Redrow

Redrow Employee Reviews

United Kingdom64 reviews
Fast paced regardless of the weather and reliability of trades turning up. Many good people were sacked due to a juvenile leader. Get the buyers in and worry about defects later. Not ideal..
Pros
Good tradesmen and women
Cons
Foolish leaders
Unfortunately I have been made redundant from Redriw Homes however they are a fantastic employer and I will miss them! The Redriw in house training us 2nd to none and has given me a great advantage within the industry.
Pros
Excellent commission
Cons
Low basic salary
They talk the talk about staff but have let me down twice, I knew I shouldn’t have gone back. Old fashioned builders well behind the times, care more about share holders than staff. Redrow 8 is a joke, an absolute shower to work for, don’t go near them. They will sap the life from you, like most companies these days bothered about awards that mean nothing when you see behind the scenes!!!
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Care more about shareholders than staff or environment, old fashioned
Hated working here. If your face don't fit your gone. No loyalty or job security. No work life balance. They push you until you break and then offer no support.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Favouritism - managers have their favourites
Back stabbing

Unfairness

Salary not reviewed when it is supposed to be

Their end product is not what they advertise

Customers are always complaining about the poor finish of the product
Redrow are an excellent company to work for . Great management & set up in a way which can help you succeed. Good people which helps make a good atmosphere to work in. At times stressful but that is expected for a very busy construction site. My biggest disappointment is the fact i was told on many occasions how well i am performing & i was to be offered a contract, this did not happen & i feel let down by this.
This was a great company to work for as materials always on site and ready to be fitted, also the health and safety care of the company I felt was epic
Redrow is probably one of the stressful environments I have worked in, very fast pace loads of pressure and very tight deadlines to meet. trying to cope with everyone and everything on site is just to much.
Got promoted within the company, went on many courses to make me more productive...
Tired off moving from site to site & long distances

Money not great

But bullying is rife throughout the South Wales division

The MD gives you unrealistic targets to meet
Good place to work, usual day would consist of your normal labouring duties. One day I done that well, the site manager even gave me one of his jam sandwiches!!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Physical work
i can honestly not think of 1 good thing about working for Redrow southeast.

Bullying is rife, narcissistic managers, place is full of backstabbers and 2 faced people, and so much bribery goes on behind the scenes.

senior managers are more interested in going out drinking then supporting staff and you are put down when you ask for help or any kind of training.

i have worked for a few developers and Redrow are the absolute worse out there.
Having worked for a few developers the Redrow product really stands out. We’ll build and beautiful, it makes the job a lot easier than selling average body crammed in new homes
Sales management needs improvement in the Thames Valley region. Lots of bully tactics and pointless duplicate work daily.
Such a shame when when one person lets the side down.
Loved working for Redrow - survived lots of Company changes over the years. Best time of my working life was starting with Redrow and being involved in the Vision development at Devonport. Such a historic moment.
Good pay good working conditions good health and safety canteen facilities good good relationships with the managers and staff good working hours overtime available
Very good company, look after there staff with holidays and bonuses.

Easy days half days Friday. You'll actually have the choice to make more money on weekends
Redrow Homes - Cheltenham
April 2018- September

I have worked for Redrow Homes At Brizen Park, as a sales consultant. My job included, dealing and handling bookings, sending emails, chasing solicitors, and also dealing with customers on a daily basis. I really did enjoy this job and it helped me more and more everyday to make sure that I was driven to carry on with great customer service. I had to stop working here due to travel, but I had always loved this job. And it was an incredible company to work for.
Pros
pom
Good company to work for, very friendly and I was very sad to be made redundant. I learned a lot from working there, they are very safety conscious and generous
Pros
Good firm
Bullying is rife. No work life balance . A truly awful place to work. Although you have hours of work they expect you in 2 hours early and to work 1 to 2 hours later. Calling you in your days off constantly and asking you to make calls.
Pros
Cons
Bullying
Its true what they say, the people definitely make the place.

A deep rooted culture of bullying, lying and back stabbing, coupled with appalling treatment of project partners and non payments to contractors!

Completely understandable that they are losing their credibility amongst the industry and the public.
Pros
I don't work there anymore.
Cons
Poor treatment of staff.
A great company to work for and work colleagues who will be friends for life. I enjoyed the role itself and got on very well with my Director which is very important working at Senior PA level.

I would have stayed but decided to go travelling for a sabbatical.
Pros
Good salary / work/life balance