Rapier Employment Employee Reviews

Avoid!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire8 October 2019
Promise you everything and deliver nothing. Senior management are very condescending, dictators, obnoxious and ruthless. Not a nice company period so glad I’m not employed by this company now.
terrible.
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire11 September 2019
Unappreciated, no good praise for lots of work, never good enough. Higher management have 0 people skills. The worst recruitment agency I have ever worked for. Glad to have left
Unorganised and lazy staff
LGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Faverdale Argos Darlington9 July 2019
Complete waste of time.
Don't go there
They will promise you the world to come and register.
Pros
Cons
Don't get me started
worst job i ever had
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent1 May 2019
worst job iv ever had by far, worst agency iv ever been with by far, and all In all a dead end job, there for 2 years with no contract offer and paid minimum wage for an easily 10pound an hour job and to make matters worse they then tried to double our work load for the same hourly minimum wage, disgusting, to put it nicely.
Pros
Cons
wage, service, no potential and unproffessional.
Warehouse operator
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Hams Hall23 January 2019
I recommend you do not join this agency! Every time I needed any information, any form or some days for holiday, I had to call 10 times at the agency to insist, because they always forget. They were not able to give you a vest with the name rapier on it, you must to buy one. I ended up working with this agency for 3 months and I have not even gotten P45 till now!!
Is what you make of it
Van driver being put through my hgv (Current Employee) –  Argos/dhl bedford20 November 2018
If you work hard and can lift weight it's a great job with some great people. Hours can be long but that is the transport industry plus you are paid the hour and not a day rate.
Pros
Good money fast progress with opportunities
Cons
Some bad day but that can happen anywhere
Argos is a very poor company to work for.
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire13 November 2018
Worked for seven years was highly motivated at first but argos treat it's agency staff like dirt. Passed aside countless times for a full time position. Not treated like a human you are just a bum on a seat to fill a position. They expect the world from you but offer nothing back. If you want to progress avoid agency drivers mate position.
Pros
Some good people, some backstabbers.
Cons
Argos
prison job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London7 October 2018
Rapier is okay agency but DHL managers are horrible towards agency workers with no training. I was told by one of the managers that if I’m no good they will get rid of me.
rapier Asking for two professional references for a prison warehouse job lool made my teacher laugh.
left after 2 hours
Old P&H contract beware
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Allington, Kent11 July 2018
Worked on this contract for a couple of weeks and its a total shambles. Job description should read be prepared to wait around 3-6 hours not drops! Warehouse appears to be extremely badly run with large numbers of them simply not turning up which means running late on despatch. Management are the worst I’ve ever encountered! Rotas were a joke!My advice avoid.
On the other hand Rapier pay reasonable and on time.
Pros
Money ok
Cons
Badly run
productive place
picker (Former Employee) –  Nursling1 May 2018
I work for agency in a Tesco from October 2013 so it is same place with same people just the Rapier employment agency finished and take as Staffline group.
Pros
overtime available, pay on a time every week
Cons
shift hour change every day
Not a good agency to work for
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire10 April 2018
Like all or most agency's you work for some are good but more bad one's out there! Rapier being one of the Bad... Worked as an HGV driver for them which was ok, then moved on to another job, you were pushed on this job, if you did not want to work certain days, You were then told "they would find someone else" You are not committed to them and vice versa, And again your face has got to fit!! Oh and you must be a yes person!!
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Bad staff
No good
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater4 April 2018
Didn't help with issues at work or with staff just got told to grin an bare it , or jus got lied to , they called us in at last minute and expected us to come in if we didn't they would threaten us with the sack
Pros
One manager was a good chap.
Good for entry level
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Daventry30 March 2018
As I've worked in recruitment it's hard to say much. I worked there too long ago to be able to say real facts. I've got chance to advance but I've received really little training on how to do my job properly therefore experience I've earn was based on my mistakes.
My first work in the UK
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Magor, Monmouthshire29 March 2018
Productive workplace, where I met with fine people.I have been working here for 6 years and I would like some change.I have learned to work in a team.
Enjoyable
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent18 March 2018
Enjoyable place to work but long days. At the depo not everyone is organised and ready to go so sometimes you do wait around for others. Management there is brilliant.
Pros
interact with customers
Very little work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Faverdale23 January 2018
Read previous posts, very little work, constantly taking on drivers but never enough work to go around, much time spent waiting for text, when that doesn't come it's too late to get alternative work, if you do get work with another agency to fill in the constant gaps they then get awkward. A few problems with pay but mainly when key people are off.

Pay now lagging behind the rest of driver land
Pros
Cons
Very little work on a 12 hrs text notice
Long hours, good pay always on time
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire6 January 2018
Worked in stoke for rapier for 10 months manager polte goes the extra mile to help drivers . Wages always correct and on time can't fault them best agency I've worked for
Pros
Good pay regular work. Enjoyable work
Cons
Some long hours
Over promise under deliver
Driver mate (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham17 November 2017
Advertise work at Argos in Darlington, so I signed up spent 3 hours at induction, unpaid of course, then max offer of 2 days work. Still advertising the same job but I’d bet there’s no work or at least a weeks work til Xmas. Typical agency full of promises. Nice staff but clearly not getting enough work so the contracts manager must be rubbish at their job
Pros
Cant comment
Cons
No work
Rubbish agency
Professional HGv driver (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire9 November 2017
I recommend you do not join this agency. They messed me about for weeks and lost me well over 2k in the process. Unprofessional and don’t give a toss about their workers. Feed you lies and rubbish. Horrible to work for and very very unorganised. You won’t be here for long I promise you that.
Pros
Non
Cons
Loads
Great director, pity about managerment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Abingdon21 August 2017
Seems to have an ethos of if your face fits within the senior and middle management.
Good overall company, with some nice benefits. Hours are good. Salary is not so great. Director is a decent chap with time for any employee. Not so much when it comes to line managers and senior management.
Pros
hours and owner/director
Cons
salary, management and lack of progression