Redrow Employee Reviews

A truly terrible place to work!
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  South East8 April 2019
Its true what they say, the people definitely make the place.

A deep rooted culture of bullying, lying and back stabbing, coupled with appalling treatment of project partners and non payments to contractors!

Completely understandable that they are losing their credibility amongst the industry and the public.
Pros
I don't work there anymore.
Cons
Poor treatment of staff.
Telehandler Operator
Telehandler (Current Employee) –  Wakefield19 February 2019
Good place to work, good staff, well structured, Job planning essential due to the speed required to keep all trades well stocked with materials on a new build site.
Workplace
CPCS Telescopic Forklift Driver/Pointed Person (Former Employee) –  Darlaston, West Midlands16 January 2019
This site was nearly complete so there was only a year left. The next site was to far to travel. My typical day would to check the forklift making sure it had ticked all my sheet so it was good to go.

I would make sure that all trades had there material in the order that is needed. I would also clean the site where all the bricks and materials were kept. I would off load lorries and collect water butts which would be filled and taken back.

Management was really good they knew exactly what should happen at what stage

The hardest part of the job was when all the trades wanted their material but I always worked it out to keep them happy

The enjoyable side was that I enjoyed what I was doing and the trades would have a laugh with you
Pros
Enjoyable workplace
Cons
Next site was too far
ok
Site assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire22 October 2018
ok not a bad place to work , some good things some bad same as any job pay was ok could have been better some of the managers didn't have a clue s,
Excellent company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 August 2018
I spent a few years working here and enjoyed every moment.The night shift is very relaxed but on the other hand extremely productive.The people are so friendly and helpful
Productive place & quality works
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Malden, Essex4 August 2018
Well working hours
Good Work Environment
Moderate work and poor management of housing supervision.
Moderate behavior by colleagues.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I have done the snagging of two houses.
Unfortunately, my comments on the imperfections of this houses were ignored.
Fair company to work for
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheshire10 July 2018
This company is a good company to work for. They offer plenty of training and encouragement on self development.

Excellent health & safety culture. The company organises frequent staff social events.
Pros
breakfast on the company once a month
Cons
Tight build programmes
Good work team.
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 June 2018
Good people at work. Everyone knows their job. Team works well with other contractors on site to get the job done. Would recommend to other engineers.
Pros
Good management.
Cons
No stable positions.
Construction Experience in UK
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire17 June 2018
Having already spent 8 years in Construction Industry working in UK, i now would like expand my career working in UAE offer my skills and experience. Working with major residential developers.
Good work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 May 2018
Was a very good experience , building 256 flats in Park Royal and help my knowledge working for a developer . I had a very good relation work with The management team of that site
Roller Coaster
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom13 May 2018
Fantastic product and beautiful developments. CEO is genuinely an inspirational character. The company is always evolving, however, they need to refine one new project before beginning another.

New customer care system really lets the team down. NHBC scores/customer relations have suffered because of it. Middle management is also up and down and often slow to come to a decision often changing their minds! When working in a front line customer facing role both of these negatives make the job ten times unnecessarily harder.
Pros
When pay is good it's fantastic
Cons
Weekend work, some departments seem to drag others efforts down
good company
Labouring Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Exeter12 April 2018
good people place was ok nice to work. loads of manual work lifting moving fast pace enviroment. built three to four houses with the bricllayers good times
Proactive interaction wth the working trades at site level
Facade Manager (Current Employee) –  London12 March 2018
Redrow is a vibrant company with lots to offer its employees.

It has an active social aspect for bring the team together and constantly emails its staff about up and coming events.

Its site based IT needs some tweaking as site activities are different to the office administration.

A normal day would consist of a daily briefing with the supervisors from each trade and we would process their planned works and make sure this wouldn't directly affect any other site based trades. This works most of the time, however on the odd days that there are clashes we tend to identify the problem and resolve it after a few minutes. This is a proactive and very direct meeting which will resolve all issues.

The remaining course of the day tends to be meetings, progress updates and reporting and planning ahead for the next day, week, month.

The hardest part of the day is the mornings as the smaller trades don't have a non working supervisor so we tend to help them a lot.
Pros
Its very interactive works with the trades on site
Cons
The hours can be long
Great team members
Labourer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Kingsteignton, Devon20 February 2018
Whilst working for red row homes I carried out a labourers job, everyone on site was supportive and found ways to give me tips or advice to gain either a better understanding for the jobs I would be doing or just better experience forwarding my skills into becoming a bricklayer. There was no pressure put upon me at any point and I found it very easy to get along with everybody on site.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Redrow Homes
Commercial Directors Sec (Former Employee) –  Laindon, Essex16 January 2018
As long as you look good it doesn't matter how hard you work, you will never be appreciated. They also allowed bulling in the work place, especially between the women of the company.
Constantly busy with various jobs in all weather conditions
Site Labourer (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire18 December 2017
My experience with redrow has been quite pleasant and joyful. I’ve taken on board the tasks and responsibilities expected of me I’ve helped other employees also. And have a good working relationship among my peers.
Pros
Annual bonus
Cons
Working out in all types of weather and ground
Every Day is different
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire28 November 2017
In a typical work day I work with a mixture of work colleagues and clients. My role is to sell the Redrow product with a mixture of property portfolio. Each client is different, my role is to match the client from their needs. I need to ensure the client is financially
qualified. Along with selling the actual product my role also involves upsetting extras. In 2017 I achieved a sales revenue of 5 million pounds. My role is customer driven, up holding Redrows core values and selling this over my competitors. My role consists of managing the clients needs from the minute they enquire about our properties to the day they move in. I love working with customers I get a buzz from working closely with them and making their dreams come true.
Short term
Finishing Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrow20 November 2017
I worked only a few days here as I got hospitalised for a life threatening condition. Good team, good culture. I received the necessary help and guidance from an assigned colleague. I wish I stayed but the work had to progress so, they did not wait for me to come back.
good company to work for
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  north west9 October 2017
I enjoyed my time at Redrow and gained a lot of knowledge and experience in my time there, but I feel its been too long ago to make an up to date valued assessment of the company.
great
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  midlands3 September 2017
it is a great place to work. i can reccomend the place of work to anyone wanting to work there. good benefits and holiday. excellent training opportunities.
Pros
supportive