Randstad

Randstad Pay & Benefits reviews

Fast Paced but big rewards
Great company that work you hard. Great benefits and career progression with lots of support and encouragement along the way.

A team that works together for one main goal
Great company to work for
Good company, placed me in a position within days. Good communication. Hourly rate was OK since being my first job in that role. Paid every Friday. I would like to carry on working for them.
Easy work,
Great people, easy work, safety comes first, no notice given, difficult to get contract, holiday during summer ( two weeks ) and Christmas holiday, around 10 days. Plus Easter holiday plus bank holidays and still have some holiday to use when you want.
Multiple Wages Issues
I left nearly a month ago they still haven't paid me for my Holiday. Multiple Payroll issues before, Holidays amount never right, very unhelpful staff on site
withhold pay during the festive period christmas and new year
this is a fustrating because working for randstad going out my way to get 2 buses to a job outside my city .
they dont pay me for my work between christmas into new year even though they paid me the previous week.

now i have to go thru acas because they simply dont respond to emails and phone calls.

what more can i say i worked hard done my job got 2 buses that took me 260 mins to work and back a day just to do 6 hours work monday to friday and thats the thanks i get.
non payment of wages over christmas and new year lucky i left because i got a permanent job so thats my experience.
Quite satisfied
I have worked for Ranstad on and off for over 10 years. Pleased with service and roles available
Pay rates are lower than in former years but government has set this so little anyone can do
Pros
Flexible part time
Cons
Capped pay rates no sick pay
You have to have BACP membership
I can’t believe how lucky I am to have this job- I absolutely love the work.
I can have as little or as many hours as I want.
It’s flexible and term time only
Decenf company. Great contracts. Fantastic hours
No hols but do offer equated pay, and as it's above NMW, it still worked out a good deal for me. The staff are pretty decent too, work with you, not against you. I don't personally know about dress code, but I had a really great role so dressed smart for the job.
its fun
not appreciated no jobs available daily and salary low ..hours short and i preffer a fixed term contract and monthly salary. didnt enjoy the places i went to and and the people
Ok place to work
Overall average. security and organisation isn't brilliant. not good communication. it hard to keep motivated at a job where you don't know when you will be working. its also hard as you have to call or email to find out information as they don't tell you.
Pros
Work to be offered
Cons
No certancy
Appalling Company
I began working with Ranstad as a qualified teacher of dyslexic students three years ago. I was paid £30 an hour, now they offer £27 an hour.
Disgusting rate of pay and I suggest there are a lot of agencies out there, chose one that respects you and pays you the going rate.
Good place for skill development
I have found my time as a Labourer at Randstad UK as a good time to hone my work skills but it's not as shinefull as it seems, you have a permanent job but from time to time there's problems with the payroll agency wich will mess up and you end up getting paid later on but overall a fun place .Again if they would provide PPE for every person they have there for more than 6 months would be a bonus, and salary raises from time to time.Depending where you work you might even get 7 days a week.Definitevly recommend if you want something stable and secure.
Pro tip : Give it your all when you work don't do it half-assed,and make sure you don't choose short term jobs.Be responsible have a good work ethic and have fun.
Flexible
They did offer a reasonable amount of work.
No fixed hours or income.
Work term time only when supporting University students.

Do not offer references,company policy for hourly paid contract workers, they confirm hours worked only, some comments regarding reliability, positive feedback from service users, confirmation of training undertaken etc would have been fairer and more useful when moving on.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No fixed hours or income. No reference when moving on.
Academic support worker
Very flexible role, which is OK if you can get the hours. There's recently been another cut in the hourly rate, and being on a zero hours contract means there's nothing you can do about it, so its not enough to live on. A shame as it was a prestigious role when I first started.
The office managers in Manchester were a bit useless at times,not friendly and at times rude, no people management skills. The role was very isolating at times, which they are trying to change by having a weekly call in to be fair.

If you're looking for a bit of extra pocket money and to meet some cool people, while learning for free, then it could be for you but don't expect promotion or career progression. I wouldn't recommend my friends.
Pros
able to choose when you work
Cons
not able to choose regular work
Good place of work
It was a while back since i worked for them but everyone was helpful and friendly. Maybe the pay rates weren't that good but the people you dealt with were excellent.
They blacklist people
A word of advice for individuals wanting work through these. 1 if you have a problem with a assignment they will cut you loose and would rather see individuals be bullied and threatened just as long as they keep the contract,2 plus they inform other agencies to keep well clear of you if you complain. 3 they will also not pay you if the client signs off your time sheet late therefore you will not get paid that Friday. 4 holidays entitlement depends who you talk to in the office your given different hour's all the time for reason only known to them. They only care about the 3-5 pound an hour they earn extra on top of your hourly rate sometimes more if you do overtime as they get more off your hard work.
Pros
Cons
Everything with these
Read what I say
I have a marvellous consultant and a good team in Crawley to work with . The only real problem is THE DERISORY LEVELS OF DAILY RATE PAY OFFERED TO ME.
Pros
As above
Cons
As above
Excellent Workplace
Great place to work, lovely benefits, good salary, amazing training and great support throughout from managers. I have enjoyed my time growing my career as a recruitment consultant here.
Good company, always been there.
What can i say its been ages since i used them, ive been in a perm job for a while, so. but yeah they helped me get tons of work when i first got to the uk.
Pros
good pay and good work
Absolute poo
I had been working for Ranstad for a long time,thought they were great until they deducted money from my wages for a medical I never had, And what's worse i have e,mailed the Maidstone site manager a couple times and eben he has ignored me. Absolute shambles. I hope the real owner's of this company wise up soon.
very good compared to some
general labouring on most sites decent agency longer periods of work decent managers good work culture mostly paid direct regular work across uk not bad to work for
Pros
regular work