Renfrewshire Council Employee Reviews

Renfrewshire council garage
Assisting mechanics (Current Employee) –  Renfrewshire6 April 2018
I really enjoyed this as I was getting loads of practical experience and developing my skills to work in a team.During my days work I shadow and work with trained mechanics to learn about the basics of health&safety and basic routine maintenance.
Pros
Learning the trade well
Mailroom Assistant
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley27 March 2018
During the time I was working with Renfrewshire council as a mailroom assistant, I only have positive things to say about the working environment in general, any and all enquiries I had was answered respectfully.
Clerical Assistant
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, Renfrewshire20 February 2018
Temp role through Brightwork. Took over 3 weeks to get access to any systems essential to do the job. Was there as a temp whilst looking for other work. Given one days notice to leave once perm candidate had been found. Brightwork knew nothing about this. total lack of communication or care from staff. Zero communication.
At the forefront of Need
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Paisley6 February 2018
*I Hit the ground running, in a diverse role of many guises and skills.
*I learned everything that brought me to my current pursuit of becoming an accredited psychotherapist. I could not have reached this place without the rich learning fields of local authority practice.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people; always the people. All ages across the chronological time line.

Management styles are never consistent. I have had the best, the mediocre and the worst.I learned from them all. No minute was without worth.
Pros
Development of skills and knowledge
Cons
Long hours. Fire Fighting.
Asset to Renfrewshire
CBS (Current Employee) –  Johnstone, Renfrewshire6 November 2017
Great employees but often management make poor decisions at ground level.
Communication from mamagement could be much better.
Dedicated employees who often go above and beyond for clients.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Very heavy workload
excellent council
ICT Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire9 October 2017
very good council to work for excellent salary flexible working hours training offered regularly good people to work with management are good well organised
Pros
flexi
Cons
no cons
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire5 October 2017
This is a great place to work if you don't mind an early start. 4 on 4 off rota is good as u get weekends off. You also get paid more for public holidays and annual leave is good.
Pros
Contract, 4 on 4 off rota
Cons
Early start
Ok
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Renfrewshire17 August 2017
Working for Renfrewshire Council is ok, however there continues to be additional work given to staff members with no additional payments for staff picking up work for staff that have left
Polling Clerk/Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Paisley27 July 2017
Assisting voters at polling station and makes you feel worthwhile in the overall process. Ensuring easy running of the long day and helping the public when needed
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Cash Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire27 July 2017
The council is a fast paced and demanding working environment however is very rewarding and the Customer Service team are great. There are options for advancement within the council.

Want to know more about Renfrewshire Council?

Ask a question
enjoyed work force
Cleaner part time (Former Employee) –  renfrewshire house16 June 2017
enjoyed working with the council staff were always friendly and they paid well i learned how to work machinery properly did a svq 2 management were always helpful all the staff got on with everyone they were so nice the hardest part was leaving i was sad the most enjoyable part of the job was the clients were happy with my work and everyone called you by your name
Pros
discount in the leisure
Cons
didnt get time to use it
Every day is a school day!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire12 June 2017
A typical day at work is very tiring!
You can be doing admin duties to first Aid and every day is different.
Management are approachable and usually accommodate your needs.
Hardest part of the job is trying to split yourself between all tasks although working in a school depending on situation the children come first!
I really enjoy having the balance of working in an office and having the experience of working with the children
Pros
School Holidays
Cons
Tiring!
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Paisley29 May 2017
Good place to work, employer who is keen for staff to develop and grow. Many interesting and excitiing prospects within organisation and always encouragement to progress
great hours and advancement opportunities
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire23 May 2017
Great hours and the chance to retrain in different services. In customer service and most positions at Cotton Street it's a really regular 9-5 schedule with a subsidised cafe on site for lunches as well as fridges and microwaves in the staff break room.
It was a rewarding job.
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire3 March 2017
I enjoyed working and helping the people I cared for on a day to day basis.I felt I made a difference to their quality of life.it allowed them to stay in their own homes.I enjoyed listening to their life stories and family occasions and taking care of their needs. I
Pros
Making a difference.
Cons
Sad times when you client passed away.
Too many cuts
HGV Driver (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire28 November 2016
Employed as a Hgv driver for waste services, not enough staff far too much work lots of staff off with work related stress, taking on temporary worked hard then paid off as there is no money. Poor management, senior management don't care about workers well being all about getting the bins off the streets, lack of uniforms, blame culture for chargehands and management, if it wasn't for the temporary workers praying to get kept on then lots more work would not get done, getting followed in a van by management, pulled in for anything small although zero praise given. Good money and terms hellish job with the cuts to budgets. And poor management.
Pros
Salary, pension, sickpay
Cons
Long hours, stressful, not enough staff, management
productive and fun workplace
Community Sports Coach (Former Employee) –  paisley2 October 2016
I gained a lot of experience and knowledge working here. My colleagues made each day enjoyable and looked forward to working each day. The management were very approachable and sorted out any queries fairly fast.
work
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Paisley9 July 2016
this job was the same as my current job I was in this as work experience and got a part tine job.ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.
Exemplar workplace
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Paisley4 February 2016
I honestly can't speak the unit I was at up enough. Fantastic team of people continued training and under a very hands on and approachable manager.
Good Satisfied working Team Environment
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Permanent to the Region of Renfrewshire20 January 2016
Working within a small team of Classroom Assistants with Teachers and Senior Management towards the goal of Allowing all children the Opportunity to access Curriculum Aid and Assistance where required to enhance their learning and abiltity, to support and encourage them to perform to their best ability within the class or in small groups, contributing and being active in their social skills towards others, supervision of their social interactions and emotonal and physical support where required.

I learned many things from this role in it's different forms in Primary and High School, from playing my part in an administrative capacity to being A support towards The General Wellbeing of each Pupil in the Class to which I was allocated.

I had very little dealing with Management, My first postion after training had a staff appraisal about threemonths in, where I got the opportunity to apply myself to the possibility of further traing and set some small goal targets.

I worked with a small team, where the working atmosphere was pleasant and enjoyable.

I loved this job so much I struggle to find the hard part, perhaps expectations at times, where time was short and prioritising duties was a matter of perception.

Everything about this Job made me career satisfied. I enjoyed seeing children of a varied range, enjoy their Education, try hard to reach their goals with encouragement, participate with others and being able to gain the respect of Pupils I worked with and their peers.
Pros
Working Hours