RB Employee Reviews

Sounds better than it is
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire31 December 2018
It sounds a good job with room for progression where in reality its very different. I was expected to learn and operate a line in a very short space of time. Salary varies depending of demand of product line youre on which alters your shift pay, MIddle management not very professional and lots of back stabbing amongst staff.
Pros
good pension
Cons
high expectation. Mundane job
Poor Company and never explained
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire18 December 2018
I worked for RB as a Man Tech - was never informed of the work during interview process and then after 3 months was 'let go' because I didn't have an apprenticeship background.

I have a BSc in manufacturing engineering and 4 years experience but apparently I had a steep learning curve as I didn't have an apprenticeship.

Avoid!! Avoid at all costs. Middle management will try as hard as they can to give you the boot.
Pros
Money is alright
Cons
Pack boxes, no engineering aspects, and poor management
Trust No One Here - Hull
team member (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire16 November 2018
Worked here for 8 years and there are some truly horrible people here. Not just the managers (whatsApp gang who sit together at lunch and use bullying as a form of leadership consistently, AKA the 'in' crowd) but there are some snakes in junior management too.

If you want integrity, trust, honesty, respect, personal values, team work, ethics, dependability, positive nature, effectiveness look else where and avoid.

If you want uncontrolled (huge amount of rework all over the factory), apathetic, selfish, arrogant, favoritism, vindictive, rude, lazy, gossips, bullying, disorganised, easily confused then these are the leaders for you.

Some very good people have walked away from this site leaving a shower of ........... running the place now. Draw a face on a balloon and they could manage better than this rabble.
Pros
Team Members
Cons
Poor Leaders
Outstanding Organization
Director (Former Employee) –  Slough31 October 2018
If you are willing to work, relocate and focus on what matters, you will be successful at Reckitt. Pay is directly related to your controllables. Management focus is on what will grow the business not on what someone feels like doing.
Poor
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Humberside5 October 2018
Health and safety is "very important" but also not. Things are reported and ignored. God help you if you actually report an accident!! You are told not to botjer reporting due to the "amount of paperwork involved".
Shift patterns are killers and you have no life outside because you're still so tired. Luckily i had no kids but some parents really struggled.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Fun workplace
Finance Graduate (Current Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire3 September 2018
Work hard play hard culture, a great company to work for in terms of exposure and career progression. Long hours are required and management could do more to make the company a better place to work for.
Pros
Exposure
Hull Site
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire7 August 2018
The culture, management and atmosphere in this site is bad, this is a general theme now running through the site. Favouritism is rife, I never saw my manager during my employment once on the shop floor. It does not matter how you perform as the place has an inner cycle of controlling managers with their own agenda and where sacking personnel is childishly celebrated, bullying managers behavior is shocking but shop floor staff are sacked or oppressed for the smallest indiscretion. Do not become a target as you will not last.

Read the reviews, one manager refers to workers as dinosaurs, shows the caliber of terrible management. What they say here and what they do are total opposites of the spectrum. You will not find worse man mangers anywhere (professional or personal), but great at getting their bonus, saying yes whilst at the long term detriment of the company.

Everywhere you turn rework is being done, all over the factory. No training (temps everywhere) as consumer units is the dominant factor here along with an unsafe culture and promoting my friends who will then in turn not challenge me.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Replace the rotten management
Review
Data Remediation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire21 June 2018
Busy environment to work within, sometimes can be difficult to focus.

Learnt how to use internal systems, which improved existing systems knowledge. Helpful training.
Not much to say
Global Regulatory Affairs Compliance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull16 April 2018
Very good working ethos amongst staff and a nice environment to work in. Management can be a little short sighted and petty in certain departments. But overall very good
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Demanding work/life balance
Fun workplace
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Derby14 March 2018
Fantastic place to work and great teamwork, can be very demanding at times but that makes the job exciting. The change in shifts was hard work as it was 4 on 4 off with 2 day shifts and then 2 nights. Adjusting to sleeping patterns was hard work
Apprentices Avoid!
QC Admin Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hull11 March 2018
I was an Admin Apprentice in QC (Quality Control) for just over 2 years. In terms of future opportunuties my time at the company wasn't taken into account. I was ultimately forgotten by anybody in HR and the training team. Job security is particularly difficult to come by and the day to day running of the company is unplanned, rushed and impossible! Work is constantly recalled back in almost every aspect with management staff doing nothing to solve the issues.
Pros
Cons
Job Security, planning, running of the company
Terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hull6 March 2018
Worked as a manager in production for a number of months.

11-12 hour days common - often made to feel guilty about leaving any sooner. Once left at half 5 (started at half 6) and asked why I was leaving by my manager who was watching from window. Large amount of presenteeism from managers imo.

Salary is decent at a glance but not worth the hours or the treatment from upper management.
Very little job security - no coaching or training given. Often told stories about previous managers being fired for not being good enough or doing enough hours by my manager as if he was proud of it.

Management is the poorest I’ve seen in my short career. Can definitely agree with another review about it being who you sit with for lunch. Upper management are so removed from the shop floor. - my manager was on the shop floor less than once a fortnight.

Culture was terrible - no interest in coaching staff - saw operators thrown at the job with no training (sometimes being the only permanent member of the team on the line) and being tossed aside three months in because results were not as good as other shifts.

Shopfloor staff are really unhappy.

Really poor safety culture - multiple accidents during my time there and no real corrective or preventative actions put in place.

Overall - I would say this is a company to avoid, especially if you want to advance your career.
Pros
Hull is a cheap place to live.
Cons
Long hours, poor management & poor health and safety culture.
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa24 February 2018
Over all RB is a great company which provide different benefits along with salary. Team members are very friendly and cooperative. They also arrange different training for their team. The hardest part of the job was work-life balance. We have to work late till night.
Very bad, Digital Analyst
Digital Media Analyst (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire17 February 2018
Worst experience so far in my career. Poor work/life balance, workaholic culture and lousy location. Management is only good at micromanaging, zero competence.

Avoid.
Pros
Gym and canteen on site
Cons
management, location, culture
Not a happy place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire15 February 2018
Not a happy place to work.

Management are ruthlessly trying to get to the top, games being played everywhere!
If you do not want to go and play workplace politics then avoid.

As a Man Tech there is no formal training into the roll. You are to follow all there protocols. Which means as an engineer, you can’t really engineer anything. I felt after 18months there I was highly de-skilled!

Annualised hours system including 9 mandatory weekend shifts/year. System worked out at 37.5/week when I was there and was looking to be increased.
System can work well for both you and the company if you don’t mind being dropped hours at a weeks notice.

Wages was good
Pension was good
Boots shop was good.
Temp Packing Hull Dries
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire7 February 2018
I work at Hull Packing line for a year and the work/hours are hard but pay good. No job security alot of temps but staff only to friendly to help, management is bad, worst I have seen.

Give me no training just get on with it.

I witness a female manager shouting and screaming at staff but all the managers spend time listening to music and social media when I have asked for support at office on many occasions, these unprofessionals seem to be acceptable to Reckitts.

Bullying by line managers but ignored for some reason. I keep quiet and busy but other people were in fear most of the time of the managers.

I enjoyed my time and money here but not for the faint hearted.
Pros
Money
Cons
Unpleasant and nasty line leader/manager, incompetent and low IQ. No training, rework and accidents common
good
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire30 January 2018
A typical day includes preparing documents for the production teams, ensuring that they are correct. Scheduling the work orders to ensure production is carried out in line with production plans.
Fantastic job
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull10 December 2017
Fantastic job, lots of variation, lots of chance to improve and learn.
Very hard work and lots of it , massively understaffed, so lots of overtime to meet never-ending targets.
Pros
Lots of job variation
Cons
Long hours, too target orientated.
RB Hull - Rework Rush Rush Rework
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire11 November 2017
Worked for 18 months here and found it to be total chaos. There is no plan and when you hit plan they put more work in. Constant rework but no one is concerned with why. The managers ignore you and have no experience, workers are treated like second class citizens, there is no morale.

Massive arrogant, patronising gap between the click management and what was the rest of us. Glad to be gone

This is NOT a world class leader as they think and avoid.

Pros
Nil
Cons
Wasted nearly 2 years
Unique Working Culture
R&D Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull9 November 2017
Great company to work for with advancement at your own pace. Very unique working culture that may be no be suitable for everyone.

You will definitely be thrown in at the deep-end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RB. Our community is ready to answer.