Rethink Mental Illness Employee Reviews

United Kingdom70 reviews
Featured review
Rethink Mental Illness selected this as a representative review
Change for the better is evident
In the course of a year here at Rethink there has been a massive amount of change within our team, which has sometimes made it hard to see or feel change and direction. I am happy to say that this is now improving ten fold and the sense of motivation, commitment and just passion to get change happening and make Rethink Mental Illness a great place to work is visible every single day!!
7 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback about your time here at Rethink. All feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do, so we really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

This place is a joke
This place used to be ok but its interesting what a change of manager can do !!!! It has been run down by the current management who are useless. If your not a yes sir, no sir type of person and don't creep you get no where even if you are experienced and good at your job. There is no progression with residents. They are often unshowered, wearing dirty clothes and sleeping in unkempt rooms. I would not let a relative of mine live here. Rethink needs a rethink !!!
22 April 2020
We’re sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us at Rethink Mental Illness. We have checked our records and they show that we have not had leaver at this service recently. Therefore we would encourage you, if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview or contact our HR team. We can then gather feedback which will help us address any concerns and focus on any improvements required. All feedback we receive is used to continually help us improve what we do.

If you would be happy to talk to us please do get in touch with our HR team on 0121 522 7111.

Great Charity!
I really enjoyed my time working at Rethink, it's a great charity to work for as they really want to make a difference. I worked with such a good team with a really supportive manager. The induction and training offered is also excellent.
Pros
Salary and training
Cons
Limited progression

Rethink Mental Illness
Professional, recovery focussed, dynamic and enjoyable.
Wow! I have learned so much in such a short time about mental health and how to empower others recovery! The staff team are really great at what they do and well supported by the management team. There is a comprehensive induction and lots of further training and development opportunities for people.
Through support and supervision Recovery Workers are encouraged to be creative in our approaches when identifying solutions with people engaged in the service, this allows us to develop truly person centred care packages involving peoples own likes, hobbies and aspirations.

As with all shifts in this sector, the shifts can be long and demanding but rewarding!

I really feel that I am getting the support and training to further my own development and career opportunities.
Pros
Excellent training and development
Cons
Long shifts
22 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback about your time here at Rethink. All feedback we receive is used to help us continually improve what we do, so we really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Rethink Mental Illness
Do not care about own staff
For a mental health charity, they care little about their staff.
Too many sleep ins and they do not uphold their own company policy on this.. Unhealthy too much lone workingcutting budgets and line working which could be
Pros
Meal on duty
Cons
Little/no sleep on a sleep in
22 April 2020
We’re sorry to hear your experience with us at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview or contact our HR team so we can gather feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all the feedback we receive continues to help us to improve what we do.

Well Supported&Productive
Great place to work,excellent communication cold were all very supportive & great backup from Local Management.
However HR Department was inept.Good prospects,everyone had a good opportunity to discuss case loads& I was always listened to & everyone was treated equally.We were encouraged to help each other & help both in the office & in the field,so that we could always get help either from a colleague of Manager.Everyone was very approachable & you could rely on their support &if need discretion.
26 February 2020
Thank you for your positive words about your time here at Rethink. All feedback we receive is used to help us continue to improve what we do. If there is anything you feel could be improved we could encourage you to complete your exit interview if you haven't done so already. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Fast paced place
A fast paced place to work however this was a great experience and the training opportunities were good. There was a lot of lone working which i believe was changing after I left
26 February 2020

World’s Worst Job
If I could have given 0 stars I would have. Worked as support staff for years and was treated like dirt on the bottom of management’s shoes. Found out they were hiring their friends and paying them much higher rates. HR did nothing. Only plus was my fellow support workers but management slowly but surely pushed us all out. If you value your mental health DO NOT work here.
7 February 2020
We’re sorry to hear about your experiences with us at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview or contact our HR team so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all the feedback we receive helps us to improve what we do.

Stressful
Long Hours, with not much support. High risk work load. Working with vulnerable adults on a one to one basis. 24 hour service working weekends and bank holidays
7 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback about your time with us at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and we use all feedback received to help us improve what we do.

Rethink Mental Illness
Very busy work load but friendly environment
Rethink is a Charity and as such there were alot of budget cuts that meant that my department were really short staffed. As such I felt under alot of pressure to perform which adversely affected my work life balance
Pros
great team
Cons
Heavy work load
28 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback about your time here at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do.

If your face fits
I worked at Rethink for many years in various roles. It was good for the 1st few years but then management staryed to slowly change and long standing work colleagues left due to the harsh treatment by management. Others were forced out due to having mental health problems themselves. Several members of staff were sacked as they had become obstacles for the management as they didn't agree with the way the charity was operating and becoming unsafe for the staff and service users.
28 January 2020
We’re sorry to hear about your experiences here at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview or contact our HR team so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do.

Management!!
Place is lovely however if you are not friends with managers then you will be pushed Out! Claim you are not qualified enough and Use your own mental health to bully you out of the job. Managers get you to do there jobs for them and are lazy.
28 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we’re sorry to hear about your experiences here at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do.

Rethink Mental Illness
Over all good to work for
Over all good to work for, but manager was incongruent.
Client base for the most part we're supported well.

Staff could have had better training in mental health
15 January 2020

Fantastic
Great people to work with. I had a good training both internally and externally. The staff are encouraging and helping. Everything is well documented and up to date
10 January 2020
Thank you for your positive words about your time here at Rethink. All feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do, so we really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Wonderful Charity
I really enjoy working at Rethink Mental Illness, I work with a wonderful team and have a supportive line manager.
There is a lot of positive change happening within the Charity at the moment which is exciting to be part off.

I'd recommend Rethink as a good employer to anyone interested in working in Mental Health.

Rethink Mental Illness
Terrible culture, from top down.
The organisation was dysfunctional and focused on internal management relationships. Nepotism was rife. Poor client outcomes and out dated practice, more suited to the 1980s style of care. It felt Revenue based rather than outcome based. Full of hot air but no tangible outcomes. A provider of services rather that a campaigning charity. AVOID.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Bullying and nepotism
8 January 2020
We’re sorry to hear about your experiences here at Rethink, as you know we ask all leavers to complete an exit interview so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete the interview or contact our HR team to discuss further. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do.

Rethink Mental Illness
Gravesend was a good environment
Doing the floating support for rethink was the best job I had. If I had stayed it would have been interesting to see where I ended up.

The team at the Gravesend office were really good people and worked as i feel a team should do. Supporting each other but not getting in each others way.

Great Team
The only agency where I felt that I fitted in, been different and from another background really help service users, I could use my 4 languages to support service users and make a difference
Pros
You can rely on your team
Cons
Not enough money in comparison of responsability

Rethink Mental Illness
Genuine company that employs genuine people
It's the best company I have worked with, I feel empowered and valued. I do make a difference and I learn everyday.
I become surprised about the strength of the clients and staff

Great place to work.
Varied work with a close team who support each other, ongoing training and support always available. Supportive management who respect your experience and knowledge

Terrible
Management are awful. They have no clue about mental health issues. Manager rude and dismissive. Deputy doesn't even want to speak to other professionals. Speak to staff inappropriately. The staff who aren't management are friendly. Night staff have been known to sleep, when its should be waking nights.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rethink Mental Illness. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6