RELX Group

RELX Group Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
International Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Home Based31 January 2018
Awesome organisation. Growing internationally with exciting ambitions. Leadership team, are passionate about driving results and improving outcomes for all.
okay place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 August 2017
the work place was ok to work not very proffesional and work was boring at times. management were far from professional and very laxed. Too many managers when in most cases only one was needed.
Great company
Indirects Buyer (Former Employee) –  South West16 May 2017
Great innovative forward thinking company where staff are actively encouraged to think outside the box. A very open culture with great staff and lots of training.
Great people, great products
Head of Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 January 2017
Such a large, matrix style organisation can make it quite hard for new joiners to get to grips with, but once they do they realise it's a great company to work for with lots of opportunities. These opportunities can often be outside of an immediate business unit (due to flat structures in some) but they are there if you keep on top of the various communications, and network!

Flexible working is gradually being extended to all employees (i.e. not just those with children, for example) which is a good thing.

One of the best things about the company is the high quality products it produces. When directly faced with customers/customer feedback it's quite rewarding to see/hear.

However, my colleagues have been the best thing for me over the years! A great bunch of very dedicated, hard working, but very fun people.
Very good place to work
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ENG30 September 2015
Every morning I looked at the existing calls. I dealt with the P1 jobs first, then I looked at other P jobs and dealt with them in order of urgency. The call(s) which I couldn't solve I asked the people in my team first and if they couldn't solve ii I escalated the call(s) to 3rd level support.

I learnt a lot about VPN and its support as lot of users were working from home. Also I leant a lot about MDM. I used MobileIron to manage iOS devices. As I built lot of laptops I used Altiris software extenisevly. Video Conferencing and AV setups was also a daily routine.

Once a week we had a meeting with the IT Manager to discuss issues, suggestions and updates with the organisation.
The co-workers were fair. Some were more helpful than other.

The hardest part of the job was to find the right support group to solve issues which I couldn't solve. The enjoyable part of the job was the smile and gratitude from the users after successfully solving their technical issues!
Pros
Nice people, pleasant environment
Cons
IT knowledge database is weak. Very difficult to find the right 3rd level support.