Regis Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 51 reviews matching the search See all 1,336 reviews
Hairdressing
Hairdressing manger (Former Employee) –  Warrington9 August 2018
Amazing company,I enjoyed my role and time with this company,and would still be there ,due to me relocating,
Super team one of the best team I have ever worked with.
Pros
Training
Very exciting
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes3 June 2018
Regis are a great company to work for as they not also provide a great work ethic but courses to make sure you are up to date with the latest hair trends and styles!
Pros
Training
Rewarded for hard work and lovely teams across the company
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex5 March 2018
I work for regis for most of my 15 years as hairdresser and happy with it. I even returned after having a wobble if i choose the right career path.
I worked for an other company never again worked like a dog got nothing not a the case with Regis great commission and incentives. Loads of training available
Pros
Loads of training. Commition and incentives
Cons
None personal
Terrible!
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester25 February 2018
I wish there was an option for no stars!
Terrible management, minimum wage for managers job!
I left after 3 weeks, worst company I have ever worked for!
AVOIDDDD
Cons
poor wage, overworked, poor management
Awful staff
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire20 February 2018
Awful awful awful staff who think they are above anyone else and literally treat you like a slave.
Being an apprentice you have to work yourself up but you are there to learn, not be treated so badly.
Everyone was once an apprentice!
fun workplace
Hairdressing (Former Employee) –  Nantwich8 February 2018
I was used for cleaning and making brews. I struggled to fit in the workplace due to rude staff. however I did what needed to be done and did the full days I needed to be there for. I enjoyed getting to know the clients and I love the hairdressing industry.
Pros
lunch from home
Cons
great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Braehead16 January 2018
as with most hairdressing your salary depends on how well you can run a column as a stylist.

there is plenty of training opportunities for those who want them, and the company will help you advance your career.
Pros
great training oppertunites
Good
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands18 September 2017
Worked here building up the salons clientele. Enjoyed helping a business grow.

Training opportunity were good.

Manager was good to work for. Had a very pleasant work life.
Professional salon friendly team
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Scotland2 July 2017
Good team members not enough management input untill there is a problem. Find it hard to meet targets as our expenditure budget is so small. Company would benefit from spending time in salon seeing we need more materials to work with
Pros
Great team
Cons
Poor wage
Enjoyable place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Belfast20 June 2017
A place where u can enjoy your day whist enteractimg with others... it is a world wide company so internal transfers are available.. training is also on request
Good.
Customer service Auditor (Former Employee) –  london6 June 2017
This was a customer focused and target driven environment, I got the chance to work with a diverse range of people and gain various transferable skills.
Horrid. Stay away.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Wales5 June 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for. Terrible management in salon and regional. Unrealistic targets. I was sent to cover another salon I had never been to, the salon was disgusting, the toilets had not been cleaned in over a year, I have no doubt as there were hundreds of empty toilet rolls covering the floors. No one else working there, 30 minutes from my contracted salon but wouldn't cover costs of fuel. Constantly ringing me on my days off to come in. Causing me stress if I couldn't and telling me "there was no other option" couldn't wait to leave. Would have left the first week I started if I hadn't had bills to pay.
Pros
Not a thing
Cons
productive fun placement for my first voluntary work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire8 May 2017
During my work experience I had developed great team working skills and further patience as the job role included high maintenance of the salon. Overall my confidence had risen and the staff were very friendly and gave a warm welcome from the start of my placement; and to the end. it was a pleasure working with them.
Salon manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2017
Salary was shocking, and hours were really long. With only a few weekends allowed of a year and no paid Christmas. The training provided however was excellent.
Pros
Training
Cons
Low pay
staff were friendly
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Banbury2 April 2017
nice environment to work in, friendly staff. Very productive and educational. I enjoyed the work and it kept me busy during my week of work experience
Pros
hour long lunch breaks
Cons
only 1 week
Regis Trade Secret
Retail Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London6 March 2017
At Trade Secret I have two roles retail consultant and also receptionist. My main job was to assist every guest that walks in to the salon, take client bookings and ensure that they are provided with great hospitability. My everyday tasks would involve maintaining and organising products, taking stock orders and ensure to always meet my everyday set targets for sales. My main responsibility is to always successfully open and close the store and ensure that everything is organised and ready for the next day. This also involves opening and closing the tills and banking money for the company. My role at the salon also involved greeting customers and informing them with any new promotions that we have in our store. Guests are a priority so it’s very important to always build rapport with them. This will help bring them back to the store.
Pros
Commission
A day in the salon.
Salon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merseyside3 March 2017
i worked at regis salon for 4 days as a work experience from high school, i got learn how a salon runs and mangers for 4 days straight which was interesting. The hardest part of the job was that it was really long hours on your feet.
hard workplace
Beautician (Former Employee) –  Newport12 January 2017
there is no management or organisation in the salon.
managers come and go all the time and they only stay for short periods of time.
the regional manager is not very nice at all and this makes it very hard to work here.
my co workers at the time were amazing, they are the only reason i stayed in the job for 2 years.
manager used to call me on my days off all the time to cover people who had phones in sick and also had to stay late nights with no warning or offer? this made me feel as though i didnt have a personal life.
the hardest part of the job was that there was no organisation at all which made it very hard to work and also made customers very annoyed.
the best part of the job was my co workers at the time, we all got on very well.
Pros
working with freinds
Cons
long hours, no organisation or management
Probably the worse Salon group i have ever worked for
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Trafford14 November 2016
Worst Salon Group that I have ever ever ever worked for. not only do you never get anywhere, they expect you to live on less than the national minimum wage. when you pick them up on this they deny that they pay you less and you get it back by paying less tax
Pros
Cons
the entire operation
great placce to work
Hair Stylist and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sheffield3 November 2016
the work to life balance is great the staff are full of life and lovley willing to help you progress in the job and go out of there way to get you there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regis Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.