Play YouTube video button

3.2Job Security & Advancement
Featured review
Redwings Horse Sanctuary selected this as a representative review
great place to work.
Visitor Centre Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxhill, Warwickshire5 February 2019
One of the best places I have ever work, great staff and lovely environment. Times can become very busy and you do not stop all day but the reward of the horse on the door step is amazing.
Productive and fun place to work
Equine Groom (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire16 October 2019
Staff were a lovely group of people to work with. I was given many opportunities to attend rescue missions, events to promote Redwings and home visits. Learnt a lot and had great support from management and other staff.
Friendly and rewarding
Hall Staff (Current Employee) –  Hapton9 October 2019
Redwings is a truly rewarding place to work, with the added bonus of seeing beautiful equines everyday. I always feel like a valued member of the team.
10 October 2019

How wonderful to hear, thanks so much for your lovely review!

The job would be amazing, except for the bully culture.
They will know me. (Former Employee) –  Various13 September 2019
There is a culture throughout the staff structure of bullying which forces out the good staff. If you try to tackle the subject of bullying, you are ostracized and forced out of the company. stand against them at your own peril. Jobs are not secure and the mindset is that you are privileged to be allowed to work there. Sad, because there are some amazing staff there, doing amazing things under difficult circumstances.
10 October 2019

Thanks for your review, so sorry however that you feel you did not have a good experience with us. We would very much like to know more about your experiences as we take allegations of bullying very seriously and would like to investigate this further. As a former employee you will be aware that as an organisation we have very robust policies and procedures in place to cover such things, these are intended to protect our staff and to ensure that anyone raising concerns is listened to and treated fairly. If this has not been your experience please get in touch as soon as possible so we can look into this, thank you so much, email hr@redwings.co.uk.

Good company to work for
Day team member (Former Employee) –  Norwich27 August 2019
Good company to work for but the pay isn't great. Communication is poor at times. All the horses and ponies are well looked after and they are the main priority to all of the staff .
10 October 2019

Thanks so much for your feedback and for taking the time to write this review. Communication is always a challenge in a large organisation but this is something we are always seeking to improve, if you have any more specific feedback please do get in touch hr@redwings.co.uk thank you x

Depends where you are
Equine Team Member (Current Employee) –  Norwich9 June 2019
Mostly believe they are a great company to work for, however depends massively on which farm/centre you are at.

Mainly due to individual management and treatment of staff.
Pros
Horses
Cons
10 October 2019

Thanks so much for your review, and for all your hard work for Redwings! We would love to hear more about your concerns, please drop us a line to hr@redwings.co.uk thanks so much and best wishes

Lovely place
Charity Worker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk19 September 2017
Multiple tasks, varied but busy workloads in all departments. Learned that you cannot please everyone all the time. Upper management excellent. Individual teams were very supportive of each other, quite friendly, often help in other departments. Hardest part was seeing new rescued animals or losing others. Most enjoyable part was seeing improvement in rescued animals and the beautiful setting through the seasons.
10 October 2019

How lovely to hear and thanks for leaving a review, very best wishes

Fun environment & Rewarding
Equine Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich14 September 2016
Working for Redwings was a rewarding job knowing you were making the lives of abandoned and abused horses much better.
The company was a well organised company to work for including a good pension scheme.
Pros
Fun team and free pony cuddles!
Cons
Working in all weather conditions
10 October 2019

What a lovely review thank you so much (we love pony cuddles!!)

very busy farm
Equine team member (Former Employee) –  Hapton2 November 2015
My daily duties were feeding horses and cleaning stables and daily tractor driving, moving hay and straw around the farm with tractor trailer, I would also clean the fields with a sweeper witch is a skip with wheels and a brush to pick up the muck.
Pros
good place to work
Proactive place to work
visitors centre Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fritton, Norfolk3 July 2015
I worked at a visitors centre working with the horses. I was in charge on the managers absence and I would hold the work phone and email movements of horses each day if they were moved from field to field. I would manage the team and give out jobs in the morning and afternoon and ensure a smooth running of the farm. I would liaise with the vets if a horse needed veterinary attention. I was in charge of locking and unlocking the premises on a daily basis and this included setting various alarms at the end of the day. I would support my manager in any decisions made and support the team with any query on problem they may have come across. This role included the use of teamwork to get tasks completed in the day and communication between my team and manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redwings Horse Sanctuary. Our community is ready to answer.

Redwings Horse Sanctuary Reviews by Location