Resource Staffing Employee Reviews

Bad staffing for jobs
Model Home Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX16 April 2019
Was hired about 5 weeks ago to work for new home builders to be a model attendant, but have not been assigned to any jobs at all since hired!! DON"T APPLY FOR THIS POSITION!!! Was lied to and won't be enough hours to live on. Poor Management
Pros
Local
Cons
A temporary agency that cares about its people
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX5 April 2019
My tenure was short, but I still appreciate the recruiters and always will. They provided with a wonderful opportunity and when it was time for me to move on to something permanent they were happy for me.
Pros
Great recruiting team
Cons
None that I can think of
The job I had it was temporary.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR4 April 2019
This job was my first experience I had in my job and it was really short time to get my experience but I wanted to work little longer but it was only for 3 months but it was great start. I worked in werahouse that I was packing the medications.
Avoid their EZ Tag Data Entry job
Data entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Transcore3 April 2019
Don't normally write reviews but my experience was so terrible.

Ignore the supposed times of the job and use the mandatory overtime hours. They're pretty much going to always be in mandatory overtime. Except for people first there in the initial data entry position you'll likely be required to work at least Saturday as well and possibly Sunday.

I can pretty much promise you, you don't want to be doing data entry at 5:30 in the morning.

The working spaces are definitely not ergonomic. The chairs provided are cheap and of poor quality. The computer monitors are definitely on the small side, as well as positioned very far below eye level. You do not want to spend 8 hours a day in this environment, let alone the required 10 hours.

You'll be getting license plates and entering their numbers and state from EZTag camera photos. Can be difficult to read which will slow you down. They want a minimum of 650 images per hour. That's about 5.5 seconds per image. They will come around and point out how fast you're going multiple times a day. Whatever the intent, the truth is it just creates a toxic environment.

If you're desperate for something short term, don't say you weren't warned.
Pros
A paycheck?
Cons
Hours, environment, equipment, short breaks, mandatory overtime, negative effect on quality of life
Unprofessional, micro managing, and favoritism
Image Review Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX26 March 2019
A typical work day would be typing in license plate of cars who pass the EZ tag without having one. Simple enough, however you have to enter a certain amount every day. I was told 600 plates a day. So you need to be able to type fast. or the manager will throw a fit. You can listen to music while work but oh god if you look at your phone they fuss. The Manager working clearly has favorites.There was a girl would come up to his desk every 30 minutes. they would laugh and talk. while if you talk to your neighbor he fusses. The mandatory overtime was ridiculous. it was random the manager had no idea when we would get one and when it would end. Overall I would recommend staying here pass 3 month. work here if you need quick money. Other wise don't even bother. There are other things you can do
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no benefits, mandatory overtime, terrible management
Great staff, very helpful
Model Home Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX18 March 2019
I worked in Model Homes and homes already built and ready to be sold. I greeted clients and answered their questions about the purchasing process. Also helped them pick out brick or stone and many other things for their new home. I enjoyed forming relationships with these people who are making a huge life time decision.
Pros
flexible
Cons
contract position
Intense Environment. Unprofessional.
Resource Staffing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX25 February 2019
I would have believed Resource Staffing was a credible and professional agency. However, there are many reasons why this company will not succeed in finding the "right-fight". I heard of Resource Staffing through a family member who had an "experience", after curiosity I applied and interviewed as well and statements were true. Management is unprofessional. The business is ran by a whole family and their close friends. The executive team promise a position in the beginning to lure you in when you are down and after the "promise-time" comes for a temp to hire transition, they push back months and eventually push you to quit or fire you for any reason. I was never late, I never called out on a random day, I never received bad feedback from my work. This company is not a good fit for mature adults seeking professional opportunities. You spend your day being micro-managed by your lead all while dealing with your leads constant "life break-downs". It was a very distracting, hostile and pushy environment. Knowing I had to return day after day to deal with bad management was stressful. Rules only applied to you but fades away for family and friend co-workers working for Resource Staffing. The staff take everything personal rather than professional. It is a brother and sister ran environment they but heads and seek two different outcomes so just imagine your position when your employed. I honestly wish the best of luck to those offered the position because I know from experience it is an absolute waste of time and growth. I removed myself from applying to "actual" positions because  more... of promise for stability and growth and I now realize it was a mistake. I have credible references and great work experience and I even as a professional could not take the unprofessionalism here. Best of luck to those searching for a position with Resource Staffing.  less
Pros
no pros.
Cons
Unprofessional, un-logical, bad management, stressful, micromanaged
Do not apply ***bad staffing agency*** warning
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 February 2019
Very bad staffing agency. Not worth time or money. Bad management. All ratings here are from staff and family members. Horrible actual reviews. No good or stable positions. They run through applicants for whatever reason. They over-judge the way you look and will not hire you if you are not up to their standards. If your hair is not straight enough they're bound to fire you. Run down office. They constantly throw parties for whatever occasion all while interviewing. If its a new season they throw an office party while working, if someone changed their hair color they throw parties. Very unprofessional. Management constantly has melt downs in front of staff. Too much partying and crying from this place. Please do not waste your time!!!!
Cons
Bad management, Terrible staff, Unprofessional, Constant meltdowns
No place for adults to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX5 October 2018
I was placed at transcore just like one reviewer stated it’s modern day slavery. I was placed on bata project and got crosstrained on hctra program. The management is so poor one day they say we can work it next day we can’t. Then they will give you a document that states you don’t have to work the other program that they still will pay you less on but if you leave you will get fired. The night shift is a straight joke the manager jamar has people he will laugh with while they don’t do work but continue to stay on others. They will fire you for cellphones but jamar has his picks who constantly stay watching videos on their phone. This place is a joke
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Very satisfied with the process!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX27 July 2018
This is my first time going through a staffing agency, they have made the process easy. I am currently on a temp-to-hire contract with decent pay!

The process from interview to starting the position was relatively fast (1 week after interview I got a phone call with a job offer). My current position is very enjoyable, and I hope I can move to permanent status soon!
Pros
Fast process, Good pay rate
Cons
Contract positions are somewhat stressful
Stable company, great team to work with, always learning new skills
Corporate Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX14 March 2018
I have been with Resource Staffing for approx. five (5) years. I learn new skills every day. I enjoy the office environment and enjoy speaking with our wonderful associates we have working for us.
Pros
Office staff who cares about our associates
Cons
Privately held
fast work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 February 2018
They were always actively searching for a job match. I was lucky and got a job the next day after my placement test. The staff was friendly. I enjoyed the work
Pleasant environment
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX4 January 2018
• Collected/scanned files for on-site/off-site filing and storage
• Received and transmitted documents between projects, clients, and contractors through Document Management System
NO place to grow stuck at 1 place same pay
Residential Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX2 January 2018
Was not a happy camper here but worked very hard and was always requested to return by sales agents. The only one moving up is management, Not a fair company to work for.
Great Place to work
Temporary/Contract Assignments (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 December 2017
I've been working for this company for the past 3 years and I love it. I have a great placement coordinator who is always there with positive feed back.
Unable to provide enough work to sustain my staying
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TX19 December 2017
They would not call me for a job order for weeks at a time. But would call when they needed holiday coverage or a job that took an hour to get to and for only 2-3 hours. Pay was enough to cover my time nor travel expense.
Pros
No Pros on this one
Cons
Poor Management
A Great Job to Have
Host/Hostess (TEMP) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX18 December 2017
A typical day at work was making sure everything was ready for our visitors. Making sure lights and doors were unlocked and property clean. Water/Drinks filled and trash can clean. I learned daily how to improve a tour and what to add and what not to. Management is always great because I keep things in order and detailed. Workplace Culture is awesome. The harvested part of the job is leaving the home daily :) it's just a pleasant feeling working in model homes feels like home. The most enjoyable part of the job and making the visitors clients. To see them find dream homes and making their part of this easy
Pros
Making visitors glad that they stopped by
Cons
Nothing that I can think of
Great opportunity
Model Home Greeter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 7707014 December 2017
Resource staffing is a great opportunity if you can connected with a good staffing person. Some of the individuals in charge are very unorganized and that is unfortunate because you have to rely on them for you staffing assignment instructions
productive work place
Student Ins (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX26 August 2017
they sent me on a temp assignment working data entry and entering demographics into the system enjoyed working there the people were nice the assignment was short. would have liked the assignment to be longer.
Pros
sent to good companys
Cons
short assignments
easy
Host (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX12 August 2017
The work is easy as long as you are good with people and also with people telling you no a million times. It's a laid back environment just be sure to read and follow all instructions provided

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Resource Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.