Rapier Employment Employee Reviews

Great director, pity about managerment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Abingdon21 August 2017
Seems to have an ethos of if your face fits within the senior and middle management.
Good overall company, with some nice benefits. Hours are good. Salary is not so great. Director is a decent chap with time for any employee. Not so much when it comes to line managers and senior management.
Pros
hours and owner/director
Cons
salary, management and lack of progression
Great company
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Swindon27 July 2016
Always got me work when I needed it . Had signed for 3other agencies promising me class 1 work none gave me any . Signed for rapier employment and they had me working the next day and kept me busy
Cons
Guarantees hours paid weekly sherburn sainsburys
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet27 June 2016
Hours 4-12pm often required to work over (as late as 2am but not always that late, usually an extra 30 minutes) bonus pay/performance of pick rate, MHE training on LLOP and PPT, some goods in training may be applied, most rapier employees are foreign but all cool guys, working in produce fruit/veg, team of about 20 people, ex employee after 8 months (left after gaining promotion) I would highly recommend this job however it does require lifting upto 25kg cases for 8+ hours, 30minute break available, downside for me was there's very few women in produce lol (mainly a man's job) management just leaves you to get on with your job day to day, there are weekly performance reviews however. Agency work. Try before passing up!
Pros
As listed above
Cons
Heavy work and long hours, but guaranteed work and pay
Good company to work for
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport19 May 2016
Plenty of training

Very progressive with modern technologies

0700-1900 Monday to Friday

long term initiatives regarding holiday.
Pros
good training
Cons
Good
Counterbalance Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 April 2016
At work I loaded wagons with car parts and checked and tagged them to make sure they were in the correct placeThere was a language barrier with my co-workers as most of them were eastern European.The managers were inexperienced and some panicked in a pressured environment and would shout or take it out on the workers. I enjoyed the social aspect of my job and the most difficult part was the quick pace of the working environment as orders would keep coming quickly.
Pros
the working environment was clean
Cons
long hours and short breaks
Nightmare month.
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale18 March 2016
I was lucky this was my first job and I applied for the job in the morning, had an interview in the afternoon then started work the next week.

My first week I was on call which was great I got paid two hours a day to sit in my house and wait for my phone to ring (not very good for my nerves though).

It was my third day out delivering I knew I wouldn't enjoy the job because I enjoy lifting weights but struggled lifting some of the white goods (which with time I learnt the correct technique) I got stuck in a Lorry all day with a dreadful man who bullied me nonstop.

Also, I started work at 5.55 every morning ( which I enjoyed and didn't mind) however, my latest finish was 22.00 because I was in a van with no tracker and they sent us to help others after we finish a long delivery ourselves, ( usual number of items delivered each day 30-40 items) this happened on numerous occasions and my second week I worked 70+ hours whereas the law states that's illegal.

Also, as I previously mentioned some of the white goods were heavy but some drivers refused to do a two-man lift because "it would take too much time" unless it was convenient for them (the law states anything over 25kg must be two-man handled) As a result I was laid off because I "could lift enough and was a hazard to other workers"

However, whilst I was there many left with injuries, stress and depression from being overworked and I was planning on leaving after the Christmas period myself.
Pros
Out and about, good pay
Cons
Long hours, intimidating environment
i enjoy working at the workplace
Drivers Mate (Current Employee) –  Ebbw Vale2 February 2016
A typical not all that hard just checking for where the products are going to, how many items and the time slots. contacting the customers to say how long until we deliver the product and deliver it.

I learned to keep look out for any hazards while delivering the products.

Management- the management keep us well informed of any issues and of any good news.

co workers - I get on well with all my co-worker's

hardest part of the job - is knowing when waiting to find out when I'm working.

what I enjoy about the job - going to different areas and meeting new people.
Pros
going to different areas
Cons
having to wait to find out when I'm working
Hgv
Customer Service/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Wakefield3 September 2015
Supervise and help to load and unload goods; ensure loads are secured safely; follow traffic reports and change routes as needed to ensure safe delivery of products; complete delivery paperwork and log books.
Navigate around the northeast and the UK doing delivery work as an HGV class 1, class 2 and 7.5 ton driver.
Pressure job
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Darlington, ENG29 July 2015
I was expected to be on call even while on holiday abroad, even when other managers where being paid to cover my role. no time to switch off.
good place to work
FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  fradley park10 July 2015
I have enjoyed working through this agency, i got more experience working as a flt driver in the fast placed environment, rate of pay was good.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  ENG19 April 2015
Company with a good, polite team. Company provided free LOLLOP driving cource, i learned how to work with hand scaner machine, how to recognize orders by scan, how to find correct items in currect department, hardest part of my job were lifting heavy things
Cons
good
Picker (Former Employee) –  Hinckley7 April 2015
A typical day at work-strive to be better
What you learned-work on team
Management-national mix
The hardest part of the job-heavy products
The most enjoyable part of the job-the dinner
Hard productive work
Warehouse Operative at Distribution Center (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Nursling7 March 2015
This work is for the Distribution Center in Nursling, Southampton.
I work 8 hours usually sometime overtime is nedeed.
Great if you could get 40 hours in
Hgv driver (Current Employee) –  Argos faverdale29 October 2012
Typical agency, promise you the world and give you nothing
Working at argos Darlington, always waiting for text to see when you are working, arrives so late sometimes and they have nothing for you next day, but it's to late to look else where for work
They spit there dummy out if you don't work weekends
All in all it's just another Agency messing you about
Pros
it's easy when you get work
Cons
never knowing what you are working
A little disappointing
Driver's mate (Former Employee) –  Swansea and Ebbw vale depots18 September 2012
The placement in which they put me (Argos deliveries) I really enjoyed, I didn't mind driving 45 minutes to work at 5 o'clock in the morning because I enjoyed my job. However, Rapier as an agency were quite a disappointment. In the interview they offered all these wonderful hours which were promised to me, and I needed over 30 hours a week to have any chance of paying my bills, but as soon as I came off Jobseekers and started work they suddenly decided to only offer me one day a week which equaled to barely 8 hours. I needed a minimum of 30 hours to be entitled to working tax credit so to be honest I felt really stabbed in the back...All in all, they were quite a big let down.
Pros
a great placement with great co-workers at argos depot
Cons
exactly that, a con. abig disappointment with regards to hours.
very nice on the phone
driver (Current Employee) –  lincolnshire and east yorkshire10 September 2012
very good company to work for very efficent with payment for work not had any problems at all