REL Field Marketing

REL Field Marketing Employee Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews
Depending on the account you're on, you can either have great management that looks after their team, supports and trains, or a truly atrocious experience, where you're left high and dry and treated incredible badly, with HR turning a blind eye.
Pros
Some of the best managers in field marketing.
Cons
Some of the very worst managers in field marketing.
REL are by far the best field marketing agency I've ever worked for. Great management team. Great Place to work.
Flexible hours, they have been brilliant throughout the covid situation
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Minimum Wage
Probably the best company I have worked for. Made to feel welcome immediately. Everybody is so friendly and helpful. Always feel valued and respected.
Really enjoyed my time working for REL , great company with lots of benefits. work life balance was perfect for me. Good management team always willing to listen and help
It’s a target driven environment working in the impulse channel .
It’s fun and competitive as many companies are fighting for share of space and do.

It’s rewarding

And has good opportunities .
Good to work for,great work life balance.
As for the work it can very intense especially over festive and Easter period but it is very enjoyable. Even tho you work on your own you always have communication with your team and manager for help and tips.
The only down side of working for REL is the limited hours that they can provide. It is interesting work and meet a wide range of customers and colleagues within stores.
Great rate of pay and excellent company to work for, management and all administrative we’re always helpful . Pay was always on time, can’t recommend this company enough.
A company where you will enjoy working there and learn new skills in the early stages of your sales career. Pay is quite low but it reflects the challenges of the job and there is opportunity to move on quickly and grow in the business.
Great place to work for a reason. Since starting i have been able to work at my convenience and as much as i want with a lot of suppprt from the company. The pay os great and freedom to work is exceptional
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at REL Field Marketing?
It a good Company to work . They take good care
Salary is less .However it s good start for the fresher to get the exp.

Also you get free food most of the time
It's a very flexible work, no stressful, sometimes boring and sometimes really entertaining. But considering that you are not only a sampler and you are conducting the selling of the different products, the pay rate should be higher.
this is a great job as an addition to another job as there is no job security and work isn't always available in your area. It may require travel but there is no obligation to accept work which is good too. Management is easy to contact and are very friendly.
This company is by far one of the worst I have worked for. I was given a set amount of hours when I was given my offer of employment and immediately when I started my hours were changed and made longer to no extra money. Although I didn't ask I was not provided with my contract till well after I had handed my notice into my last job and gone through training. The contract hid many loopholes that management can use to underpay you and they are not afraid to use them. We were paid days late due to a "Payroll Issue" and then underpaid because they had to manually do the payments instead. When confronted about this management were very unhelpful. When asked for assistance in certain areas they would be very sarcastic with responses and they took their time to do the most basic of tasks. The work itself isn't terrible depending what your rep job is but I would stay away from this company. I will admit they did take me to london for training and fed me for that duration. Certain areas of management is good and its not the worst company ever. The contract itself is 3 months long with pay very variable based on reporting bonuses and holiday pay included. You do not receive holiday or sick pay and they can change your hours wherever they want and if you dont like it they wont pay you as thats part of the contract.
REL Field Marketing is a fairly good company to work for, I worked as a brand ambassador in supermarkets. I was on zero hour contract, which suited me at the time for flexibility. Setting up promotional stands and engaging with customers to get feedback on products.
At the interview explained what the job entailed, spent a couple of days with employees showing you the ropes, and then your on your own, you learn the job by trail and error, which could be stressful for some people.

If management supplied a full training package, this job would make people stay at the company.
Got a few stages through the process, then never heard anything back, feel just wasted my time, pretty poor ambassadors for their own company to be honest.
There are few opportunities to work for some, however, the work itself is enjoyable. The people you interact with are often very friendly. (Plus you get to try some free samples of food yourself)
Pros
Short Days, high hourly pay.
Cons
May not get a shift for a while.
Visit stores and check current promotional offers. Example if Kellogg's were running an offer I would need to check it was on display and correctly priced.
Pros
Worked alone so self managed time keeping and work
Cons
Doing reports by phone.
A typical day...on arrival in store, sign in and organise working day from brief. Retrieve point of sale from delivery, attach to trolley then organise what you will need to use from your kit... heatproof pots, teaspoons, cooking utensils, etc. Stock is either sent in from the Company or you Branch Transfer from shelves. Sometimes you need to build an FSDU or something to use alongside trolley. Wheel trolley onto shop floor, organise price tickets from Office and check stock on shelves. Take some shelf stock to create an impactful display on trolley and to use as selling stock. Display an allergen barker and an Under 25 barker if sampling alcohol. Display whatever food or drink you are sampling in pots or tumblers on slate boards and encourage customers over to sample, explaining key messages and information about the product. When finished, clear up, wash up and return trolley to warehouse.

This is a wonderful job, very satisfying, especially when you sell something or when people love what you've cooked. I have learned that customers love a free sample, are always happy to see you (love to stand and chat), then there are always a couple with a preconceived negative opinion. Most of the time the day is managed well but there are occasions where there is no stock so time is wasted looking to see if any in store, if not, contingencies have to be used. I don't think there is a difficult part of this job, just a bit of frustration when there is not enough of what you are supposed to be sampling on the shelves or the Point of Sale does not turn up and you spend ages
 - more...
Pros
Good hourly rate, taste new food, holiday pay, flexible
Cons
Only 15 mins for lunch
Branded Sampler role was poorly managed to start with and a 'learn on the job' first couple of days. Good pay. Would suit an outgoing personality good at sales.