Rentokil Initial

Rentokil Initial Employee Reviews

United Kingdom496 reviews
First class sales academy. Expert teaching and knowledge. Huge customer base. FTSE 100 company ever evolving and expanding their portfolio across several divisional businesses under the Rentokil umbrella. Opportunites for progression is endless
Pros
Commision structure
Cons
Work life balance
Don't waste your time. Work load far exceeds anyone's capability. Money not worth it. Management don't care and don't listen, they just want the work done regardless. No morale and everyone is fed up with job
Pros
Cons
Excessive work load
Work at rentokil for one yes is was OK at first then the work was on and on week away from home sleeping in the van and working for 40 with no sleep but staff r nice but some maneger just what you to work 24 7 and on call good luck
Pros
Saving money
Cons
No home life
Working for Rentokil initial was good the wages were ok not the best how ever constantly pushed for sales to achieve bonus which I never had trouble getting my only issue was the branch manager there was no support from him what so ever especially with him running Leeds and haydock branch I was not the only other member of staff who thought that also he would go thru a phase of trying to target certain member of staff as if ur face didn’t fit in the company
Pros
Manage own routes, meet some great people and decent work colleagues
Cons
No support from branch manager
This line of work is certainly for the Male of the species. They do not like newbies and the management offer no help if your having difficulties with a job and no one to turn to if you need to discuss personal matters. They like to push you on sales targets though.
Pros
Job rate of pay, able to manage your own workload for the day
Cons
Lack of support
I have been here for a few months now and its a great place to work. It is a very friendly company with great support given by management and the team. There is a good work/ life balance and you are trusted to do your job without any micro management.
Pros
Good work life balance and a great team to work with
Cons
Friendly and supportive company to work for. You get to build great relationships internally and externally. Good development programme if you want to progress within the company.
Pros
Plan your own workload
Cons
As with any company & the positions within there are expectations, demands absolute & opportunities. For me Rentokil is the company that gave me an education second to none, an insight into greater depths of knowledge, and a company I would work for & with again at the very first opportunity! It is, like anything in life, what you choose to make of it- in short, reach for something greater!
Pros
A fair day’s pay for a fair day’s work.
Cons
Only those you apply to the role you choose.
Probably the most unorganized company this side of the planet. I only worked for them for about 4 months.
Week 1) supervisor sacked for work neglect.

Week 2) found a customer bleeding out in toilets.

Week 6) finally meet manager, tells me cleaning rotas are all wrong.

Week 8) get new supervisor

Week 10) get new manager

Lack of sleep, over worked & under paid, completing jobs that I wasn't being paid for (not part of contract)

It goes on.
Pros
It's paid work
Cons
Everything else
absolutely loved my time at rentokil-initial management are amazing always there to help you, kind and caring people,was like a family, plenty of opportunities to progress within the company.. All courses are paid for by the company.
Was a very hard decision to leave and really didn't want too, but due to health problems I had no choice..
I loved working for rentokil. I got my nvq level 2 with them and went from a pot washer to chef. I made lifelong friends there and learned along the way
Very Corporate place to work. We were taken over by Rentokil in 2015 and our existing company has been slowly eroded away. If you come from a corporate background you will love it.
17 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are surprised that you feel this way about Rentokil Initial as we see ourselves as a hardworking, driven but relaxed company with a great team atmosphere.

There are many reviews on here that speak about the friendly nature of Rentokil Initial, from the people in the field to the directors. If you stop any of our directors, they will likely have a good chat with you, not necessarily about work!

We tend to find that the colleagues who join us from non-corporate backgrounds enjoy working here the most and I would like to encourage people from every background who has our values at heart to apply to us. Thanks again.

Marketing Manager
As a pest control technician your are expected to do to much in to little time. No work life balance, expected to work overtime all the time. Management is poor quality and don’t care about staff and just care about the work being carried out and how many jobs are done in a day. The apprenticeship scheme is new and not thought out very well as you are getting pushed to carry all this work while going on courses and Having to carry out other apprenticeship work. Good parts of the job are meeting people on sites and other technicians.
20 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, although we are concerned by the score you have given us.

As a Rentokil Pest Control Technician, you get to meet and build relationships with a lot of people, we are glad that you enjoy this part of your role. We are also pleased that you work well with your fellow colleagues as we are constantly encouraging teamwork within branches to keep our customers happy.

We appreciate that this position is fast-paced and is often demanding. We offer the best pest control service in the UK and our customers naturally expect very high standards. We therefore expect our technicians to work hard, whilst being given the right support from their line manager, their trainers and their colleagues. The vast majority of our technicians enjoy the daily challenge and the pace of work, culminating in our ‘#1 Top-Rated Place to Work in the UK Private Sector 2019’ win, presented by Indeed.

Overtime is paid and there will be busier and quieter periods throughout the year. If the work level becomes too much at any stage, we do suggest discussing your workload with your line manager.

If you have already discussed these concerns and you are not receiving the support that is required, you are welcome to contact us on: feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com to give details about your concerns, we may then be able to rectify your concerns, dependent on the situation.

Our apprenticeship programme received a ‘good’ Ofsted rating at our last inspection in November 2019. The team in place to deliver the apprenticeship programme puts a great deal of effort
 - more...
Started a year ago . Good days and bad days as every week changes with service frequencies. Once you know your route and get a pattern to your work makes it easier. Was difficult at first but now so much easier . Can call branch for advice and help. Meet many different people and many new places. Can work around my family.
9 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. I can imagine that you have all sorts of challenges throughout the working week, which hopefully you enjoy in your role. If you struggled to begin with then well done for sticking at it and trusting your supporting management and trainers! It sounds like you have a great support network around you, as well as a great work/life balance. Thanks again.

Marketing Manager
I have been with initial for 18 months and have learnt a great deal with them I have good working hours and the management are great and understanding and considerate to your needs
9 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. It sounds like your management staff are looking after you really well. You must be an excellent fit for our company and I am sure you will continue to learn with us. Keep up the good work!

Marketing Manager
Good company to work for. Early finishes are welcome and easy to achieve. The wages are quite good but this can be bettered with achievable bonuses which I get on a regular basis
9 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. It sounds like you have a great work/life balance and I'm sure you appreciate the opportunity to increase your pay packet because of your job performance. These rewards aren't going away so continue to make the most of these!

Marketing Manager
I started with Rentokil Pest Control 7 months ago as an environmental graduate. The training was great being out with a technician learning the practicality of the job and building relationships with the people who are out in the field doing the jobs and servicing the sites.

Being a part of the market leaders in the Pest control sector you are given great training (BPCA accreditations), good support throughout the training period.

The management in Northern Ireland branch are great as well as the rest of the staff. They supported myself and another new start very well and I learn from them every day.

I have no real problems only the fact that they should specify the role of a surveyor is more of a salesman than "Graduate Scientist".
9 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. There is no better way to gain the industry knowledge, build relationships within the business and grow your confidence than starting as a technician, which is why we start all of our graduates in this role to begin with.

Your training sounds excellently delivered and well done on gaining your BPCA qualifications! It sounds as if you have a great team with you in Northern Ireland. We will take on board your comments about the position advertising and pass these onto the recruitment team.

Marketing Manager
I've worked for the company for 6 months now, during which I've seen our old company transitioned into initial rentokil, and its come on leaps and bounds, the job prospects are fantastic always a chance to progress within the company you get out of the company what you put in!
Pros
Great progression within the company
Cons
New routes can be challenging, but thats the same in any job
9 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. I'm so pleased that you have enjoyed working with us so far. Things will only get better for you if you work hard and show the care for our customers that I am sure you already do. There will be opportunities to increase your grading, take on more responsibility and potentially a chance to move into a leadership role in the future!

I hope you enjoy the challenge and the variety that a new route can give you. Keep up the good work!

Marketing Manager
Bullying managers,No experience management,the whole company is based on bullying.no a good company to work for.training is good.companey van.phone.pda.
10 March 2020
Thank you for raising your concerns with us, we treat the subject of bullying very seriously and take immediate action in situations where bullying has taken place.

We would like to hear from you in detail about the instances where you feel you have been bullied so we can investigate further. We have a confidential email address for you to contact us on: feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com.

We have no evidence of widespread bullying throughout our company, many of the reviews we have on here speak about the enjoyable and fair work environment we provide. These positive reviews have led to us being voted the ‘#1 Top-Rated Place to Work in the Private Sector 2019’ by Indeed themselves. We also made the top 20 on Glassdoor’s list of ‘Best Places to Work 2020.’

We have held a company-wide, anonymous survey sent to all colleagues at the end of 2019, in which we received the highest response level yet and overall received some excellent feedback on colleagues’ line manager approval and job engagement scores are high. Furthermore, our retention rate is continuing to increase each year as we look to further improve the training people receive when starting and the opportunities for our people to progress with us.

We do understand your view of our company is dependent on those who work directly with you, your team is a really important part of being satisfied with your company.

Thank you also for highlighting the positives of our work environment, we are constantly looking at ways to improve the training we give to our employees. We hope to learn more from you soon.

Dave Hall,
 - more...
I do enjoy being a driver, as you can earn more with sales/leads and overtime.
But the basic salary isn't very good, although they do put you through level 1, 2 and 3 and you can keep progressing.

I worked in the warehouse too and 2 of the staff just dony want to know you.
Pros
Work -life is great and you can progress
Cons
Wages
9 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. There are many ways to earn more as a Service Driver with us - branch bonuses and incentives as well as what you have mentioned. I am glad that you are making the most of these benefits! When combined with the benefits on offer, we hope you are satisfied with your overall payslip each month.

The grading system you have mentioned is an excellent way to gain more responsibility in the team and increase your salary as well. As for the two colleagues in the warehouse, I would keep trying to talk to and involve them, they might gain more confidence in the future. Thanks again.

Marketing Manager
Horrible job cleaning women’s sanitary bins, management absolutely clueless, all they care about is getting the work off of their computer and overloading the drivers. I’ve never seen so many staff come and go, it’s unreal.They don’t give a toss about the health risks despite all the blurb they come out with, steer clear of this dump, for your own sanity.
Pros
Cons
The whole job is one big con.
3 March 2020
Thank you for leaving us a review, I take note of your views.

The job clearly wasn’t for you. We try hard to make sure candidates get a good understanding of the job at the interview stage and on the field day offered to all candidates, but in your case, we unfortunately didn’t manage to do that.

I regret that you had a bad experience with the company and remain grateful for the hundreds of long-serving colleagues that go out every day and give our customers great service.

Thank you again for sharing your views with us.

Brian Lynggaard, Operations Director. Initial Washroom Hygiene