterborough
No career prospects

Management and supervisors have no interest in their workforce

Average age is over 55 and people relie on pensions etc to make up their wages.

Take home pay is£1200 pm
Pros
Nil
Cons
Min wages no overtime
Productive and Fun workplace
Working for Rexel UK was a particularly enjoyable experience for the 16 months I was there. There's plenty of opportunity for career growth or diversification in this office as there are a plethora of differing departments all working in collaboration with one another. Certainly a welcoming environment to be a part of.
Wages a disgrace
Management useless treat staff very badly upper management are just as bad no idea how to treat people who are loyal and hard working I wouldn't recommend them to anybody
Pros
There isnt any
Overall experience - very enjoyable
Did Accounts/Admin for 5 yrs offered me a Sales position full time but unfortunately I would rather do what I enjoy and do best which is accounts/admin . Dealing daily with customers to resolve queries which in turn gets the money in.
Stressful place
This Company is the worst I have ever worked for, the management are well below standard in fact they are about as much use as paps on a fish.

The warehouse workers with the exception of supervisors and managers are a good strong working team, you get more help from them the actual workers.

I cannot believe this company puts incompetent morons in charge merely based on their face fitting at the time, and these so-called managers have as much training as a termite needs a notebook.

No wonder the warehouse workers hate the place I'm surprised there still trading it boggles the mind.

I am referring to the Dagenham Branch.

Management are useless and are about inspiring as watching paint dry incompetent and chaotic morons.

Good riddence.
Pros
Fellow colleagues
Cons
Bad pay
Good hours
It has a good work life balance. The pay is below industry average but management are good to deal with on a day to day basis. The work is pretty straight forward for the averagely intelligent and those with a modicum of common sense.
Pros
Hours of work 06:00-1430
Cons
Poor pay
This is dreadful company to work for
This company is, to my personal experience, so chaotic that any work there does have to put any person who has ever working there under very strong pressure.

The pallets that should go to the rackings as well as pallets that should go to the customers are in very often (if not majority of them) in very poor conditions and sometimes practically falling apart.

The management in this company is, to my experience, practically useless and chaotic to the level that it is, at the very at least sometimes, hardly possible to work for the company at any reasonable level of efficiency.

The management is constantly changing the rules in such a speed and in such a chaotic level that some of the new rules opposing the old ones and employees basically getting such confused by the whole process that they write often do not know how they should perform in the way the company actually want it.

Despite the fact that Health and Safety supposedly have drastic improvement under the new management, it is still at such a poor level that it is hardly barrable. Body work from Cherry Pickers literally falling apart literally by itself (you literally do not need to touch it at all; all what you need to do is just drive the cherry pick and the body work just fall down - they using cellar tape to fix it, which does not work all the time).

I have never received any induction working for the company and I am personally not aware about anyone who have ever did.

Despite of the fact I reported huge amount of the health and safety issues directly to the management there has not been much (if
 - more...
Pros
Not the very worst pay
Cons
Health and Safety, Extreme level of chaos, Incompetent and useless managment
Possitive environment
No two days are the same at Rexel,

Can be extremely pressurised at times, many plates spinning at once

Hardest part at Rexel is an uneven level of integrity

Great customers, great team members this makes me do it all again the next day.
Pros
Possible career progression