Recovery Focus Employee Reviews

Avoid. Absolutely terrible place to work!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire17 July 2019
Generally, the management of this organisation are ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! They couldn’t care less. Many of the managers should not be working in the care sector. Obviously the paperwork has to be done, but not to the detriment of the service users. Staff turn over is really high, because when people have enough of being dumped on from a great hight they swiftly leave. Their grivance procedure is good on paper, but a sham in practice. no work/life balance. Thy have the look when they speak to you like they are smelling something rotten. If you want to work in this job because you care, don't work her. If you are a bully who only cares about superficial appearences, maybe this will suit you odwn to the ground. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
service users
Cons
This isn't the worst company I've ever worst for, but it's in the top one.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 July 2019
This is a charity, but you seriously have to question the motives of why senior people within it are doing the jobs that they are. The know how much everything costs but the cost of their behaviour on front line staff is really detrimental. They review process is frequently abused by managers, they seem to employ managers who are social inept and lack basic levels of empathy or compassion and if you genuinely care about people with mental health problem, then this bunch of clowns is more likely to turn you into a service user than allow you to properly help any. The 'supervisions' are used as an exercise for the managers to collect dirt on people and the back stabbing is prolific. Stay well clear.
Pros
Service Users
Cons
Managers
Awful, incompetent, heartless, careless bullies!!!
Recovery Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire8 July 2019
A National Disgrace

I like supporting vulnerable people, but not with this vile company.
The service is terrible and the management do not care about staff.
Staff feel like the managers favour each other at the expense of the staff and managers.
I would never recommend that any work works for these, other than for punishment. I developed mental health problems my self whilst working there and they couldn't care less. I feel damaged having worked for them and hope people see the company for what they actually are. AWFUL.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Working there
Embarassed to be associated with them
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire7 July 2019
Tried my best for the service users but some of the staff just spent the whole time moaning about things. I felt very isolated a lot. I found that management were very poor and the rota meant that you were tired after sleep in then had to come in a do a day shift. When you are loyal to them they show none in return. The staff survery was pointless as nothing was taken on board. No one ever asked 'are you OK?' It's all lip service when they do respond.
Pros
The Service Users
Cons
The Staff
Never work for them none of the services are good
Mental Health Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire7 July 2019
Poor management of service, extremely clicky and talk about and name calling of anyone off sick. No occupational health when requested.
Management bully recovery workers and are very unprofessional in their manner of speech no support from on call management, never answer.
If you then have to use your own inichative can't do right from doing wrong whatever you do!!
Staff turn around is significantly bad 6months tops as management lie in interviews and don't honer what they agree with you at the time then pretend they never said it.
Salary bad. Work load is too much and never actually get to work with residents as too busy with paper work and cleaning the whole home as no cleaner, ridiculous in a care home to have no cleaner. Staff have ended up working at dangerous long hours illegally with no brake or even a thank you. Never mind a good morning to anyone. Spied on made to feel stupid and incompetent when it's the management that don't rember what they said or listen to your concerns. NEVER TAKE A JOB WITH THEM
Pros
Fellow recovery workers
Cons
Illegally working over shift time eg waking night
Poor show!
Support Worker/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 July 2019
Poor support. Asked to do too many hours, then I was told that they would support me as long as it was contingent with the business plan. People would come in and the socially unable manager would just sit there and not even introduce himself. Was asked to give feedback that wasn't accurate to try and convince external people that they were good. Pay and promotional opportunities were very poor, Staff were paranoid of getting into trouble with ever slightest little thing that they did, managers appeared very cliquey. Poor Show!
Pros
The service Users
Cons
The Company
Recovery Focus
Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Southend3 July 2019
A poor company to work for, the staffing levels are dangerously low, the work life balance is awful and you are not listened to if you voice concerns.
Pros
The opportunity to make positive changes, a good pension scheme, good TPS.
Cons
Long hours, under staffed, inappropriate client groups, unrealistic workload. Very poor management.
Good Training shocking Management that don't care about bullying
Support Worker Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 July 2019
I looked at this organisation and thought 'wow they look good'. Got some training that was OK, but that was squashed by the fact that the managers were poor. The staff are extremely paranoid.
Pros
Training
Cons
The rest of it
Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near people with mental health problems!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 July 2019
I am extremely disappointed at my experience with this disgusting organisation. Whenever I raised a legitimate issue the incompetant manager would say 'well, we'll treat that as a competancy issue then'. The PR that they have is nonsense. They don't like people with humanity and are only interested in money.

Should be ashamed of themselves!
Pros
Cons
Managers
Bullies
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire25 June 2019
Is the term 'Recovery Focused' supposed to be Ironic?

1) They bully their staff.
2) When bullying is reported to management, they don't care.
3) They put money into sound bites and talking the talk, but don't live up to it.
4) Should be ashamed of the way that they treat staff
5) Should be ashamed of treating people with mental health problems as cash cows.
6) Wages are poor
7) Overcorporateized.
8) May as well have been working for a bank got more support from working in a supermarket.
9) Indicative of their attitude towards staff, as of 25 June 2019, they only seem to have replied to reviews left by managers, and even they are a pro forma.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Their existence
Terrible company - Richmond Fellowship, Macclesfield
Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield18 June 2019
If you are good at your job and take pride in your work do not work for this company as just awful. I was left isolated working on my own for 12 months in a homeless hostel with no professional support whatsoever, I was at risk every day and it was just pure luck and the help of the residents that I wasn't attacked.
The Team Leader was useless and cant manage whilst the locality manager made zero contribution to the project and merely showed up once a year to give you a patronizing hug!? When visiting head office it was clear all the mangers did was wander around drinking coffee.
Nobody showed the slightest interest in the lives of the residents and simply awful. I got no induction, no support when I asked for it, I was on my own for a year, and when I complained I was suspended and may as well have just written a resignation letter. I wrote a twelve page letter detailing my complaints and all accurate. Don't work here as you will be let down by this awful company. Poor salary and you won't be rewarded if you put the residents first. They employ young people who haven't got the balls to complain and this is a deliberate policy.
Pros
Cons
No management
Great place to work with fantastic management.
Senior practitioner (Former Employee) –  Horsham16 June 2019
Loved working here. Loads of training and some opportunity to progress. Management are very supportive. Good rate for petrol allowance. Provides very good service to its service users.
Pros
Great team leaders
Cons
Low starting salary
Appalling Company, Not Supportive, Beware of the Competency Framework being weaponized
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire24 May 2019
Appalling Company. The Management Culture is one of business and weaponizing the competency framework. I was ill when I left there.

I have met several people who have worked there, who have said that their public image doesn't match how it is on the ground.

I was not supported by the Managers, the work was extremely boring and I wasn't able to help service users how I would like because I was held back by pedantic nonsense.
Pros
Cons
Being Bullied
Fun place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 May 2019
Staff are extremely friendly and good to work with. Managers are always on hand to listen to any complaints or help with any work as and when needed. Everyone is always willing to go above and beyond for the tenants
Quality Services
Manager (Former Employee) –  England3 May 2019
Services deliver high quality support to people every day. Staff are very caring and provide excellent support to people in need. Teams work well together and support each other.
Dont go there
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  St Annes, Lancashire19 April 2019
The management are distant and only comply with standards when necessary for example visitors and CQC. Create false promises and rarely support service users full needs, leaving them more confused than before entering. Management only think about their own wellbeing stay clear
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Great colleges Poor managment
Recovery Worker (Current Employee) –  East Hampshire, Hampshire4 January 2019
working for RF i have learned a lot of new thing as a company they lack a cohesive solid management, we are always understaffed and the culture of naming if rife.
Pros
Flexability wuth how you manage your day
Cons
Too much passing the bucket from higher management
Volunteer role
Volunteer beta tester (Former Employee) –  Stowmarket4 January 2019
Always well managed and looked after my needs, they strive to be a leader in coproduction alongside clients. As an organisation they have achieved amazing things!
Pros
Ethical, and positive outlook organisation
Cons
Feels sometimes like general staff overworked
Worked for Richmond
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire2 January 2019
I worked for Richmond Fellowship for 2 years and really enjoyed my time that I worked there. Manager was not much support but the Senior carers were on top at all times
Pros
Good compony to work for
Cons
Long hours.
Fantastic employer doing valuable work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire20 December 2018
The Richmond Fellowship are an excellent organisation to work for. Their service users and employees are all highly valued and every employee I every dealt with from care assistants to directors was committed to delivering the best outcomes for those in or accessing their services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Focus. Our community is ready to answer.