Recovery Focus

Recovery Focus Employee Reviews

United Kingdom101 reviews
You can flourish if you are able to work hard, are a self starter, collaborate and demonstrate initiative. RF are a flexible employer who support a healthy worklife balance.
Supportive management and rewarding job. There is a good work life balance and are flexible around family friendly working. Always has a good team ethos even when times get challenging
7 April 2020
Thank you for taking your time to provide us with some valuable feedback regarding your employment at Richmond Fellowship. Your comments are helpful and much appreciated. Your feedback will help us to continually improve the standard of service offered to our employees, people who use our services and external clients.
I enjoy working there and I have learned all sorts of things manger is very friendly easy work and you can do part time or full time they a lot of activities like art or sort and Christmas parts aswell.
7 April 2020
Great service. I love working for Richmond Fellowship . Really helps people towards recovery. Fantastic team and great to be able to make a difference. Supportive culture and good training. Supportive management and have learnt so much working in crisis. Really does make a difference supporting people experiencing mental health crisis and helping to move forward.
Very rewarding
7 April 2020
Really enjoyed working with the clients but thats where the good times end. Massive culture of favouritism from managment who were never contactable, telling different pojects at x they were at y and vice versa. Understaffed, underpaid, particularly given the background of some of the clients. Slept on pull out sofa in office. High staff turnover. No discipline for staff who were constantly late/left early. Clients were great but no therapies offered only medication so recoverly not impliemnted at all. Unsociable hours with no thanks.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
Not a very nice company to work for at all. Under paid for the work you do. Service users not valued at all. Poor management would definitely not recommend working for the company
26 February 2020
Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a more positive experience at Richmond Fellowship. Your feedback will help us to continually improve the standard of service offered to our employees, people who use our services and external clients. We value the contribution of all our employees and wish you every success in the future.
I worked as an employment adviser the job itself was lovely and I felt like I made a difference.. the company has many opportunities to progress and the management team were very supportive
I would recommend working as an employment adviser with RF ..the training is good so don’t worry if you do not have experience in this area of work .
26 February 2020
Terrible management that had no care for staff morale or mental wellbeing. Staff went off sick due to their own mental health issues, despite supporting individuals experiencing mental health crisis.
No support if an incident happens. No awareness of staffs needs to progress.

Paid next to minimum wage for long shifts, some "sleep in" shifts, you'd get no sleep and be expected to continue with the shift the next day. Despite this being a health and safety issue.

No room for progression as management have been in the system so long they pick and choose who they want to employ. To clicky.
Fantastic company . Respected it's values and ethics . Enjoyed my time with them . Gained A lot of knowledge and skills . Would highly recommend anyone wanting to try them .
8 January 2020
The staff who work here are fantastic and are wholly underestimated by management. The ethos of the organisation is perfect howver is not reflected in practice.
8 January 2020
I worked my way from a volunteer in 2014 up to Team Leader in 2017. Change in management and available finances meant that support for the role was limited. But I managed to work through this and I am now part of the Opportunity Recovery College for Windsor Ascot and Maidenhead,
8 January 2020
I worked in the therapeutic community for people with Borderline Personality Disorder. It is a challenging environment as is any job with this client group but the most rewarding job. I worked with a fantastic team and supportive manager and had regular supervision and reflective practice. I gained great experience here and would recommend to anyone wanting to work with people with mental health problems or wanting to gain mental health/psychology experience.
15 November 2019
Over 20 staff have left so that should tell you all you need to know! Bad management, cliques with favourites and very poor progression or valuing of workers’ skills and qualifications.
28 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your experiences and we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a more positive experience working with the organisation – we’re really proud of our services in Cambridge. We would be keen to talk to you and to hear why this was not your experience and what practical things we might be able to do to address any concerns you found – as a result of your review, we’ve been back and reviewed our staff exit surveys for the last 6 months to see if we could find any more detail but couldn’t find anything of concern.

We have also looked into the concern you raised about the number of leavers; as you’ll know, Cambridge is one of the services we operate within our East Anglia region; we’ve looked back over our leavers details and can confirm that there have been 13 voluntary leavers across East Anglia in the last 12 months. Thank you also for raising the point about internal career progression; this is really important to us and is something we’ve been working on organisationally since it was flagged as a concern in a previous staff survey. We’ve been working hard on this and, as a result, have achieved 53 internal promotions over the last year. We’re building on this work this year in one of our Corporate Projects, looking at how we can improve career development opportunities for our colleagues; we’ve recently reviewed and relaunched our Induction Learning Pathway as phase one of this project.

As above, we would like to thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review and, if you would like to talk to us about any of your experiences,
 - more...
It was an intensive but rewarding 4 years working for Richmond Fellowship in North Shields. We worked in an intensive way with clients that lived at the service for two years. Due to the intensive nature there was a lot of support in place for staff (supervision, reflective practice, team practice supervision). This was in addition to the care and support from fellow staff members but especially the care and care from the excellent manager
15 November 2019
Very challenging job role in a very challenging environment, I was never bored and really enjoyed the amount of thought that had to go into it each day to stay one step ahead. I was lucky to work with an amazing team of people who all had the service users interests at heart and would go above and beyond to make sure that our service users were first priority. My team leader was brilliant, insightful, kind but firm she would make sure she did her all in supporting her staff but was realistic in her expectations and would work closely to ensure you were supported.
15 November 2019
I have worked for Richmond fellowship for 11 years, obviously still being there i enjoy it. I think their values and ethic are what makes them different to other mental health charities. The recovery approach works so well, lots of clients have moved onto independent living.They care about the people who use our services. As an employee i work with a supportive manager and team.
15 November 2019
Good company to work for. Really easy going and work ethics are good. Clients are all happy with the service we provide and have excellent care. Staff are looked after and safety is priority. I can recommend working here.
15 November 2019
Management are making things up blatantly telling lies about staff , but if you suck up to management you are ok.
spend more time lone working supporting 12 adults with mental health problems

spend less time with service users and more time on computers doing notes , avoid like the plague management don't care about your wellbeing that's why there is a lot of long term sick .

Management don't interact with service users and only the staff they like otherwise you are treated like something they have stepped in .

work for this company and you will end up breaking down and having a mental illness .
Pros
service users
Cons
senior staff
As an Employment Adviser, I cover part of North Yorkshire, so I work in complete autonomy, managing my own time and allowing myself to put my skills into practice, developing and adapting them to the context of the clients I support.

Although this contingency of some isolation is the least positive factor of my work, my experience with RF, specifically in the person of my Manager, is excellent, as I have always felt supported and praised without being invasive of my own personal planning strategies and development of my skills, having done everything to improve my sense of belonging to the company with clear success. Much has been contributed by the many catch-ups made during my work week, several 1-2-1 meetings and monthly team meetings, as well as weekly updates on the work outcomes of all our Employment Advisers and the disclosure of company media such as "Heads Up", RF intranet, and all company information that is automatically passed on to everyone.

The tools and procedures that the company makes available to me to ensure my safety in the performance of my duties are amazing and reflect the culture of concern for the well-being of employees that I always felt was the most important.
Pros
Managing, Autonomy, Confidence, Safety, Support
Cons
Induction training adapted to Employment Service
15 November 2019
I have been working for RF for 19 months, 6 months via agency and 13 months for the company. I can honestly say that they are the best company I have worked for. Both management and the team I am part of are very supportive and are always encouraging. The team are always flexible and always happy to help each other out when needed. My manager is also flexible and is always keen to keep work/life balance as it should be.The team all work alongside each other in supporting our service users to make sure their needs are met. The training with RF is outstanding, I have worked for other companies where they say there is training available and it doesn't happen. RF offer both e learning and training courses, as well as opportunity to gain further qualifications and for staff to work their way up to management level. The training is updated on a regular basis.
I feel privileged that I work for a company where both staff and service users matter.
15 November 2019
Bad inter staff balance, bad management, terrible salary, they say theres plenty of CPD there really is none, the regional manager didn't speak at all unless it was to complain.