Raytheon
Information from Raytheon:

Raytheon Employee Reviews

United Kingdom50 reviews
Busy
The office is busy in the respect we are the only Raytheon maritime services office in the UK. Flexible working hours, as long as core hours are achieved. Some travel outside the UK, mainly to Kiel in Germany where Main HQ is situated.
I worked here for nearly a year
I loved it but my health got in the way.
It’s a very good company to work for with really good benefits and insurance for health and dental,

Take a chance and apply
Blame culture, swim lane recognition and respect very poor, little/ no very senior management leadership. Oppressive and status will protective
Leadership and examples start at the top, sadly bullying and intimidation is rife. Devide and conquer mentality HR ineffective and none supportive, potential is huge politics and mentality biggest blocker
Productive and Fun team to work with
We had a fantastic team spirit and work ethic as a small training administration team, liaising with the customer on a daily basis and scheduling, organising new training programmes
Blame culture and back stabbing
Raytheon will have shove its employees under the bus to make a fast buck. Managers and leadership are rapidly promoted if shown to stab others in the back and milk the workforce for every penny before discarding them for new blood. I would never recommend this company to anyone until almost all of the senior leadership change.
Misrepresented
I was hired for a one-year contract that started in September. It was supposed to start at the beginning of September but 2 days before I was set to start they postponed it two weeks! That meant two weeks without pay. Not a good start! Then the first week of December I was told that our work was finished so I had to take time off. Two days later they started getting rid of ALL the contractors - including me. That was only about 2.5 months of work and not the one year that was presented at the beginning of the contract.
Great place to work and develop your career
Welcoming and supportive for new Software Engineers, with lots of potential to develop in your chosen career path.
Has partnerned on the women in Cyber initiative
Backward Culture
Raytheon UK has the worst engineering culture it’s a boy’s club with the worst gender pay gap. Management structure lacks any flexibility, It’s the worst of the 70s management style. Most of engineers are over stressed and many suffer of mental health issues due to the working culture.
Military by design
Work is varied, but the company do not treat their staff well. Blame culture and focus on overpromising to customers, leaving developers to 'absorb' the time - often resulting in days of work that can extend weeks at a time. Just coming off of an 18 day-in-a-row shift out of necessity to deliver on time. I will not be paid for this, advised to take the days back in lieu over the quiet Christmas period.
Good Company but complete lack of progression
It can be a good place to work, however there is a complete lack of progression opportunities given the current management team.
It can also be very bureaucratic at times, which means it will take a long time to get things done.

They do invest in you engineers but then expect that that will tie them to the company.
Friendly
Overall good people to work with, people management however leaves alot to be desired.
Manufacturing dept peple were oustading and extremely helpful, line management though was a total disgrace, it soon became apparent that as people had ben promted from within they were stuck with "well this is hoe we have always done it" attitude. I would work for the company again however so long at not for the line managemnt poeple that I had
..good work life ballance .
.. They do take care of the permenent employees. And want to take the company forward.. Start times and finish times are good. Managers I was under firm but fair and a willingnes to get the job done.
Excellent place to work
I worked there twice as a short-term placement between years at University. It was an amazing experience-the knowledge I gained was great.
Pros
Gave me a wealth of workplace experience
Cons
None that I can think of
good
okay friendly place to work with good standards with lots of benefits and fun things organised thought the year like world earth day, summer BBQs and Christmas dinners
Best avoid if you’re wanting a career
A lot of egos at Raytheon and severe lack of professionalism, too many people more content with making them selves look good rather than looking at the bigger picture.

Out of date software and hardware, poor progression options, no investment in people and long hours expected
Pros
Ok Wage
Cons
Prepare to fight if you want a work/life balance. Toxic working environment.
no good
Good salary, too much micromanagement, work not well coordinated.
Weak leaders,but some helpful team members. Training is superficial and not fit for purpose.
Pros
Cons
shifts, bad leaders
Repetitive and Clique filled environment
I've worked for this company twice now in the past few years.

The first time round was with their semiconductor wafer fab which was an interesting change of environment and definitely something new. This however was a factory job and like most jobs of the type it became very repetitive, strained and working with severely outdated equipment meant hitting the constantly increased production goals was challenging.

The second time round I was on the systems side of things having had experience in hand soldering in previous employment, although looking forward to this new challenge I was soon very disappointed when the tasks given to me were nothing more than sitting in front of a computer screen reading for hours on end for 'training purposes' and when that dried up I was literally sat there being told to look busy when certain coloured lab coats walked past (red meaning visitor).

It was fun and interesting when I was actually able to do some soldering work (due to signing the secrecy act I cannot divulge information on what I was working on).

Things didn't last however as during a period of extremely repetitive work each employee was given a one-to-one with our manager, now in this one-to-one we were encouraged to speak our minds and assured that the information given would not affect our jobs as after all the feedback was meant for job improvement, however after voicing my troubles with the very repetitive work I was tasked with I found myself unemployed within the same week.. no warning just boom! Thank you for your service.

So to summarize:

Day to day work can
 - more...
Pros
Local, electronics, local discounts.
Cons
Very clique filled, temperamental management, poor pay for the type of work
Process driven, big company inertia, slow to react to market changes and in denial.
Four years of misery.

Learned a lot about inter company politics.

Good HR department.

Great work force and middle management.

Lions lead by donkeys.
Pros
Looks good on a CV
Cons
Stifles creativity, enthusiasm and dynamic entrepreneur types.
Raytheon
Raytheon, Is a good company to work for, they have good working environment. The jobs have good technical content and are enjoyable. The range of jobs are good and they have a good employee engagement program for progressing your career
Pros
High salary, good place to work
Cons
too corporate, long days
Incredible Company
This is by far the best company I have worked for. There is a huge culture inside the company where you feel there is always someone there should you need any support. Close working quarters with shift leader means you can earn a close and personal relationship with the person who can understand your situation and most will do anything they can to ensure you a comfortable working day and a comfortable life out with work. I regret ever leaving Raytheon and I hope that one day I can return to working for the company.
Pros
Great working hours, Supportive colleagues, Great People
Cons
Work can be repetitive (but it's a minor price to pay for an incredible work place)
Great IT colleagues to work and learn with.
My role was the support of the VMware environment, providing patching, upgrades and provisioning of VM's for current and future projects.
I helped implement the HP Chassis and blades used at the two Data Centres, along with the HP 3PAR SAN's.

I helped with the planning of a Data Centre move from one location to another, with as much up-time as possible using a second Data Centre to provide the core services.

Providing support for the HP SAN with regard to space usage and extension.

I learnt how to work with the 3rd party support providers for both HP and VMware.

I worked as a trouble shooter for issues that our clients were experiencing, and this was the most enjoyable apart of my job.
Pros
Great colleagues to work with.
Cons
Long hours.