Remploy Employee Reviews

Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Medway27 February 2018
Carrying out various types of duties within the warehouse department on a daily basis.

Stock taking.

Picking & packing.

Keeping the place clean.
Pros
N / a
Cons
N / a
team
voluntary administrator (Former Employee) –  Newtown22 January 2018
great company to have worked along side
aiding everyone who used there services
enjoyable group of people to work with there to offer support when you needed it
Fun workplace
Packing (Former Employee) –  Porth, Rhondda Cynon Taff8 December 2017
I learned how to pack the right item's in order for them to be sent off to the warehouse and i worked on the computer with repairing them back together and picking up heavy item's around the factory and taking them to the van it gave me good knowledge and experience how to understand how to pack the right item's in order and repairing the computer's it did build my skills and confidence up and also i worked very hard it keeps me occupied on the job it was great
Pros
Free lunches
fun workplace
Call Centre Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City14 August 2017
happy people to work with. I was always ready to help them out when they were struggling to get jobs completed or were needing somebody to drive forklift.
Worker
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 August 2017
Joined Remploy as an assembler and enjoyed my experience there until they closed down.
I gained valuable experience of working within teams and on my own.
Pros
Having a work structure
Bullying bosses and no support for disabled people
Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea5 July 2017
Bullying bosses and no support for disabled people
Good salary, no benefits or perks unless you are a manager
Bullying in workplace not dealt with by HR or management even know everyone knows it is happening
Pros
salary
Cons
just a recruitment agency, bullying bosses
Great security job
CCTV Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, UK19 June 2017
The company paid for SIA licence and all the required training to operate public area CCTV. The shifts are 4 on 4 off rotating through blocks of morning, afternoon and night shifts. While much of a shift will be quite boring, things can change rapidly and unexpectedly. You need to stay alert during the quiet periods and keep a cool head when an incident occurs. At these times you may need to keep track of multiple people, communicate effectively to the police and accurately log everything in writing as it occurs. You will quickly learn to multi-task and improve your communication skills.
Pros
Training and licence paid for, comfortable work space, interesting work, good job security.
Cons
Sometimes boring for long periods
Good workplace and atmosphere
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire16 June 2017
Good workplace but salary is bettered by competitors.

CEO is very good, they encourage you to better yourself but the company is reliant on government contract and when one is coming to an end it can be a difficult time waiting for bids on others
Good and bad asspects .
Productrion Line Opertater (Former Employee) –  Aintree and Preston14 June 2017
Remploy Limited I believe closed down the factories for two reasons. as time went by the sub contracts were falling off. I would assume this was due to the poor state of the UK economy. Plus local and senior management appeared to lack the skills required to operate the system. I believe central Government should have regulated the basic precedes and operating structure.

The company management failed in some of the sites to coven the day to day shop floor employees. the general leadership was very poor in standards. The trade unions should have also played a more productive part. In the end we are all paying the massive loss.
Pros
Very Good benefits and Working hours.
Cons
Poor standard of leadership and employee partisapation to working in general.
Awful company...
Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Devon30 May 2017
Remploy Management only appear to care about hitting targets and profits.They are not genuinely interested in disabled people.Their disabled clients seem just a commodity to them.

Unrealistic targets, high levels of admin and needless paper work.Slow and clunky computer system. Constant threat of being sacked.Low morale amongst office staff.
Pros
Nice offices, Handy for City Centre shops and Railway Station, Some advisors in branches genuinely work hard for their clients & candidates.
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic targets, no real concern for disabled clients, obsessed by targets, zero job security
dont see why relevant
Development Services Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 May 2017
don't see why this is relevant to myself looking for a new career, I have no issues with this company it was just a time that I relocated and this was the reason for leaving
Good place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham28 March 2017
It was a nice company to work for just didn't have enough work for me. I haven't got a bad thing to say about this company if they had permanently work I take it thank you
I liked remploy
Packing (Former Employee) –  London4 March 2017
I did packing on production line it was good Had lots of friends it was like a family there shame it had to close down and got made redundant not good
Pros
Lunch break half hour
Cons
Start 8 to 4
Fabulous learning curve
Candidate Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire3 January 2017
Excellent welfare to work organisation. Supporting adults with disabilities into sustainable employment.
Very rewarding role, with each day different
great
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow7 December 2016
Remploy was a great place to work, friendly staff, fun jobs to complete and the days passed very quickly which of course can be a good thing, bosses were also a great help.
Pros
cheap lunches
I liked at remploy
packing (Former Employee) –  Woolwich28 November 2016
Had lots of friends it was like one big family work ed there for a long time then
It close d down got made redundant so lots of disabled people where out of work
If something was like employ I would go and work there again
proactive very helpful
Skills for Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh13 November 2016
thye helped me gain very good skill such as my confidence and customer service skill by getting me into a 8 week placement at house of fraser .
Pros
bus pass
Not what it used to be
Employment Advisor (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom12 November 2016
Very target driven, no longer are customers on a journey. They are set up to fail. Management are shocking, unless your face fits.....Expected to work above weekly hours for free with no time taken back.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Long hours, unachievable targets
fun work place
Work Programme Scheme (Former Employee) –  Leicester LE126 September 2016
great experience on working enviourment work place training. that is all i can say really. just wish the work scheme was more longer than 6 months to help long term employment
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
few hours
Passionate colleagues
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leicester25 September 2016
Great team of people working to support disabled people into work. Good support from managers and plenty of opportunity for training.
Pros
Free tea and coffee