RB Employee Reviews

United Kingdom131 reviews
RB are a fantastic bunch of people, who seem truly passionate about the products and work they do. Having said that, to prosper in this company you need that passion yourself! If the products don't excite you, the more difficult times will be that much more painful to work through (think big milestones in the project timeline). However if you have the passion, there is nothing stopping you from flourishing here. The hiring process leaves something to be desired from my personal experience; being unable to contact HR to arrange an interview date is a nightmare to say the least!
I have never heard people talk to each other like this before. The managers are disgusting with the language and the way they carry themselves. After reading reviews I was not surprised but they act so unprofessionally. So many times now, I am only here for the money until I can leave as it is torture, only know how people have stayed here for years makes me wonder.

Avoid this place at all costs, only take a job here if it is the last resort. Same bully managers in the same role for years no developement for them required.

Avoid this place at all costs, only take a job here if it is the last resort
I like working at Hull except most of the team members and man techs have more knowledge and brains than the managers?????????????

It sticks out like dogs............ You can say good morning to your manager and they grunt back at you, not a good example of good work practices but they are all untouchable.

Apart from that the job is fine running a line I have not been trained on. Not been trained in any quality procedures as I asked my quality manager and they just brushed me off, be careful as they are all trying to climb the ladder at any expense.
All about who you are sleeping with. Fisco and Dries Dept are a pit of vipers and if you are not sleeping with the management then you are out of the circle, need to be foreign and/or sleeping with Dries female leaders....yes it will make you vomit here and its not the virus, it is filthy here
The place is a complete circus with the animals running the show/charade. Everything is stage managed for the audits but when the audits are over it is a complete mess.

General theme here is the management is diabolical.
very disturbing, Ive never seen or heard so much back stabbing in one place or how bad people perform, not shop floor but managers and leaders. its as if they love to make people unhappy here. iwas never trained properly, just 2 weeks after joining I was running a packing line with a temp worker. said that I did not feel comfortable but I was informed by my leader and manager that if I did not like it I can leave immediately not nice people I have movedon quickly avoid this place at all costs cos managers are brutal
The Site operations manager (and his little group of sheep) are all of the above, in fact that is the training model for all the managers here. It is just so common for the bullying managers to speak to people like rubbish and treat them even worse. The place is run so badly from top to bottom. Apparently it was very good here but they have a syndicate of close managers that steam roll the manufacturing side. Recruitment and promotion will not happen if you do not know the circle of fat unsuccessful managers.

Workforce are constantly under pressure from these low knowledgeable no experienced man managers. It is not a good place to work (in fact I've never been to a worse place) and I will never buy any products manufactured at Hull, a very miserable and poor place to work. The good managers left (probably bullied and harassed) a few years ago but this management team are terrible in every way. Cannot warn people enough to stay away from this place.
The management love to create drama and bully people. A lot of very good people have left Hull RB. Managers don't like being questioned and you can tell they are out of their depth on every fundamental key performance indicator. The managers set a poor example, they are above everyone including HR. Wages is the only good point at Hull, do not waste your time here as they will reduce you, not empower you to your potential. Could go onto Quality, Teamwork, Health and Safety, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Communication, Man Management but it is non existent.
Pros
The pay is ok for Hull
Cons
Managers, don't seem to have the first clue. Just promote their friends
Absolutely no progression from a lab worker perspective. Management are rude and patronising. They expect you to do more work than you have the hours for and expect you to work above your pay grade but have no intention of promoting you.
They’ll walk all over you if you let them, and if you’re not getting the shift allowance then the base salary is EXTREMELY poor.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RB?
They want dynamic people , but stifle anybody that shows the ability to think for themselves.
The managers abuse the seasonal working hours system, chopping and changing shifts at short notice,

They claim there is a no blame culture, until you do something wrong! If you stand up for yourself you are seen as disruptive. If you challenge anything your considered negative.

The pay is reasonable, but the politics for me made the job impossible.

If your not part of a clique, you will not survive
Pros
Pay and benefits package
Cons
Hopeless management
terrible management, no leadership, no real direction, left to work it out on your own. horrible place to work. A number of HR disputes and pay offs too. Avoid.
I enjoyed working at RB, there were times where hours were long an demands were significant. I was always very impressed by senior management and my direct bosses.
As jobs go it is fine but you will quickly realise that it’s a who you know type of place. Back stabbing is encouraged by leaders and managers. You will scratch your head and wonder how some people are qualified for their role.....they aren’t. The site has failed audits recently which shows a lack of quality and competency from the management. The ‘team’ of managers try and make life miserable for the shop floor
Great role, good pay, worst management & culture I’ve ever experienced. If I didn’t know better I’d think they deliberately set out to make employees work lives as miserable as possible. It’s a shame because I’ve heard it was brilliant when it was just Reckitts.
To clarify the Union Rep had all of his family (5 family members, what are the odds of that in the real world?) working at Hull Reckitts at one time or another. This shows how corrupt the management and unions are together. If you are friends with union or management you will get a job there and progress instantly.

Some of the managers have criminal records for severe crimes but HR and Management will turn the other cheek.....unless you challenge them or are from another town/city/country where you will swiftly become a target. The managers at RB would never be managers anywhere else as their basic character and ability is hugely questionable or basic.

There is no place like Hull Reckitts that is for sure. Do as I say not as I do. With all the investment you would think that they would invest in competent leaders.......nah
An 8 hours long day, supportive management,responsible for pharmaceutical production. Clean work area, member are very friendly and always smiley, not like most factories. The best factoryi I have worked.
culture in Hull Reckitts (team work, positive attitude, KPI's, leadership) is driven from the management down and it is very bad, with no people management only driven by fear from inadequate people. Divide and conquer is the slogan along with speed over perfection.subtle bullying from managers and leaders together. no quality through what I saw, even less from health and safety. Everything is swept under the carpet or not communicated up and down the chain. Very Very bad managers and place but good money. Probably not the correct employer for long term employment.
Busy place of work, where some new starters realised in the first month that they could not handle the pace and departed.
Always lots to be done and never a dull moment.

Good job satisfaction if you can handle the workload and pace.
RB company is run by a bunch off selfish clowns what a circus ain't got a clue what they are doing there very bad management woudnt recommend you work there especially in aerosol department clown management lol
No progression at Hull, its all about who you know here. HR and management are both as useless as each other, thought reviews were a little harsh when I joined but are absolutely justified as it is total madness throughout the factory.