Rethink Mental Illness Employee Reviews

Featured review
Rethink Mental Illness selected this as a representative review
Change for the better is evident
L&DCoordinator (Current Employee) –  Tipton, West Midlands5 February 2020
In the course of a year here at Rethink there has been a massive amount of change within our team, which has sometimes made it hard to see or feel change and direction. I am happy to say that this is now improving ten fold and the sense of motivation, commitment and just passion to get change happening and make Rethink Mental Illness a great place to work is visible every single day!!
Fast paced place
Mental Health Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby8 February 2020
A fast paced place to work however this was a great experience and the training opportunities were good. There was a lot of lone working which i believe was changing after I left
World’s Worst Job
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Heanor, Derbyshire6 February 2020
If I could have given 0 stars I would have. Worked as support staff for years and was treated like dirt on the bottom of management’s shoes. Found out they were hiring their friends and paying them much higher rates. HR did nothing. Only plus was my fellow support workers but management slowly but surely pushed us all out. If you value your mental health DO NOT work here.
7 February 2020

We’re sorry to hear about your experiences with us at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview or contact our HR team so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all the feedback we receive helps us to improve what we do.

If you would be happy to talk to us please do get in touch with our HR team on 0121 522 7111.

Stressful
Mental Health Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby3 February 2020
Long Hours, with not much support. High risk work load. Working with vulnerable adults on a one to one basis. 24 hour service working weekends and bank holidays
7 February 2020

Thank you for your feedback about your time with us at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and we use all feedback received to help us improve what we do.

Rethink Mental Illness

Very busy work load but friendly environment
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands23 January 2020
Rethink is a Charity and as such there were alot of budget cuts that meant that my department were really short staffed. As such I felt under alot of pressure to perform which adversely affected my work life balance
Pros
great team
Cons
Heavy work load
28 January 2020

Thank you for your feedback about your time here at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do.

If your face fits
Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Doncaster19 January 2020
I worked at Rethink for many years in various roles. It was good for the 1st few years but then management staryed to slowly change and long standing work colleagues left due to the harsh treatment by management. Others were forced out due to having mental health problems themselves. Several members of staff were sacked as they had become obstacles for the management as they didn't agree with the way the charity was operating and becoming unsafe for the staff and service users.
28 January 2020

We’re sorry to hear about your experiences here at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview or contact our HR team so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do.

Management!!
Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Shipley lodge heanor19 January 2020
Place is lovely however if you are not friends with managers then you will be pushed Out! Claim you are not qualified enough and Use your own mental health to bully you out of the job. Managers get you to do there jobs for them and are lazy.
28 January 2020

Thank you for your feedback, we’re sorry to hear about your experiences here at Rethink Mental Illness. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete an exit interview so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do.

Rethink Mental Illness

Over all good to work for
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  Wells, Somerset13 January 2020
Over all good to work for, but manager was incongruent.
Client base for the most part we're supported well.
Staff could have had better training in mental health
15 January 2020

Thank you for your feedback about your time here at Rethink. All feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do, so we really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Fantastic
Friendly people (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 January 2020
Great people to work with. I had a good training both internally and externally. The staff are encouraging and helping. Everything is well documented and up to date
10 January 2020

Thank you for your positive words about your time here at Rethink. All feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do, so we really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Wonderful Charity
Resourcing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands7 January 2020
I really enjoy working at Rethink Mental Illness, I work with a wonderful team and have a supportive line manager.
There is a lot of positive change happening within the Charity at the moment which is exciting to be part off.
I'd recommend Rethink as a good employer to anyone interested in working in Mental Health.

Rethink Mental Illness

Terrible culture, from top down.
Staff (Former Employee) –  England24 December 2019
The organisation was dysfunctional and focused on internal management relationships. Nepotism was rife. Poor client outcomes and out dated practice, more suited to the 1980s style of care. It felt Revenue based rather than outcome based. Full of hot air but no tangible outcomes. A provider of services rather that a campaigning charity. AVOID.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Bullying and nepotism
8 January 2020

We’re sorry to hear about your experiences here at Rethink, as you know we ask all leavers to complete an exit interview so that we can gather any feedback and address any concerns and issues. We would encourage you if you haven’t already, to complete the interview or contact our HR team to discuss further. We do get lots of positive feedback from our leavers too, and all feedback we receive is used to help us improve what we do.

Rethink Mental Illness

Gravesend was a good environment
Mental Health Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Gravesend26 November 2019
Doing the floating support for rethink was the best job I had. If I had stayed it would have been interesting to see where I ended up.

The team at the Gravesend office were really good people and worked as i feel a team should do. Supporting each other but not getting in each others way.

Great Team
Volunteer Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Gravesham District, Kent7 November 2019
The only agency where I felt that I fitted in, been different and from another background really help service users, I could use my 4 languages to support service users and make a difference
Pros
You can rely on your team
Cons
Not enough money in comparison of responsability

Rethink Mental Illness

Genuine company that employs genuine people
Reach Mental Health Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Reach, UK7 November 2019
It's the best company I have worked with, I feel empowered and valued. I do make a difference and I learn everyday.
I become surprised about the strength of the clients and staff

Great place to work.
Mental Health Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire27 October 2019
Varied work with a close team who support each other, ongoing training and support always available. Supportive management who respect your experience and knowledge

Terrible
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Heanor, Derbyshire24 October 2019
Management are awful. They have no clue about mental health issues. Manager rude and dismissive. Deputy doesn't even want to speak to other professionals. Speak to staff inappropriately. The staff who aren't management are friendly. Night staff have been known to sleep, when its should be waking nights.
All talk, no action
Mental Health Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 October 2019
Management lazy and not bothered about Birmingham even though it is the second largest city in UK. Over the past 10 years or so Rethink have closed a lot of services. They can't blame funding as other charities and organisations have managed to keep some of their current services running and even get funding for new services in Birmingham.
The Charity has noble aims but its business model is out of date.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2019
RMIs front line and delivery teams are good. However the management are remote, trigger happy when it comes to reorganisation and seem to be undecided about the direction of the business. RMI are losing market share to competitors and seemingly have no real handle on why that is.

It hurts to say it but avoid this organisation
Follow all instructions and keep updated with all computer online courses offered
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Harrow22 September 2019
Enjoyed the work my colleagues and the clients at Rethink. Unfortunately someone I my family was mentally ill and as usual, employers (all, not just Rethink), need you to focus on your job first.
Gone downhill
Mental Health Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire27 July 2019
My first few years were brilliant, but the last few years were horrendous, top heavy with management, restructure after restructure, terrible pay for what you put up with mainly may I add from management, no way to work your way up the ladder. Starting at 8am in the morning and not finishing until 9pm or later. Terrible
Good place to start if new to mental health
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Heanor, Derbyshire23 May 2019
Useless inductions, long long dbs process. As I waited 2 months for dbs, I then found out the manager had not even sent it off. Night staff, go to sleep. When should be awake. Some staff had two jobs and used the waking night positions at night to sleep. Management have no interest in the staff, no job fulfillment but easy money if that's how you like to work. Took
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No advancement in positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rethink Mental Illness. Our community is ready to answer.