Randox Laboratories Employee Reviews

what a horrible place to work
worker bee (Current Employee) –  crumlin21 June 2018
I currently work in Randox, this place is a shambles, organized chaos.

the place is so far behind the times, no care about their employees safety, apathy rules internally, no clue about health and safety.

They also do not pay overtime!

rubbish holidays, only 7 days to use for your own use, they force you to take 2 weeks in August

I am looking for another job at the moment, stay clear of this mess.
Pros
Cons
no overtime paid, rubbish holidays
Company with Great potential
Telemarketing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Antrim24 November 2017
great vision of healthcare on the whole. great teams form and staff have a great bond. notable company brand, and if you are determined you can do well.
Horrible
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  London19 January 2017
This is a terrible place to build up your career. It is good for the start, and once you start - start looking for another job, because at this company you will achieve nothing but headache.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Benefits, salary, promotion
Miserable and dishearted start to a professional start
Life Scientist (Former Employee) –  Crumlin Firfields29 June 2016
Joining full of excitement and enthusiasm is quickly drained out of you as all staff have a chip on their shoulder from not being able to progress.
Constant bitchyness from management down to all levels.
Clock in clock out system with strict "rules" on break and annual leave.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Horrible management, flies, distance, pay
Stable job for hard workers
General Operative/Labeling Technician (Current Employee) –  Crumlin11 March 2016
Job time: from 8:40 to 17:20 with 1 short break (15 min) and 1 lunch break (30 min)

Labeling Technician:
Job start from turning on computers and checking e-mails.
Jobs are divided into 2 categories:
1) schedule - printing out label works orders required for packing kits in STATIC department (small jobs less than 100). Sometimes jobs requested by LINES (big jobs with more than 100 boxes to pack).
Every Thursday details in system are compared with works orders are consistence is checked
2) requests - jobs requested by E-mail by different departments (authorizations, label creations, tests for registrations, reprints, R&D label preparation, filing, etc.)

General Operative:
Mostly of time it consist help STATIC department or LINES with packing or preparation for packing.
Time to time help to other departments is included (AUTOS, LIQUID DISPENSE)

I learned work as team and alone and how to set up your work time to be effective in what you plan to do, deal with problems in fast manner, listen to people and give correct explanations, time management.

Management is quite helpful, just need to be addressed in proper way.

Co- workers are friendly and supportive.

Job is quite easy.

Designing of new not standard labels.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very productive work place.
Administration worker (Former Employee) –  Antrim, NIR28 August 2015
At typical day work I was doing office work, operating office equipment and record-keeping. Sometimes at overtime I had to pack kits on lines. Management and co-workers was very supportive. The hardest part of the job was to learn how all departments woks. The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn how to work with documents and learn better English.
Pros
Long lunch break
Cons
Long distance to work from place I lived
miserable place
Finance (Former Employee) –  Crumlin30 July 2015
This is the worst place I have ever worked. Managers are bullies, there is a rule for everything, self interest culture and create a sense of fear in the office. People are marched out in front of everyone for little or no reason. Very much a blame culture. No sense of loyalty to staff and no praise for hard work of long hours. They charge you training costs when you leave when you actually don't get training. People don't stay long up to a year max.

A miserable place to work! Don't even think about it.
Pros
None none none
International Business Development (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2015
- Gain experience in all aspects
- Work with clients on the phone and in the office
- Manage distributors
- Responsible for ccounts and contracts
- Analysis of targets vs. actual sales
- Analysis of forecast vs. orders
- Work on tenders in different markets
- Source new distributors
The most horrible company to work for
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Crumlin, NI20 November 2014
Totally dysfunctional company with ignorant and clueless managers, poor salaries, poisonous atmosphere, no trust to employees whatsoever, use clock-in clock -out system. Treat very disrespectful not only its employees but also the distributors.
Very low salaries, people have to travel on their own time, so most of the weekends I am on the road. While travelling they book for you the cheapest hotels, sometimes not liveable at all.
Randox claims that they produce their reagents and controls in Northern Ireland, but none of us have ever seen the production sites, though many of us asked for that, which makes me wonder if they really produce in NI?
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
every aspect of working for this company
efficient
Quality Assurance Administrator (P/T) (Current Employee) –  Crumlin23 March 2014
This job has given me great exposure to the role of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs in the Pharmaceutical/Clinical Diagnostics industry.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
insecurity of position
A disfunctional, family run company with constant inter-departmental conflict
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Crumlin, Co. Antrim24 January 2014
As a member of the Quality Control Team we had to test each new batch of medical diagnostic kits before dispatch. There was an extreme scarcity of machines to use for these, causing constant stress and conflict within the department and between other departments.
I was often made to sign off on batches which were on the wrong side of the pass criteria, leading to backlogs of paper work and tests to be rerun in my own time.
There was good camaraderie with my colleages in this imperfect environment, but overall it was a bad introduction to professional life. Eventually I left and moved to Dublin, as there were few other options in the Greater Belfast area.
Pros
A steady wage, good friends
Cons
Stress, conflict, bullying, being made to behave unprofessionally by management.