Remploy Management reviews

Do not ignore the bad reviews
Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Not disclosed31 July 2018
I did read the bad reviews before I took the job but ignored them to my peril. Bullying manager made my life a misery. Two faced work colleagues who blame inefficiency on others. One of the worst companies I have worked for which need a serious independent investigation on why staff leave unhappy.
Pros
Some of the employment advisors are really nice and work hard
Cons
Management are bullying and micro manage staff
Bullying bosses and no support for disabled people
Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea5 July 2017
Bullying bosses and no support for disabled people
Good salary, no benefits or perks unless you are a manager
Bullying in workplace not dealt with by HR or management even know everyone knows it is happening
Pros
salary
Cons
just a recruitment agency, bullying bosses
Good and bad asspects .
Productrion Line Opertater (Former Employee) –  Aintree and Preston14 June 2017
Remploy Limited I believe closed down the factories for two reasons. as time went by the sub contracts were falling off. I would assume this was due to the poor state of the UK economy. Plus local and senior management appeared to lack the skills required to operate the system. I believe central Government should have regulated the basic precedes and operating structure.

The company management failed in some of the sites to coven the day to day shop floor employees. the general leadership was very poor in standards. The trade unions should have also played a more productive part. In the end we are all paying the massive loss.
Pros
Very Good benefits and Working hours.
Cons
Poor standard of leadership and employee partisapation to working in general.
Awful company...
Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Devon30 May 2017
Remploy Management only appear to care about hitting targets and profits.They are not genuinely interested in disabled people.Their disabled clients seem just a commodity to them.

Unrealistic targets, high levels of admin and needless paper work.Slow and clunky computer system. Constant threat of being sacked.Low morale amongst office staff.
Pros
Nice offices, Handy for City Centre shops and Railway Station, Some advisors in branches genuinely work hard for their clients & candidates.
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic targets, no real concern for disabled clients, obsessed by targets, zero job security
Not what it used to be
Employment Advisor (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom12 November 2016
Very target driven, no longer are customers on a journey. They are set up to fail. Management are shocking, unless your face fits.....Expected to work above weekly hours for free with no time taken back.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Long hours, unachievable targets
Managed by target-obsessed managers.
Interim Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Devon7 July 2016
Remploy seem to care more about profits than the disabled,

Unrealistic targets set for Employment Advisors. Loads of bureaucracy and unnecessary admin.

Constant threat of being fired.
Little real genuine concern for their disabled clients.
Pros
Nice working conditions.
Cons
Poor management.Red tape.Unrealistic targets.
Rewarding and friendly workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Sunderland13 April 2016
Overall my experience at Remploy was a eye-opening and interesting look into the world of work, the average day involved arriving 15 minutes early (not compulsory), receiving our tasks and expectations for the day from our supervisor and then performing the required tasks to the best of my ability. There was a lunch break for an hour which in the break room the company provides a free pool table for use by employees which was an added bonus. The hardest part of the job was working to a tight schedule and a deadline as it is added pressure, on the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job would seeing the finished product knowing you have contributed to the production of it. Management and co-workers were friendly and helpful so no complaints there.
Pros
Friendly employees and management, high safety priority
Cons
Repetitive tasks on a daily basis, arguably long hours for work experience (7am-5pm)
A friendly place to work
Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wales17 February 2016
A company going through many changes. Excellent career opportunities to be had but poor management team. Although Remploy help with returning people back to work with the job centre. The focus has been lost slightly with developing peoples confidence of development in giving them the tools they need to feel confident to return to the work place. It has become a 'target' driven process. There needs to be a balance of customer and targets.
Pros
Several training courses available to employees
nice place to work
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  London, ENG21 August 2015
good team work was the most enjoyable part of the job, I was team leader of 10 people but the hardest part was the slow pickers who we had to assist all the times, but all in all it was good fun. all I miss was the good management.
enjoyable,rewarding
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG8 April 2014
i set and worked wood cutting machinery ie:cnc router,spindles,six cutter cross cut saws,straight line edgers, sanders and bench saws.i leaned something new everyday.the management for remploy were very careing and very supportive.i worked with a very close team of people we depended on each other and helped each other. the hardest thing about the job was the small wage at the end of the week put it was worth it .the most enjoyable thing about the job was working with wood.
Pros
learning about different types of wood
Cons
low wage
Remploy oldham
Shop Floor Worker/ PCB Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oldham, ENG29 January 2014
Remploy was overall a good place to work more like a family really we all knew each other and management were ok just a shame after 18yrs it came to an end due to government funding cuts but made some really good friends
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Closure
Creative Products Group- Booking Binding and Printing..
Sewing Machinist (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, ENG23 December 2013
Work commenced at 8pm, then a 10 minute break at 9:40am..Then lunch from 12:30 to 13:00.. Afternoon break 10 minute break at 14:30.. Home time at 16;45..Total working hours 35 hours.. Monday to Thursday..Learned many new skills in book binding, and found the work very interesting . Has I enjoy doing something creative has a hobby / pastime i.e. Painting, Drawing and Needle work .Always would of liked to have, worked has a Graphic or Internal Designer, in soft furnishings.. I got along with Colleagues, okay at work without much disagreements.. Hardest part of work was learning new skills to use factory machinery, but soon got the hang to use it, in a few days without supervision.. Most enjoyable part of the work, was hand sewing books, into quarterly or annual journals..
Pros
Half of transport costs returned in a weekly wage.. .
Cons
Sometimes lack of communications between Co- workers and Management..
Good place to work, Very enjoyable.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Benton19 November 2013
On a typical day i would spend my time, packing boxes, loading boxes onto the correct pallets for delivery, moved pallets to where they need to be using a pallet truck. It helped me learn how to work independently, but also as part of a team as i was occasionally assigned a partner to complete orders with. It was a friendly environment. The management good and so were my co workers.
Pros
Very friendly enviroment
Cons
Hard to get to.
good workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  blackwood10 July 2013
making and lifting boxes ,great management, excellent workforce
Reasonable place to work.
Property Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester1 May 2013
On a daily basis I receive lots of emails and telephone calls from clients. Most work is done on the computer, raising event worksheets, invoicing, updating data base as well as setting maintenance schedules. Follow up jobs with contractors to ensure they are completed on time. Monitor systems for continuous improvement. I have learnt to use the BAAN accounting system, Quality Facilities Management system and the SharePoint system. I enjoy a pleasant working environment and good relations with manager as well as co-workers. Hardest part of job is to get clients to understand that some repairs they require are not a health and safety issue,especialy when you have a limited budget to work on. I enjoy communicating with lots of different people. I am part of a hard working team and enjoy having a busy day. My co-workers are friendly and helpful. I have learnt to work in a pressured environment and my organisational skills have improved a lot.
Pros
Working hours are good, its 9 to 5, I only work Monday to Friday, reasonable breaks, pleasant working environment, company is willing to send employees for training
Cons
Distance to work rather long due to company moving location, Company not making profit therefore have been at risk for a long time, small team team therefore opportunity for promotion almost nil
Friendly and felt job secure .
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Barking Essex11 December 2012
Typical day at work would be, getting materials ready, then assemble them, twice a week we would have a team meeting to discuss what was happening and how we were getting on.

I learned how to assemble double glazing windows into the frames, put hinges on, do the sashes and the locks.
i also learned how to data wipe computer hard drives.
I packed up flight bags for Virgin Airways.
I learned how to put plugs onto electrical items, ie changing foreign plugs and putting UK plugs on.
Picking electronic components for PCB boards.

Management were helpful.

Co Workers were friendly and polite.
Enjoyed just to have a job.
good place to work
last builder (Current Employee) –  chesterfield5 November 2012
made orthotic foot wear i learned how to make a bespoke pair of shoes, management was not very nice
warehouse
warehouse team leader (Former Employee) –  preston11 October 2012
Manufacturing/Warehouse manager with experience of successfully coordinating the activities of various departments concerned with the production and distribution of products & services. Comfortable working with people of all levels with an excellent commercial approach to solving problems and developing business processes. Proven people management skills, with the ability to manage performance and motivate staff on an individual and team level.
the people are the best thing about the place
Machinist / administration (Former Employee) –  pezance6 August 2012
While the learning opportunities provided are second to none it is a shame that management did not seem to be as clever as some of the workforce, if they were then Remploy would not be facing closure and redundancy for the staff.
While the job was easy all of the workers were disabled and this meant that you need to be a good communicator in lots of ways. by that I mean that some learnt verbally while others had to be shown what to do
Pros
the pension was a strong point for me as well as the holiday entitlement
Cons
i really cannot think of any apart from the very limited promotion prospects