Reeds Rains Estate Agents Employee Reviews

Stressfull
Lettings Manager (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire2 November 2019
Although they push for excellent customer service, which those in branch are trying their damnedest to achieve, this is over shone by the ridiculous targets and poor senior management culture. The branch managers are old and have been around in the same job for 30+ yrs, which does have its benefits but stops change from happening as they are so stuck in their ways and wont allow change to happen
The staff are pushed to the edge with no reward for doing a great job, which most of them do, Its a shame because the company have an idea what they want to achieve but they just dont know what they're doing at the top to make that happen.
Average workplace
In my role as a Sales and Lettings negotiator (Current Employee) –  Salford20 August 2019
The pay is average, but options to have uncapped commissions. Hardly any options for promotion. The hours are fine, staff are friendly and welcoming.
Good stepping stone
Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire6 May 2019
I’ve worked within the industry for many years. This company is a great stepping stone but I wouldn’t recommend being there a while. Pay and commission structure is not good.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Low pay
Appalling
Assistant (Current Employee) –  York5 March 2019
This isn’t directly aimed at Reeds Rains but it’s parent company LSL Property Services plc. As a current employee of this company, my advice to anyone looking at job with any subsidiary of LSL is avoid like the plague. Unfair ethics, favouritism amongst staff and no incentives are just a few things I can list. Directors reward themselves with hefty bonuses while the workers get nothing but a measly pay increase that just gets taxed monthly anyway. Work their employees to the bone and never reward. No scope for advancing up the hierarchy either. Disgusting company. Surprised someone hasn’t investigated them for poor management/treatment of employees.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
As described
Great people and career options.
Regional Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 October 2018
13 years ago I started a job as a trainee estate agent with no idea if I would even like industry. Thankfully I have been fortunate to work for a company that cared for me and with great people who have helped me build a career. Today I still work for Reeds Rains and am very much looking forward to many more years with such a great employer.
Poor Training and Understaffed
Negtiator (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside13 June 2018
I only spent 3 months with the company and knew of around 10 staff members that left in my area during this time.

I was new to estate agency and because we were understaffed my off site training was postponed, and my on site training was practically non existent.

My workload was impossible to complete as I was not shown how to make my work more efficient and more small jobs were added regularly. I was required to carry out all house viewings (5/6 a day ~3 hours), all viewer feedback, answer all phone calls whilst in the office and handle all buyer/tenant enquiries for my branch. I came in early, left late and didn't take my lunch break and still couldn't get on top of my workload.

I did not receive any commission during my time here. Commission is only for the people booking successful viewing/mortgage appointments. I was too busy carrying out the viewings and not in the office.

Another reason I did not stay is the obsession with booking mortgage appointments which I was expected to force on all viewers no matter what.

Great area manager and colleague but they to were overworked and so unable to support new staff.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Unreasonable workload for new staff member
Fantastic company
Senior Negotiator/Lettings Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Wallasey, Merseyside25 January 2018
I this was my first job in estate agency as a sales negotiator, was promoted after 2 years to senior negotiator I then went into the lettings role after 5 years and progressed from there and did my training in Wilmalow
Calm
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire6 November 2017
Relaxed attitutude by all staff for this company.
Employees seem happy with work involved.
All friendly and welcoming.
Good benefits for child care
A great place to build skills
Valuer (Former Employee) –  Manchester1 April 2017
Working at Reeds Rains gave me selling, negotiation and people skills that are largely transferable in many different areas. It encourages hard work but will always support you and you never feel alone.
Ethical and fun
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Thornaby on Tees14 November 2016
Great place to work if your willing to put your head down and go the extra mile. Excellent software, processes, support and tools available. Small enough to care big enough to compete in the industry
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Saturdays
Busy
Administrator/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Congleton1 October 2016
Worked for this company along time and were always good to work for.

Very driven with lots of targets and cross selling. As one of the country's leading estate Agents the demands are high to achieve the best service for customers.
Fun Loving Place of Work.
On Call Editor (Current Employee) –  Dartford29 July 2016
I would from home where I would receive these emails of the photos on Photoshop for me to edit. The management team are very flexible with my work and only call me when they need me. As I work independently I do not have any co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the independence and free working hours.
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
None.
Unethical
Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool11 April 2016
Terrible company doesn't have the clients bat interest at heart constantly hounding and harassing customers the data base is archived but and be accessed at any time no one is ever removed ounce they have your details that's it u will be hounded for years bully people into reducing all in all very poor company staff wages are terrible for work we do staff turnover is the worst I have ever known in 1 year I have seen 12 people come and go upper management use bully boy tactics
Pros
Learn how to hit targets
Cons
To many to list
nice environment
Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, ENG17 August 2015
I worked and gained experience at Reeds Rains Estate Agents and gained a lot of knowledge in the housing industry. I learned a lot of skills such as learning how to deal with customers in certain manners but to also keep them happy at all times and I also learned how to keep everything up to date such as leaflets and other sorts of advertisement for the estate agents and organised everything, which made things a lot easier for the employees there.
Pros
co-workers
Fun work environment, very diverse
Sales Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Southsea, ENG6 August 2013
Answering phones and showing properties, negotiating sales and contacting solicitors and other parties to keep sales together.
I've learnt the skill of negotiation and how to negotiate sales of a very high degree.
Management is fun and fair.
Co-workers are also fun and easy to work with.
Hardest part of the job is keeping sales together and negotiating through the chain of properties.
The most enjoyable part is receiving and offer and creating a sale.. Also looking round a new property to the market for the first time.
Pros
Good hours and fun environment
Cons
Paying a lot for petrol
Busy
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland5 December 2012
A typical day within Reeds Rains starts at 8.30 setting up your day ahead of you. Spending a mix of time out of office while managing what is required in office, phone calls, negotiating sales, etc.
Each day is different and raises different challanges every day.
It is a challanging and demanding job but enjoyable as there is a wide variety of duties to be done, from the mundane to those vital requirements.
Cons
No team atmosphere. Everyone is out for themselves.
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  chester5 July 2012
Colleagues hit their target figures by making up fake appointments, They care more about making money than their clients and customers.
Cons
long hours, 20 min lunches
Busy Working environment
Property Sales Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Southampton14 June 2012
A typical day will start with a morning meeting to set the targets for the day, sometimes, we share best practise to ensure targets are met. We then log onto our phones and systems. There is a morning rush for calls coming through to us then it quietens down and has a steady pace throughout the day. Our jobs is support the branch in their overflow of calls. We either pass on messages or book the appointments they phoned in for e.g. viewings, valuations or financial appointments with our mortgage advisors in branch. Management are very hit and miss, sometimes they're laid back and enjoyable to work with and then they switch and become very strict and unapproachable. However our working team is very strong and fun to work with. This is probably the best part of the job as a positive attitude flows between the team and this shows at the end of the day with figures on the board. The hardest and most challenging part of the job is working with the managers in our department and staff within the branch also the shifts that we do sometimes make it difficult to hit our monthly targets ie the late shifts.
Pros
good bonus scheme
Cons
shifts can be awkward