Renfrewshire Leisure Employee Reviews

work placement
Sports Coach (Former Employee) –  Paisey17 September 2018
Was just work experience when I was young to get me the feel of having a job at an early age. took a lot from it as it gave me confidence to find full time work
Nice place friendly staff and clean place to work
Lifeguard/Leisure Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland22 June 2018
Was hear as work experience and I enjoyed it. Staff very friendly and helpful. It can be very warm when on pool side so I had to keep my brain active so that I didn’t fall asleep also was important for me to keep hydrated. Working on rotations was very good as you get the chance to sit in different positions
fun workplace
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire26 September 2017
this is a very fun place to work in, staff are really nice and make you feel welcoming. very large pool area so lots of space to swim. receptionists are very easy to speak to and direct you in the correct place all the time, gym is also really spacious which i enjoy.
Pros
good staff
fine
Swimming Teacher (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, Renfrewshire10 September 2017
i love the work however it is just the low hours that makes it much harder to support myself, also the centre I work in is very underfunded and I have been impaled by bits of tile.
Staff a friendly and inviting to work with
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Renfrewshire9 September 2017
The staff within the fitness and recrational centres on the while are a pleasure to work with. They are honest and hard working individuals prepared to go the extra to help out.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Organisational
good place to work
Leisure Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire9 January 2017
in my previous job, there was timescales for activities which had to be carried out within the allocated time. it was my responsibility to make sure previous activity was finished in time for the next activity and set up accordingly. I found this quite challenging as it was a very tight timescale and the next activity was a larger setup and a bigger group of participants waiting to start the class. if not carried out accordingly, this would lead to participants not getting a full class, moneys worth and also verbal and formal complaints to manager which would have an impact on myself and other work colleagues. at times I did feel under pressure to provide the service customers want and i asked other work colleagues for assistance, this made me feel like I accomplished the task in hand.
Pros
free gym
Great as Part Time
Pool Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  erskine1 December 2014
Great if your working towards another ambition, University, training for sporting events etc

As a full time job it can be incredibly boring!!!
Pros
Sport Leisure Uniform, and surrounded by active colleagues
Cons
Long Hours - mundane/boring
Fun place to work
Leisure Assistant/Gym Instructor (Current Employee) –  Victory Baths - Renfrew16 November 2014
Can be a good job for someone interested in being a lifeguard and dealing with the members of the public