REL Field Marketing Employee Reviews

Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire2 May 2019
Small hours, but fun work.
Sampler (Current Employee) –  Rayleigh, Essex9 April 2019
There are few opportunities to work for some, however, the work itself is enjoyable. The people you interact with are often very friendly. (Plus you get to try some free samples of food yourself)
Pros
Short Days, high hourly pay.
Cons
May not get a shift for a while.
Field marketing
Merchandising assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnersh4 April 2019
Visit stores and check current promotional offers. Example if Kellogg's were running an offer I would need to check it was on display and correctly priced.
Pros
Worked alone so self managed time keeping and work
Cons
Doing reports by phone.
An excellent fun Company to work for, treat staff fairly and very well
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hempstead Valley Shopping Centre, Gillingham23 January 2019
A typical day...on arrival in store, sign in and organise working day from brief. Retrieve point of sale from delivery, attach to trolley then organise what you will need to use from your kit... heatproof pots, teaspoons, cooking utensils, etc. Stock is either sent in from the Company or you Branch Transfer from shelves. Sometimes you need to build an FSDU or something to use alongside trolley. Wheel trolley onto shop floor, organise price tickets from Office and check stock on shelves. Take some shelf stock to create an impactful display on trolley and to use as selling stock. Display an allergen barker and an Under 25 barker if sampling alcohol. Display whatever food or drink you are sampling in pots or tumblers on slate boards and encourage customers over to sample, explaining key messages and information about the product. When finished, clear up, wash up and return trolley to warehouse.

This is a wonderful job, very satisfying, especially when you sell something or when people love what you've cooked. I have learned that customers love a free sample, are always happy to see you (love to stand and chat), then there are always a couple with a preconceived negative opinion. Most of the time the day is managed well but there are occasions where there is no stock so time is wasted looking to see if any in store, if not, contingencies have to be used. I don't think there is a difficult part of this job, just a bit of frustration when there is not enough of what you are supposed to be sampling on the shelves or the Point of Sale does not turn up and you spend ages
  more... searching for it. The whole job is enjoyable, it excites me to talk to customers and children and impart my knowledge about food/drink, I always research as much as I can so I can let them know about being gluten/sugar free etc. Customers are always looking for new ideas about food and love anything I can recommend. The great thing about this job is it allows you to talk to people from all over the world and all genres... I've learned so much from what customers tell me. I wish the job was full time.  less
Pros
Good hourly rate, taste new food, holiday pay, flexible
Cons
Only 15 mins for lunch
Okay zero hours work
Branded Sampler (Former Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells5 November 2018
Branded Sampler role was poorly managed to start with and a 'learn on the job' first couple of days. Good pay. Would suit an outgoing personality good at sales.
Great Experience
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 October 2018
It was fun and it was flexible.
It was a great adventure working them them.
Learnt how to use the tech they gave us to demonstrate and met some really great people
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
issue with payment on time
Great Company with lovely staff
Sales Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Bracknell21 September 2017
Worked on the Mondelez account the only reason I left was due to it being part time hours. The company is great to work for, lovely managers and such an understanding company. Gave you the too.s for the job and always kept you in the loop.
Pros
Perkbox and the conferences were fab 😀
Cons
An excellent company to work for
Customer advisor for Nikon (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire3 August 2017
I dreaded leaving this company as everyone is so nice and it is a huge family instead of a business. I do miss working with the team, always organised, friendly and helpful. I never had any issues with working for this amazing company, I only moved on as I needed a full-time job and REL did not have any for me.
Pros
Organised and efficient
Cons
No full-time position for me
Each day is different!
Marketing Agent (Current Employee) –  Christchurch10 June 2017
Customer facing role. Product sampling and analysis. Supportive in store colleagues. Flexible working hours dependent on need and availability, Easy to fit in around other family responsibilities.
Sampler (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire24 February 2017
Lovely place to work
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berkshire14 February 2017
I have worked for Rel Field Marketing and i really enjoyed working for them. They are very friendly, great training and its a very enjoyable job promoting different products in Store.
Pros
Great shifts
Fun workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Burntwood, ENG2 February 2016
Enjoy waking up in the morning to complete Ad-hoc tasks for REL i would recommend the company to anyone looking to work in retail.

I work in different stores all the time is great fun.

Travel Expenses is not the best but is still good.
Pros
Good fun, Decent wages, Expenes
Cons
No contracted hours
Interesting & varied
Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire27 January 2015
I work different times on different days over a 7 day period between 9am - 9pm, our calls are scheduled so they are spread evenly over the year.

I learned the importance of the Sainsbury's Managers & colleagues trusting & respecting me & the importance of me carrying out my job with accuracy. I learned the importance of availability of products being on the shelf for the customer & the importance of excellent service by the Sainsburys colleague.

My REL managers are all good & fair & are always available if there is a problem.

Occasionally the random days/hours can be 'hard' but that is also a good part of the job as it is varied.