Rentokil Initial Employee Reviews

Very good company to work for.
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Kent2 December 2019
I have done a customer service apprenticeship with Rentokil initial and it was tough at the beginning but the staff and my assessor was so helpful and always asked how it was going and was at the end of the phone or email if i ever needed any help.

The company is very high standards on customer service so they ensure we excel in everything to do with customer service.

Great company to work for and excellent support from peers and management in the company.
Rewarding Job for those looking to get what they put in
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  London29 November 2019
Rentokil is an enjoyable company to work for. They are happy to spend money on training and development of staff and are always looking to promote from within. As a field sales surveyor, you are given space to plan and book your own appointments and the opportunity to earn a good commission when targets are met or exceeded. The company is top of the industry and products and services such as Pest connected technology are market-leading or exclusive to the company.
2 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. It is right that we are investing in the training and coaching of staff all the way through our colleagues' careers with us, it means they develop into individuals ready to be promoted and able to carry out a good performance level in a role with more responsibilities.

Thank you for mentioning our industry-leading products and services, we will continue to look to develop the products we have and how well we can deliver a service to our customers. Thanks again.

Developing Aspiring Staff
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 November 2019
Recently returned from an aspiring development course last week, the company really work hard and focus on ensuring colleagues who have potential can participate in this course and training those who work hard and aspire for progression. There were 4 courses running simultaneously to help different stages and skills of those involved. Though it was an intense few days, it was informative and will require additional work & field support for the roles you're interested in. Training and developing current staff is second to none! I've worked in a few different roles in my time in Rentokil to help my progression and my management team have supported this and recommended me for roles that I didn't even think I'd be good at to help me move on through the business.
2 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. Your aspiring development course sounds really interesting and it must be so useful to take what you've learned in the classroom out into the field.

To reach higher levels of management in the company, you need a wide knowledge base and part of our challenge is to prepare future managers for the challenges they face by exposing them to as many areas of the business as possible. I wish you the best of luck with your career with us.

Great place to wlrk
Pest control technician (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside28 November 2019
Rentokil is a great place to work for and they support you all the way through your training. Always being pushed by managers and friendly, competitive competitions with your colleagues.
29 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. It sounds like you're really enjoying being pushed to your full potential here and I expect you're discovering more about yourself on your journey with us. The incentives are a great way to gain extra earnings and rewards for the work you do so keep targeting those! There will also continue to be training courses open to you as you develop with us.

Fantastic Place to Work
Pest technician (Current Employee) –  Mancheter28 November 2019
Rentokil is a great place to work with great management, continuous development and good benefits. It is a stress free, friendly environment to work in.
29 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We appreciate your comments towards the friendly environment, the benefits and the development on offer to you. A great manager above you can be really important in times of need so I'm glad to hear you receive the right amount of support. Thanks again.

Great Company
Sales Surveyor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 November 2019
Excellent company to work for, lots of benefits and room to progress. Apprenticeship program and trainers all work hard on your personal development. The basic salary in all roles is lower than it should be; however in all roles there are opportunities to make uncapped commission which can in theory double your salary. Once you move into a management role there is more flexibility which allows a good work life balance. The company will provide you with the career to develop and progress.
29 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. It must be really nice to have people from different angles caring about your personal development with us.

I think the basic salary of our roles reflects the variable pay opportunities there are through bonuses, incentives, commission and lots of other ways we pay you. It gives you more control over what you can earn and you are rewarded for a job well done.

There are many opportunities across the company to progress in a way that suits your skillset, all you need to do is perform in your current job to be noticed. Keep up the good work.

Marketing Manager

Great company and great role
Apprenticeship Assessor (Current Employee) –  Nationwide25 November 2019
Rentokil is a great company to work for, having been with the company for almost 3 years I have completed outstanding training. Alongside my job is the apprenticeship program which is great. Throughout the 12 months I was on the apprenticeship scheme (customer service practitioner L2) I learnt a lot about the organisation and about customer service that I never thought I knew. Once I completed the 12 month apprenticeship scheme I was then able to become an apprenticeship assessor which means I can help new technicians in the business which are currently on the apprenticeship program not just that but you are also there to mentor. I love being an apprenticeship assessor and would like to progress within my role, it is a really good role, I would advise people to take a look at the role and apply.
29 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a five-star review. Thank you also for the praise on our training, our training staff give their all to coach and support those entering our company. They are backed up by an industry-leading training institute and all they require to get the best out of our new colleagues.

You must have shown great enthusiasm in the Apprenticeship scheme to receive that role so well done to you and good luck with your new role.

Marketing Manager

Great experience, where you don't feel like a number.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scotland25 November 2019
What an amazing place to work!
I started working here after working for a couple of companies that just didn't have the best of working environments so, I was a bit weary when I started here. I didn't need to be, and within a short period of time, my concerns were soon alleviated. I love working here! I won't lie, you work hard but you have such fun while working that it doesn't feel like work.
If I can stay here for my career then I will, because there are so many opportunities I'm sure I will be able to.
29 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review, it's amazing to read your opening sentence! Particularly considering your previous experiences, I'm really happy for you that we've bucked the trend and are a great fit for you.

I think it is very fair to say that we're a hardworking company and there are lots of demands for your day, but with around 200 internal promotions alone in the UK per year, there is always the opportunity for future progression. Keep up the good work.

Marketing Manager

Fantastic place to work with fantastic people
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  North West25 November 2019
Fantastic place to work with fantastic people and a real family feel. We have real family values here and we all work hard and play hard with lots of innovations of products and services to sell to our customers. Our customers are really important to us. We are target driven but all linked to pay and rewards. Every day is different and lots of internal and external qualifications available to all.
29 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. The 'family' word is used a fair amount in these reviews and is clearly evident across the different branches throughout the country. The level of customer care is really important to us so thank you for showing that care in your role. Keep making use of the courses we provide to build your skill levels.

Marketing Manager

Really enjoyable work and the friendliest workplace
Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosyth, Fife25 November 2019
My first couple of months at Rentokil Initial have been really enjoyable; my manager and team have been fantastic at helping me learn all aspects of the job and have made me feel so welcome. I've settled in really quickly and I'm really excited to immerse myself even further into my recruitment role. It's an extremely friendly company which I couldn't recommend more highly!
29 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. Isn't it so nice to say that you're enjoying your work environment? I'm really glad you've settled into the company so quickly. I wish you the best of luck with your first year in the company, there is so much more to learn in your next few months.

Marketing Manager

Challenging and fulfilling place to work
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom25 November 2019
I've been working in Rentokil Initial's Pest Control Division for the last 2 and half years, as part of their Graduate Management Scheme. As part of this scheme so far I have been a Service Technician, Surveyor and now Product Marketing Manager. Each of these roles have seen me learning and developing a wealth of skills and knowledge such as; pest biology, integrated pest management, customer service (through a Customer Service Apprenticeship), selling techniques, costings and margins, forecasting, presenting to large groups, and finally marketing (a skill I never thought I would develop as part of this scheme).

That long list of self development is a testament to the excellent training programmes Rentokil has to offer and their continuous investment in colleague progression.

I would recommend RI to any hard working individual who is willing to get stuck in and work as part of a team.
29 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. I expect you have an excellent knowledge of our business after working in three very different departments in Rentokil Pest Control. It must be really nice to experience how each part of the business runs and to make an impact in different ways.

People often surprise themselves in our company at what they achieve, thank you for encouraging others to take the plunge into our award-winning recruitment process.

Marketing Manager

Fast paced and varied environment with an employer that values staff
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands25 November 2019
The work is fast paced and varied and can at times be demanding, however there is a strong culture of recognition and reward. The organisation places a huge emphasis on the learning and development of staff and has comprehensive programs in place to support and aid this.

I truly believe the organisation cares and values its employees and has a number of initiatives available with regard to health & wellbeing.

The most enjoyable part of the role is being in a position to make a difference on a daily basis. I genuinely wake up each day and look forward to going to work.
29 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We invest a great deal into the training of our staff and are constantly looking at ways we can better support our colleagues. This level of care is supported by how much focus is given towards health and safety as we continue to push down our world-class low accident rate.

I am so glad you enjoy coming into work and we appreciate your hard work, keep it up!

Fast-paced, Demanding and Fun
PR & Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey25 November 2019
A great family culture and an exciting place to work. No two days are the same for me and my role is continually evolving, so there is certainly no opportunity to rest on my laurels.

I am excited to go to work (most days) and I find there is a great support network around me and always colleagues around to challenge my thinking and to bounce ideas off.

Almost seven years and there is no sign of a 'seven year itch!' yet.
28 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. Wishing you a happy 7th work anniversary! I'm glad you enjoy the challenges in your day job after nearly seven years with us and I am sure those challenges will keep coming - as you know, we never stand still as a business.

An environment where you feel comfortable to bounce ideas is really important in your line of work, I expect the results are better because of the supportive and sharing environment.

Here's to another seven years!

Stressful job
Territorial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodford Green23 November 2019
Stressful environment. You're just a number. No validation and constant goal movement. The hours are long and the pressure is high. I wouldn't recommend.
25 November 2019

Thank you for leaving a review on working for Rentokil Initial and we are sorry to hear that you wouldn't recommend us to other job seekers.

There are very few companies that would take as much of an interest in their employees as we do. Our Sales Consultants receive 6 weeks of structured classroom, field and online training and constant support from their Sales Manager in their first year, through one-to-ones, days selling together and extra coaching on specific situations. There are also many other forms of support if required from sales trainers, senior team members and a whole host of support services.

We are a hardworking business and job seekers should be aware of this. They should also know that many of our Sales Consultants have been with us for a number of years and speak highly of the flexibility in their role to give the work/life balance they require.

I am surprised by the comment of goal movement, as we are very clear on what is required for our targets, bonuses and incentives within the role. Changes to the scheme very rarely take place outside of an annual review without a good reason for change in a personal situation.

We'd like to hear more about your specific situation and the events that have led you to feel this way. You can contact us on this confidential email address, feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

HR Manager

Terrible company
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  North London, Greater London20 November 2019
It’s not about pest control, it’s about hitting KPI’s.
Work/life balance is poor.
Managers treat you as a number.
Always mistakes with wages.
Morale is very low.
Turnover of staff is high.
Says it all really
25 November 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review and we are sorry to learn you are having a negative experience whilst working for us.

This is a surprising review to receive when compared to the positive reviews we have received recently, particularly the high turnover of staff and low morale as we are often receiving reviews discussing the great team atmosphere and the high amount of personal support you receive from your manager. Overall, our staff retention within Rentokil Pest Control is comparatively high for our industry.

We do include KPIs as part of the job which allows you to track how you are performing against expectations. There are plenty of rewards in place for surpassing expectations and these KPIs are very much structured around providing a high level of service to our customers.

In this industry, our customers are often dealing with urgent issues that require immediate attention, which can mean some busy periods in your job role. There is paid overtime available and, during the course of the year, your workload should balance out. Other technicians' reviews have spoken about their positive work/life balance whilst working with us.

We'd like to hear more about your situation; we're very concerned about the issues with your wages, the lack of personal support and the issues with morale you are seeing within the team. Please contact us on a confidential email address, feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com to tell us more about your specific situation. I look forward to your contact.

HR Manager

pressured to achieve but good team where i work
Service team leader (Current Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire31 October 2019
enjoy working here , very pressured and have a good team to work with . Disappointing wage but the staff are great to work with. Have lots of variety within my role and not always office based , able to meet customers and spend time with engineers in the field
18 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really glad you enjoy the job and I'm sure this enthusiasm rubs off on your performance at work! That balance between time at work in the field makes the day go faster.

The work environment is all about providing an excellent level of customer service, which can make the job pressured at times, it's right to point this out to job seekers who might be considering working for us. The salary package is what you make of it, whether it be topped up with bonuses, leads commission or cashback and other benefits. You will very often earn more than your basic salary with us. Thanks again.

Previous employee
CASH ALLOCATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands16 October 2019
Lovely place to work, friendly staff. Clean. Free hot drinks. Separate canteen area.
Training and support provided. High moral within the team. Team building events. Great structure. Management was fabulous.
18 October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The Dudley office has a teamwork-led atmosphere and I'm really pleased you enjoyed this atmosphere whilst working with us. I'm sure the management team will be happy to read those comments.

I wish you good luck for the future.

Productive, satisfying and fulfilling
Branch Secretary, at Rentokil Pest Control Ltd (Former Employee) –  Pest Control Chelmsford26 September 2019
The work was always varied and continuously busy. The job satisfaction was immense. I made a grave mistake resigning and moving to Dynokil and wish I had never left.
27 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your time and I'm also sorry to hear that you left. I am sure there will be an opportunity to rejoin in the future if you wish to, watch our vacancies at rentokil-initial.co.uk if you like. Thanks again.

Rentokill opportunities
Rentokil surveyor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen12 September 2019
While working at rentokil, it was clear that employees are the preferred option when filling jobs within the organisation. Since joining I have taken a promotion and received a fantastic level of training ensuring that rentokil staff are the premium pest control company in the uk and around the world.
17 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We put a lot of investment in developing our colleagues, which means we have people ready and waiting to be promoted in our organisation. This doesn't mean getting promoted is easy, it means you've performed strongly to set objectives and congratulations on your success so far! Good luck in your continued career with us.

Training
Technician (Current Employee) –  England12 September 2019
Rentokil four day residential training course very informative and a parts relevant to every day work that I carry out .Trainers know their subject and very enthusiastic.
16 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. Our trainers are heavily equipped to pass on their expert knowledge from their own time working either as a technician, a sales consultant or a manager within Rentokil Initial. They will most certainly appreciate the praise I'm really glad you took lots from the time spent in the classroom, out in the field and on our eLearning platform. Use this to your advantage in the field!

Marketing Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rentokil Initial. Our community is ready to answer.