Rapier Employment Employee Reviews for Driver's Mate

Argos is a very poor company to work for.
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire13 November 2018
Worked for seven years was highly motivated at first but argos treat it's agency staff like dirt. Passed aside countless times for a full time position. Not treated like a human you are just a bum on a seat to fill a position. They expect the world from you but offer nothing back. If you want to progress avoid agency drivers mate position.
Pros
Some good people, some backstabbers.
Cons
Argos
No good
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater4 April 2018
Didn't help with issues at work or with staff just got told to grin an bare it , or jus got lied to , they called us in at last minute and expected us to come in if we didn't they would threaten us with the sack
Pros
One manager was a good chap.
Enjoyable
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent18 March 2018
Enjoyable place to work but long days. At the depo not everyone is organised and ready to go so sometimes you do wait around for others. Management there is brilliant.
Pros
interact with customers
Nightmare month.
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale18 March 2016
I was lucky this was my first job and I applied for the job in the morning, had an interview in the afternoon then started work the next week.

My first week I was on call which was great I got paid two hours a day to sit in my house and wait for my phone to ring (not very good for my nerves though).

It was my third day out delivering I knew I wouldn't enjoy the job because I enjoy lifting weights but struggled lifting some of the white goods (which with time I learnt the correct technique) I got stuck in a Lorry all day with a dreadful man who bullied me nonstop.

Also, I started work at 5.55 every morning ( which I enjoyed and didn't mind) however, my latest finish was 22.00 because I was in a van with no tracker and they sent us to help others after we finish a long delivery ourselves, ( usual number of items delivered each day 30-40 items) this happened on numerous occasions and my second week I worked 70+ hours whereas the law states that's illegal.

Also, as I previously mentioned some of the white goods were heavy but some drivers refused to do a two-man lift because "it would take too much time" unless it was convenient for them (the law states anything over 25kg must be two-man handled) As a result I was laid off because I "could lift enough and was a hazard to other workers"

However, whilst I was there many left with injuries, stress and depression from being overworked and I was planning on leaving after the Christmas period myself.
Pros
Out and about, good pay
Cons
Long hours, intimidating environment
i enjoy working at the workplace
Drivers Mate (Current Employee) –  Ebbw Vale2 February 2016
A typical not all that hard just checking for where the products are going to, how many items and the time slots. contacting the customers to say how long until we deliver the product and deliver it.

I learned to keep look out for any hazards while delivering the products.

Management- the management keep us well informed of any issues and of any good news.

co workers - I get on well with all my co-worker's

hardest part of the job - is knowing when waiting to find out when I'm working.

what I enjoy about the job - going to different areas and meeting new people.
Pros
going to different areas
Cons
having to wait to find out when I'm working
A little disappointing
Driver's mate (Former Employee) –  Swansea and Ebbw vale depots18 September 2012
The placement in which they put me (Argos deliveries) I really enjoyed, I didn't mind driving 45 minutes to work at 5 o'clock in the morning because I enjoyed my job. However, Rapier as an agency were quite a disappointment. In the interview they offered all these wonderful hours which were promised to me, and I needed over 30 hours a week to have any chance of paying my bills, but as soon as I came off Jobseekers and started work they suddenly decided to only offer me one day a week which equaled to barely 8 hours. I needed a minimum of 30 hours to be entitled to working tax credit so to be honest I felt really stabbed in the back...All in all, they were quite a big let down.
Pros
a great placement with great co-workers at argos depot
Cons
exactly that, a con. abig disappointment with regards to hours.