Rexel Employee Reviews

was'nt great
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London7 May 2018
staff were better than management. went their through agency. its hard work and cold but what do you expect in warehouse work, good people to work with.
Good place to work great set of people only Monday to Friday working
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 February 2018
A fun warehouse to work long hours some good managers free coffee n tea and an on site canteen easy access to location and on site car parking on bus route
Pros
Free tea n coffee
Cons
They are a decent company to work for.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire15 February 2018
They are decent company to work due to the hours being good always extra training and help if you need it. However each branch works differently due to the staff and Rexel try to run on minimum staff to save money witch ends up with everyone under pressure and struggling to complete all their tasks.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Never enough staff
Excellent , professionally managed project
Project team lead, Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Maple House, Potters Bar31 January 2018
Project Sunrise was the culmination of 6 years continual implementation of Infor M3 within the Rexel banners.
The final piece of the jigsaw , was the upgrade from Movex to M3 by the largest banner, Newey & Eyre.
This required the preparation of Jira, using company feedback and known issues, resulting in over 200 Jira that required attention during the final year .
At the end if this process, rigorous E2E testing was carried out over 2 cycles. Eventually after some final tweaks and testing, the new upgraded system went live on 2 April 2016. The project was finally closed in the summer of that year .
Pros
Outstanding Project management skills gained from the contracted PM team. Learned new skills in PM, test coordinator, people management
Cons
Lack of ongoing use of skills after returning to Procurement office
Not the place to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  National5 January 2018
The company have let so many good people go and have no direction on where they are going, they keep changing roles and top management do not care, providing that they continue to progress.
Cons
Sleepless Nights.
large organisation with great career prospects
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire17 December 2017
Great company to work for now were "One Rexel" if you are a driven individual sky's the limit, equally if you want a secure 8-5 job with and a life outside work this is the place to be. Great holiday entitlement 25days rising to 29 with length of service. As with all jobs its all about the direct Management and the team around you, get them right and its very enjoyable coming to work.
Pros
holidays and team spirit
Cons
Vile management awful place to work
Transactional finance (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 December 2017
Managers are promoted internally with little consideration for their suitability for the job. They treat staff with little respect or appreciation and think they should automatically be respected.
Vile atmosphere, vile management, vile company to work for.
Would not recommend
Pros
Cons
Vile management
Productive work place
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London29 November 2017
In my current job role I pick items which are sent to my gun in my high level order picker and go back to my desk once I’ve completed all my picks to them confirm and check my work before labelling and finishing the packing persidures,this is my day to day job role in my current warehouse
Great Work Relationship
Senior Data Analysist (Former Employee) –  Essex12 October 2017
To produce an analysis, interpretation and insight into the customers spend. Responsible for updating Saleforce.com and checking the department is running to its scheduled deadline.
Producing daily, weekly and monthly reports, for 69 Branches, Managers and Directors.
Run the e-Media card designer system; including designing and producing Conference, Corporate and Cards for all Departments and Branches within the company and External Account Holders.
Great if you're at the right branch
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  East Anglia10 August 2017
Worked for rexel for a few years, both at Newey & Eyre and at WF Senate, job culture, working day and opportunities vary massively between them, if,you're lucky enough to work at what was a Newey's then expect quality environment, great support and a big, professional operation, however if you work at an old branch of WF expect high staff turnover, the branch to be understaffed in general, for example having one person running the whole warehouse+goods in/out on their own when really it's a 3 man job, shabby, underfunded buildings, poor IT, lack of H&S standards etc etc

Newey's was the best job I've ever had and I regret leaving, pay wasn't great but more than made up for in other ways, great manage,eat, engaging, enjoyable and fills you with optimism, conversly WF was the worst job I've ever had and after only a few months I couldn't get out fast enough.
Pros
Branches under Newey's banner, culture, standards, support, great team ethic, market leader
Cons
All the other smaller banners(WF, Denmans etc), undersized buildings, underfunded, poorly staffed, seen as the budget brand
Very corporate with difficult management
Advertising Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK8 June 2017
The job was okay however, management is very unfair and quite nasty towards their employees. I wouldn't recommend this place of work.

They aren't happy even if you just need time off for an appointment.
Great Plave to work
AP Financial Reporting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 April 2017
This was a great company o work for. The management there were great and invested a great amount of time in all employees.

This job help be develop my excel skills.
Office Closed
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Potters Bar, Hertfordshire17 April 2017
Company relocated to Birmingham, so the majority of staff and systems are new and therefore I am unable to comment on them. During my time there it was a good company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire6 March 2017
Plenty of leadership, holiday allowance plus bank holidays off very good, office staff that is, especially as the years go by you are entitled to much more. There is a decent pension which includes life insurance whilst employed. Always other employment opportunities within the group.
Pros
Good holiday allowance as years go on
Cons
Pay mediocre
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Internal Sales (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire30 January 2017
The job was excellent.. Rexel provided training when required ie. product knowledge updates.. I worked with a great bunch of people. The hours were 8am 5pm Mon - Fri and sometimes a Saturday morning. I have been made redundant which is why I am looking for another position.
Rexel
Cashier Payments (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 December 2016
A good company to work for and friendly staff.
Able to learn the Cashiers Role
Good Management
May be busy at times especially month end
Great employees and staff
Busy Environment Work Hard Play Hard
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 December 2016
Running a Rexel Branch with a team around you can be very rewarding! There are a lot of external support functions around you to help you achieve budget.
Contrary to what competitor's would have you believe Rexel is a great place to work, if you show the right drive, ambition, attitude and enthusiasm you could start as a van driver and literally end up running your own branch, as we like to promote from within.
There are obviously a few key things that need addressing but I'm sure these are being dealt with.
Pros
Best Holidays in the Wholesale Industry start with 25 to a max of 29 with length of service, also opportunities to buy more. Excellent career progression.
Cons
Can be stressful at times but it comes with the territory.
Loved my time with Rexel
Internal Sales (Former Employee) –  West Midlands17 October 2016
I worked for Rexel under the WF Senate banner and loved every second of it i would love to go back there one day. As with every job it has its frustrating days but you have many more good and enjoyable days than bad ones. Met some friends for life there and as i said would love to go back one day.
Pros
8-5, massive organisation, good people to work for
Business Manager
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester30 September 2016
Fast paced job environment in a very competitive industry. Need to be able to multi-task and be driven to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction in order to maintain and build on a strong customer base.

Colleagues have always been brilliant to work with, possibly lacking some support from above.

Best part is the customer interaction and playing a big part in there businesses
Ok
Accounts Payable Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham4 May 2016
Nice environment to work in, very relaxed nice people. Day goes quickly however job can be very repetitive which can make the day drag

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexel. Our community is ready to answer.