REGARD

REGARD Employee Reviews

United Kingdom179 reviews
No formal training given
Shift times not given till last min

Nights can be often with no extra pay

No praise for anything

Pay role team is poor I've been on emergency tax for 6 months even though I did every thing right, even tax office didn't have a good word to say .

Agency staff will get all tobs will normal staff get screws on daily basis to keep agency coming bk he nice j
This has to be one of the worse companies I have ever worked for ..
2.5 years I gave this place , only to be treated like dirt !

The management are a joke .. they don’t know anything about anything .. the floor staff run the place .. some weeks I worked 60 hrs and didn’t get payed for it .. the higher up you go the more hideous they become .. they don’t care for their staff you are literally just a number !!!

Stay well clear ..
Cons
The shifts are long but you feel like you’ve made a positive impact on the clients life.
Like any job, it’s how you manage work and home life but the company is flexible regarding home life etc
Supporting people with severe and enduring mental health issues is difficult and at times draining work. Staff aren't given enough responsibility and are left to work with very unwell people with no support or safety measures in place. Regard has no concern of their staffs mental well being and is poorly paid. Better companies to work for in comparison with others like Juilan Support.
Poor company to work for very unproffessional managment and senior team, low moral, prejudice. With no fairness long hours with low pay grade not good experience at all no structure or progression for staff
Gostei muito de trabalhar para a Regard partnership
Pros
Ótima diversidade e treinamentos
Cons
Talvez uma maior vigilância
The service I work at (Cheshire) all staff and service users are amazing. Manager is very supportive. Some days can be stressful, some days can be absolutely amazing.
I thought it would be a lot more challenging then it was some staff are lazy work life balance wasn’t good spent more time there than at home no regular breaks and when you are on a break you are still there so service users would still ask for help or demand to go out as no staff room
I worked here for a few years. Over the last 2 years it went from bad to worse. Poor management. No respect for hard working staff. Only care about friendships. Being run into the ground by management team who don't have a clue how to run the place. Locality manager and Regional manager don't seem too bothered either. An absolute disgraceful company. Wouldn't let them look after any of my family.
Left being owed lots of hours underpaid and no fuel payments for six months I worked there. Management promise to sort out but never did. Not good experience. Lots of online training. No pay for training.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at REGARD?
I would never recommend this company, and I never did whilst I worked for the company. You're just a number to them, you have barely any support. The team are awful, bi***y and make your day hard work. Seniors are horrible and have a 'click' and if you don't get along with them then your work day will be awful. There's no support, no training. Just really bad company and I did not enjoy a moment.
A lovely company to work for with an amazing array of staff from those based in the office to those in the field i.e. Service Managers, Support Workers, etc. The main goal is the care and well being of our Clients
Could be a very good company, if the support was there from Senior Management I do not like to give a bad review because I feel that people should make their own judgement based on their own experience

The Head office staff were brilliant very helpful and made the job easier, it’s certain Area Managers that are an issue!!

Change in Area Management happens all too quickly and in some Area Managers they are not very supportive despite saying that some were extra special people but just didn’t stay long enough
If you do begin to work for Regard, be prepared to have to deal with frustration, specially regarding being paid properly and dealing with accusations.
I worked for this company for 2 years 1 year on nights and 1 year on days the s us are advanced and you are not given proper training literally chucked in the deep end.... countless amounts of accusations caused by staff and s us leading many good care workers to lose their job or they leave before they get caught up in it. No support for staff and underpaid every month
S
Cons
Worked in holbeach. Honestly the worst place I’ve ever worked at. The staff gang up and bully people one by one, management stand back and let it all happen, the staff are there for themselves not the service users.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Staff are bully’s. Management is poor the list can go on and on
I loved my job, I loved the guys.
Staff are just a number, totally irrelevant.

Wages always wrong, try managing on half the wage for a month.

Simply the management and upper management see the support staff as disposable.

Finding care work is easy, find a small company. Avoid Regard, CMG, succeed together, New Partnerships. The name changes monthly as do the staff and managers.

A great shame as some really dedicated staff treated like dirt.
I throughly enjoyed my job, service users are amazing but can be challenging at times but unfortunately its not the service users you have to be careful about, it's the staff and management. They allow family members to work together and people who are in relationships to work together, and when incidents missinh, management brush it under the carpet. When raised management cover their tracks. Worse place I've ever worked.
Pros
Lovely service users
Cons
Everything else, if your a bully, its your place to work
Would not do it run. Management team are dreadful and no clear support on issues. Expected to go above and beyond but nothing back. The shift pattern is 14 hours so be prepared for long shifts and don’t worry if your sick it goes un noticed. No one encourages the service users to do anything and lack motivation.
Worked for Regard for over a year, that was a year too long. Some great and genuinely caring people work for Regard, however those that 'Brown Nose' are promoted more quickly which is then overlooked, that they haven't got a clue how to do their job, and are lazy, if your face doesn't fit you've basically had it!! And are set up to fail..then ousted out of the company with falsified allegations. Despite experience or qualifications.
Higher management are more interested in money, claiming thousands for severe challenging behaviours while paying

staff a pittance. Bullying does also happen at most of the Regard properties

Avoid this place
The house where I used to work was not residents self centred,it was ruled by an unexpireinced manager/dictator.
I wouldn't recommended it for support workers or residents.

I would anyway give an advise for the head office and the council to open their eyes and be proactive on checking the structure.
Pros
Cons
Top residents