Randstad Education Employee Reviews

Gone downhill.
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 November 2018
December 2018
Since moving their service to a first come, first served online app the amount and type of work that has been offered is very poor indeed.
The consultants seen to think the scope of their work now consists of posting a job on the app and seeing who gets in first. No thought to matching candidates to schools. Makes me wonder what the consultants are being paid for.
Avoid and try other non app based agencies.
Pros
Reasonable daily rate.
Cons
The app.
Job insecurity
Supply Teacher/Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bradford30 October 2018
Professional company but more interested in money than children.

They introduced a new system like Uber cab drivers where a job comes up and the first person to click gets the work. And they have a bank of people waiting so by the time you've opened the app the job has gone. You have no time to think about the school, travelling time or whether you want to take the job.

Which means you only get schools that request you or that nobody wants... or late jobs where all the supply teachers have been taken.

There is no loyalty for experience and schools often complain about the quality of supply teachers they have been getting.

Last year they shipped over a load of NQT's from Canada and none of the regular teachers had any work for two months. Many, who had been working with them for years, had to give up or join other agencies. So there is no loyalty for experience.

This means that is now insecure on a weekly basis and could stop at any time.
Pros
Flexible/acceptable daily rate.
Cons
No reward for experience/job insecurity/casualisation of professional work.
Would recommend this job to anyone.
Nursery Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds27 September 2018
Randstad is an exceptional company to work for and I am proud to call them my employer. I would reccomend this job to anyone looking to work with or around children, my consultant is Heather and although I haven’t worked for the company long I feel that she is friendly, approachable and supportive and that she encourages and helps me build my skills, knowledge and experience in this sector.
Flexible around own needs
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 August 2018
Easy to work around other life responsibilities, working as and when. Lovely staff members to help with shifts. Information of each job given clearly.
Flexible work
My role within Randstad is as a supply teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon15 August 2018
Easy to contact staff and flexible hours.
Work in a range of schools.
Listen to what you want.
Get to meet different people and gain new and different experiences.
A very professional and efficient organisation
Teacher of PE, SEN, O.Ed, Humanities. (Current Employee) –  Horley, Surrey10 June 2018
Always cheerful, always professional, always do what they say they are going to do and very quickly. An outstanding service by outstanding people. Would recommend them to anyone looking for work.
Friendly and professional but sporadic work.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire4 June 2018
Very easy to sign up to the agency, and staff were always friendly when communicating. However work was often sporadic in frequency, job roles and location and there was pressure to take permanent roles at schools.
Great
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk4 June 2018
Lovely staff, put you in contact with good schools.

Work can never be guaranteed when doing supply but the staff do their best to get you out to different schools.
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 May 2018
Randstad Recruitment are very proffessional. I had a 2 week contract and i had learnt quite abit. I'm very thankful for the opportunity as it was great.
Great agency
SEN Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent13 April 2018
Understanding and patient staff finding you work, finding you work tailored to you and takes into account personal circumstances. Wide variety of schools to go to and no requirement to drive
Cons
Its a agency so no garentee of hours
great environment
SEN Candidate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester1 April 2018
great team but not a lot of career progression, fantastic training, great discounts and vouchers available. people have been there for years which is always a good sign
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  kingsland school15 March 2018
Working with Agency at Randstad Education since leaving University, working here was enjoyable and gave me experience in a career of teaching and gave me knowledge in the field of teaching.