Reading Borough Council Employee Reviews for Leisure Attendant

not bad place to work
Part time Lifeguard/Leisure attendant (Current Employee) –  Reading6 June 2015
the politics within the company are a joke. if you're a casual attendant and you apply for a full time position, you could do the best interview ever, but if your face doesn't fit, you will not get the job. this has happened to me.i have been working there as a casual for 3 years now, i was told i couldn't improve my interview, yet i couldn't get the job over someone that has never worked in leisure, and doesn't have the required qualifications for the job.
Pros
pays well
Cons
politics are rediculous
Fun workplace
Leisure Attendant (Current Employee) –  Reading, ENG24 October 2013
The managers where I work are amazing, they are willing to help you no matter the situation and I enjoy learning and working with them. I am close to my work colleagues and get on with everyone, but as I am working in various centres I am constantly working with different people all the time. The hardest part of my job can be cleaning on a late shift as you have to clean the whole building which can be dragged out if you are on shift who doesn't have a cleaning standard as high as yours, but I know I can motivate my fellow colleagues. The most enjoyable part is going to work seeing my coworkers, customers and meeting new people.
Pros
Use of swimming pools and gyms around Reading
Cons
Can be tedious and repetitive, I tend to work most weekends as well
Swimming Teacher, Receptionist, Leisure Attendant (Current Employee) –  Reading16 March 2013
I have been a Swimming Teacher and Leisure Attendant, reporting for duties throught the day. My job consisted of reception work, cleaning, lifeguarding and interacting with customers. I have learnt a lot about different tyes of people and how to deal with different peoples needs. I enjoy working and interacting with people in a friendly environment. The management levels are good. This job has made me achieve good time keeping standards. As everything is kept to a rota, Therefore to get the most out of the time we spend there we have to keep to time limits to get everything done.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
working most weekends