REGARD Employee Reviews

Arrowe Hall...AVOID
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wirral12 February 2019
Seeing as my last review didn't get published on here...
Where to even start!?
Maybe the fact it is supposed to be supported living yet they have someone living there who requires end of life care yet no-one is trained for it?
Read the cqc report it explains everything.
The fact the staff that love their job and speak up get bullied due to cliques. The fact service users don't get what they pay for. There is no support to independence at all. People are not trained adequately. Staff working illegal hours due to understaffing. Staff not getting paid right or on time. I have been left with 3grands worth of debt due to not being paid right for 4 years! You're constantly made to feel undervalued. Management don't care aslong as they're getting paid. There have been numerous managers and they have all been the same!!! Even service users are fed up and wanting to leave.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Wages, management, understaffing, cliques.
Disgraceful and disturbing
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  East sussex10 February 2019
Avoid at all costs, management does not know what he is doing and relys on seniors to do his work for him when he gets behind, young female and some male staff are very poisonous and toxic with constant back stabbing, service users getting ignored and left wet, medication that has been not given by mistake are being thrown in the bin or down the toilet, if u tell the manager something in confidence he always tells another senior as they are good friends and night staff letting strangers in during the night asking for money and nothing is said to them about how dangerous this is to the vulnerable people that live there. CQC will ne informed in due course as something needs to be done. Also the manager private messaging the younger female staff members which is very unprofessional.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Spiteful toxic little girls (staff) and the unreliable manager
Stay away!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside19 January 2019
This isn’t a reputable company at all, and the service I work at is of a poor standard. The staff turnover is bigger than any other care provider I’ve worked for. There’s no consistency due to staff leaving all the time.
There’s a new senior every week. They’ll literally give the job to anyone, and expect them to carry out the role the next day with no training or shadowing.
Manager is obsessed with saving the company money to the point where the service is usually short staffed, because they really dislike to pay for agency. They’ll try to entice staff to do overtime but there is literally no incentive. Some staff will be pressured into doing wake nights after a 12 hour shift because they’re affraid to say no.
The manager constantly lies to staff, service users, family members, as well as external professionals.
You work with the same service user every single day to the point where you’re mentally burnt out, but will only be changed to another service user when they need to, usually a service user you barely know, and will expect you to work 12 hours with a complex individual that you know nothing about.
The manager loves to always be right, and will argue to the worlds end with both support workers, and service users.
There is no communication in the service, no one has a clue what is going on or what’s happened/happening.

There are some amazing staff working at Arrowe Hall, hopefully they won’t be stuck there much longer because a lot of them can do so much better.

The positive reviews written on the Indeed reviews have only been written because safeguarding
  more... has scrutinised the place, so people are pretending it’s decent just to save their job.

If you have an ounce of decency and self worth, you’ll avoid this place.

Ultimately it’s the service users who this is having the biggest impact on, they’re absolutely lovely and don’t deserve to be living in such an environment. The place is basically setting them up to fail. I wish them luck in their future at arrowe hall.
Pros
Some decent staff, service users
Cons
Management, clique culture, poorly run.
A disgrace
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex19 January 2019
Worked for Regard for just under a year, and have now resigned. I resigned before I found work elsewhere, I felt better being out of work than doing shifts at Regard.
The residents were a pleasure to support and I will miss them deeply, especially supporting them in the community. The staff team were also friendly overall, however as previous posts have stated there are cliques and you may well feel left out.

I have worked in various care settings and dealt with extremely challenging behaviour, however I knew that before I accepted these posts
. I did not expect in my wildest dreams to be assaulted by a parent of a resident, not once but twice. The way in which it was unsuccessful dealt with, was a wake up call. Measures were put in place, but these were partly ignored by the parent and their unacceptable behaviour continued.

I resorted to going out into the garden whilst this parent was in the building, to avoid them, which was every day of the week. Despite numerous logged complaints about this parent by other staff, no effective action was ever taken. I was later informed by staff that the parent is known to be problematic and has a history.

My immediate manager was approachable and tried to resolve this issue, however I felt upper management were detached and never fully understood the unacceptable working environment. I was informed that I had the right to report the assaults to the police, but I decided against that course of action. It is not something you want to do when you're new in a job, however in hindsight I should have done.

Meetings were set up,
  more... then cancelled at least twice at short notice. I lost faith in the company, my health and home life were also being negatively affected.

To summarise, if you have a grievance at Regard, good luck if it's resolved. I have left feeling deflated and worthless, I feel sorry for the residents. It comes as no surprise there's a high turnover of staff, not good for adults with learning disabilities that like consistency.
Pros
Lots of shifts, good approachable home manager
Cons
Poor upper management
Awful!!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scorrier, Cornwall15 January 2019
I lasted at this company for over a year. Really don’t know how as it was awful! No support, no organisation and management were useless. Long hours and days stuck with channelling behaviour. People refusing to work with certain services users. Managers and team leaders refusing to! Wouldn’t reccommed to anyone.
Pros
Services users
Cons
Manager and organisation
28 January 2019

Thank you for your feedback, i can assure you any feedback is taken very seriously. I appreciate the work involved can be challenging and as an organisation we strive to ensure suitable training and guidance is provided, and ensure all our staff have access to our e-learning and learning and development training courses.

I can also confirm as an organisation, from support worker to managers and head office, we come into the Health and Social Care sector because we have a genuine passion for care and supporting people, i wish your experience was more positive, as I can assure you we are extremely passionate at Regard about ensuring we provide the best service possible for the people we support.

I'm unable to comment on the specifics of the "certain service user" on this forum, but if you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to contact me matthew.butcher@regard.co.uk but i would like to thank you for your time working at Regard.

Approachable company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk3 January 2019
Good levels of staff always available. Seniors and management approachable. Lots of 1 - 1 time allowed with the service users to do things in the community.
Pros
Approachable Managers
One of the worst Care Companies I've worked for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Linconshire11 December 2018
I would advise anyone thinking of joining this care company is to do your research on them. They may look like a great company but start to scratch the service of it and you will find over-worked, under-paid people who are expected to pick up overtime which includes waking nights and sleep ins.

If you are required to do a sleep in, they pay at £7.83, however if you are paid £8.00 during they day. When it comes to pay bracket, if the amount of hours and the amount of pay is more, they will reduce your day rate providing it doesn't fall below the NMW.

You never have a break, you are expected to work the full 14 hours you are there. Some of the Service Users are also extremely aggressive and you are expected to work with them on a 1:1 basis with no support from anyone else.

Even some of the top NHS commissioners know Regard take the worst cases, however pay there staff a poor £8.00 is disgusting, and while the NHS commissioners are trying to support Regard's own staff, you know there is cracks within the structure of Regard.
Pros
The people who you work wiht
Cons
Everything else
No respect
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Teynham and Lynsted1 December 2018
The manager is rude and obnoxious no respect for clients or statt unless your the managers favourite low pay long hours plenty of far breaks if you smoke as the staff seem to go every 5 minutes and residents are then left to their own devices worst place you can ever work don't get no lunch break as you got to eat and work at the same time some of the staff bully the clients and are rude to them
Pros
Friendly clients
Cons
All of it
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorset29 November 2018
Thought this was a very good company to work for but........when things happen there is no support from head office and no support from your line manager.
When the company wants you out you stand no chance they have no care and support for there workers and senior staff. Very underhand and would not trust the hierarchy. The residents are the ones that suffer with all the change. There are staff that dedicate their work to the residents and some that just don’t care.
Your just a number at the end of the day no passion no care for anyone but themselves.
Pros
The residents
Cons
No compassion for anyone
17 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I note that you have expressed in your review that we were a good company to work for, but no longer believe this is the case due to your own very recent experience.

All our managers are trained in leadership skills and are overall responsible for ensuring our staff and people we support receive the very best service possible. Unfortunately, there are occasions whereby this expectation is not met and as a result company policies and procedures are implemented.

Please be assured that all matters are reviewed on an individual basis and applied appropriately. However, should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We would like to wish you well in your future endeavours.

Regards

Matthew Butcher
matthew.butcher@regard.co.uk

A.Hall
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside22 November 2018
Where do I start? Since new management have been in place promising the world it’s nothing but broken promise and lies, not only that but the manager is a bully. Caring and compassionate is what you’d expect from someone in this industry but that couldn’t be further from the truth! Plenty of opportunities and flexibility if you’re a favourite but if not then you won’t last long and you’ll be pushed out. Service users make this place, just a shame that the bully tactics from management overshadow it. Take some advice and avoid!!
Pros
Service users
Cons
Management and never have time off or any support
Massive turn around at Arrowe hall
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside19 November 2018
Change is everything.
New positive managers has created happier service users with new inspirations and aspects of life with new goals and achievement being made weekly.
A lot more happier Staff the moral is at its best and only getting better.
New activities coordinator full of sparkle and new ideas engaging with service users listening to what they want.
Admin staff know what their doing and on top of things.
Seniors are approachable and helpful
Love my job at the hall made to feel part of the family right away so glad I came here.
Pros
Happy friendly environment
Cons
N/a
A.Hall
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral19 November 2018
Since new management has been put in place it has turned into a lovely home to work for! Everyone is very friendly and all the management is on the same page with everyone! Service users are a ball to work with and you feel apart of a big family working with Arrowe Hall.
Arrowe Hall
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Merseyside14 November 2018
I have worked at Arrowe Hall for 10+ years, I have read previous reviews and would like to express since new management has been put in place in September of this year, there has been a drastic change for the better. The new management are extremely supportive of staff and actually listen unlike the previous. There is opportunities to progress in house now, and the atmosphere of the building on a whole is becoming a really nice place to work in again. The new manager is doing a great job of getting this beautiful place to work, back up to standard. As always the service users are the best !
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside13 November 2018
Love my job at ‘The Hall’
Fabulous service users with control over their own lives. Dignity and respect at the forefront.
New management team in place with vision to do the best for the people who live there.
Different activities every day.
Absolutely cracking place to work.
Pros
Choice for service users
Cons
Pay rate could be better
Avoid
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside11 November 2018
Lovely old house in great park a supported living home for many people with various needs.

Management of this home have run the place into the ground (see Cqc report)staff of all levels come and go. Most staff are unqualified and have little or no carein their jobs. Current managers be avoided as staff are not respected or appreciated and the blame and bullying is as it worst! staff are to frightened to report issues because of the management and senior staff gang culture.

If yous are wanting a place to work that allows for staff improvement and support then this is NOT the place.

a shame for the people who have tolive there.
Lots of good... even more bad
Office Sheep (Current Employee) –  South3 November 2018
Good
* The staff team who work with each other are all respectful and care about one another just as much as they care about the service users
* Supporting these amazing people every day to make their lives better and happier

Bad
* Management underappreciates the staff team and are more of a manager and not a leader, very bossy and does not listen to staff concerns
* Regard care more about the the money they bring in than they do the staff or even the people we support, staff get horrible wages, some of the worst in the region for having to deal with long hours, both night and day shifts as well as extreme challenging behaviour as well as living in an expensive area of the country
* I mean they are the second largest care company in the UK... greedy says it all
* If you raise a genuine concern, you are ignored or you are turned against and management try anything to get you to leave

If I didn't love the service users so much I would have been gone a long time ago, they to me are more important than a better wage or a nice management team
Pros
Working with the team and the service users
Cons
No support, money greedy
Service users lovely, that’s about it
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater house2 November 2018
Worked for the company for many years. But cannot bear to work there any longer. Regard are not putting the care of the residents first and do not care about their hardworking staff.
Low pay and the removal of night premiums don’t help.
The general state of the building is shocking and in disrepair.
Some staff are so lovely and caring others have no respect or attitude and shouldn’t be employed in the industry. They are just employing anyone as finding it hard to recruit.
Management in house need more training and support. Too much is expected of all.
I don’t want to be associated with a company that do not care.
I wouldn’t want my child/family member housed here as they wouldn’t be the top priority.
Lovely staff can only do so much.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Pretty much everything else
17 December 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback, and also a massive Thank You for being part of Regard for many years, and I can assure you, your time, effort and dedication to Health & Social Care, and the people we support is amazing and certainly appreciated.

Just to address some of the points in your email, we do strive to provide the best possible service for the people we support, yes, recruitment has it's challenges but we do have an equal opportunities policy and if candidates are able to demonstrate their experience or desire to do the job, we need to give them that opportunity but we certainly do care about our staff.

Thank you for your comment of lovely service users and staff, i can assure you - having come from a Support Worker position myself, I understand how rewarding the job is, and how integral having employees like yourself, make us better care provider.

Please speak to the Manager regarding any concerns you have or you are more than welcome to contact me directly for further conversation. I would welcome this conversation.

Kind Regards,

Matthew Butcher
matthew.butcher@regard.co.uk

Excellent team
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, Hampshire1 November 2018
lovely clients, house in good condition and kept up together, amazing manager and staff team.
They have a pet cat which makes the residential home feel more homely.
Pros
Free meals and sleeps
Cons
Extra hours to be covered
Lovely place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  East dorset1 November 2018
I work for this company in East dorset. I have had amazing support working from manageress and are very supportive and understanding about childcare issues. Residents are lovely and make the home.
Pros
Extremely understanding
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at REGARD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8