REEL CINEMAS Employee Reviews

Unprofessional girl interviewing
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire12 October 2018
Had an interview here but it was very unprofessional and lax. The girl was very unprofessional slagging off staff members gossiping, never gave the interview or asked relevant questions. If this is the type of person you have to supervise then I’m very shocked
No Productive Communication
Duty Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grantham6 November 2017
Constant bombardment of irrelevant emails. Continuously asking for site feedback for improvement with nothing every getting done. Lack of trust from Head Office down to site management/staff
Cons
Min. wage and 0 hour with only a 30p rise for managment
Friendly staff, terrible incompetent higher managerial staff
Customer Sales Advisor [Former Projectionist] (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom1 September 2017
Worked here for several years, should have been taken further as I was a somewhat important and good member of the REEL team with a degree. Opportunities arose and inexperienced friends of higher managerial team were brought in instead, keeping the experienced hard working staff at the bottom. Area and head managers were very rude and unwilling to listen or praise.

Rest of staff within Cinema were excellent and always went the extra mile to help customers despite silly restrictions that were brought in, again by members of the REEL Cinema group that were out of touch with the reality of cinema work.

Cinema does not employ Projectionists anymore and all Projectionists were relieved of that title, however, the cinema still required projectionists and would not run properly without former projectionists taking on this job. Managers were expected to become projectionists without the title however they already have enough to do and can't possibly continually monitor film playback and quality etc.
Pros
2 free film tickets a week only usable by yourself and 1 friend.
Cons
No progression and short staffed
Great Place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull31 January 2017
I worked there for 6 months and can honestly say that it is a great working environment.

I was welcomed and settled in quickly

Only left because I moved home and too far to commute
Pros
free films, great location, warm and freindly staff
Long hours and subpar upper management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth2 November 2016
The people are great, and the work is easy, but that is where the positives end. Look up Reel cinema Plymouth closing on google, we were not told a thing about that by management. Our jobs are at risk and management doesn't do us the courtesy of informing us; we had to read it in the paper.

In terms of hours just this week I am forced to miss out on spending fireworks night with my family because I'm working until eleven at night, and then the next day i'm back in for ten in the morning until eleven at night. The company does not care about your life or your needs. They will make you work outrageous hours for next to no money. Mark my words: do not work here.
Reel Cinema
CSA (Customer Service Advisor) (Former Employee) –  Neath21 July 2016
I loved this job as it was an experience over seas in the country i love most, I made fantastic life long friends who to this day i talk with weekly.
Pros
Everything about this job was a pro due to my manager being so great
Cons
I did work long hours but i didnt mind so much