RBC Employee Reviews

Found 55 reviews matching the search See all 2,975 reviews
Good wages and benefits
Trust Officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey30 October 2018
Unfortunately there is a culture of bullying and harassment allowed to continue through weak management. Good wages and benefits. I am sure the new building is very nice with a good cafe.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Weak management with regard to bullying
Love it
Hospitality Assistant and Catering (Former Employee) –  London12 October 2018
I worked in this company for year and a half and I love it. Everyone is happy there, the staff is really nice, the Lexington food is delicious, love the amenities and the races every year!
Pros
Free lunch
Difficult place to work
Fiduciary Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey2 October 2018
As a business, this is not the happiest place to work. The work is varied and you have to be prepared to work in stressful situations and to tight deadlines.
The hardest part of the job is the managerial staff.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends you make.
The work changes regularly but you aren't informed of this until you do it the wrong way.
Pros
friendships
Cons
managerial staff
Ok but for a short time
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 September 2018
No career if you are based outside of Toronto or willing to relocate.
Management is usually composed of RBC employees that got promoted.
Not much views on the rest of the market,so hard to change things.
Pros
Life work balance
Cons
Management, salaries, no career prospective.
Job security
Financial Reporting Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 August 2018
Long hours, bad processes and systems, unprofessional but kind management, high staff turnover, good for job security. I do not know many people who felt it was a good place to work.
na
SQL Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  London (remotely)30 May 2018
Hours are flexible, different cultures are not easily aligned and globalisation is main goal but they have a hard time staying true to their goal. Career growth is hard to come by unless you are politically inclined and good at networking, doing a good job is not enough to move up.
what i learned
Team Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 April 2018
A newbie to the banking sector I looked forward to experiencing and adapting to the culture within RBC to be able to gain additional skills that would assist me in my day to day as well as encourage me to grow within the sector.
Strong and reliable team
Hospitality Assistant and Vending Operator (Current Employee) –  London5 April 2018
Good environment: friendly and very professional.
As I did not have much experience on catering when I joined the team, I can say they had a great team work spirit to fit me in the job duties. Very reliable. On very busy days they provide us with a support team and everything is organised.
I acquired a huge luggage on professional, personal and interpersonal experience.
Social
IT Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 March 2018
RBC has a great social investment, putting a lot of effort in organising various events. This is a great opportunity to market our RBC brand in the city of London.
Pros
Lots of fund raising for charity
Cons
Can be a challenge to participate due to work commitments
Ba/pm
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 March 2018
Great environment and colleagues.
The stakeholders I worked with were very professional and helpful.
I would definitely recommend this firm to any contractors.
excellent fab facility, very high quality of work
pipe fabricator, inspector, client rep. (Former Employee) –  walker, teeside15 January 2018
you didnt last long at RBC if you were not a highly skilled pipe fabricator. worked both on benches and as company representative between RBC and variuos clients, also drove wagon to deliver completed pipework to site, as well as answering any engineering queeries.
Amazing Company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2017
Given the nature and reputation of RBC, my role meant reaching out to people across the business both locally and internationally.

A well oiled and efficient business where people are happy to help.

Although it can be stressful it was also very rewarding
Pros
Amazing facilities
Productive and good momentum
Vice President (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 October 2017
Good productivity and momentum. Friendly, driven. High paced, friendly environment with lots of talent and unique culture. The company gives you access to several resources for your own personal and career growth.
Progresssive company
Phoenix Technical & Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire27 September 2017
Very successful company, have a vision and are willing to invest. Have a great technical team producing some well engineered product.
they are a demanding company but the rewards were high, all staff were good to get on with.
Pros
Support
Cons
Distance
Enjoyable place to work
Scotland Project Lead (Contracting) (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh20 August 2017
Very enjoyable contract which i learned lots in terms of management of senior stakeholders in order to deliver project goals to tight timescales. Steep learning curve as it was my first proper project role but great support from a very hard working team help me achieve my goals.
Lovely company to work for with high core values
Senior Roadshow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, UK28 March 2017
Very professionally run operation
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh21 February 2017
Despite only being at RBC on a short-term contract, covering maternity leave, I was very impressed how the company was run and the working environment created.
Pros
Salary/benefits ad job culture/working environment
Busy environment
AVP - Financial Control (Former Employee) –  London City Airport20 February 2017
I have worked here as financial control and line of business controller. It was a good experience especially if you looking for a challenge and lots more.
Liked the job
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2017
I liked the job but the office ethos was not appealing. I learned a lot on how to work in a fast paced office with a variety of different characters and their working needs.
great
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  London15 February 2017
This is a great bank to work at and hence I would highly recommend people to intern here. The amount you can learn in a short span of time is unparalleled.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K